PPR GIFs, cartoons, jokes, funny pictures, etc.

Page 348 of 433 [ 6913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 345, 346, 347, 348, 349, 350, 351 ... 433  Next

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 8:24 pm

Man, this had potential, but then they had to get so heavy handed with it, just beating the joke into the ground.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 6:52 pm

Nine people on a bus. Three vote to drive off of a cliff, two vote to go get ice cream, four abstain because while they want ice cream, they don't really like the flavours available today.

They all die when the bus is driven off a cliff.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 6:58 pm

You scream, we scream, we all scream for ice cream!! ! Wait ,why are we going downhill so fast?!? Aaarhhgh *cough *gasp* crashing sounds

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 7:03 pm

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 8:59 am

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 9:06 am

funeralxempire wrote:

I definetly agree.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 3:48 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I definetly agree.

I thought you were against t3h woke? Perhaps 'woke' largely serves to dismiss causes as unworthy of consideration.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 3:50 pm

This is why the barrel is dominated by bad apples; it's hard to have good apples when they end up as apple sauce.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 4:37 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I definetly agree.

I thought you were against t3h woke? Perhaps 'woke' largely serves to dismiss causes as unworthy of consideration.

You don't think people are capable of changing their views? :?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 5:28 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:

I'm somewhat teasing (although, I don't expect one to radically change from a few days ago), but also drawing attention to why woke is such a useless term despite being so widespread.

It's not that a coherent definition doesn't exist, it's just that no coherent definition is widely agreed upon enough for the term to be more than just the replacement for political correctness for some blocs to b***h about.

As a result, in practice it mostly ends up as a term that's used to signal that a certain topic or perspective is off-limits and shouldn't be discussed or considered.

Sorta like 'SJW' it's become a meme used to serve as a gateway towards the uglier side of 'anti-woke' or 'anti-SJW' causes. Getting people who aren't down the far end of that rabbit hole to spread their use of woke as something that's bad is part of how they draw new people in.

It's an example of how extremists get other people to spread their ideas without even noticing it.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 6:27 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

I'm somewhat teasing (although, I don't expect one to radically change from a few days ago), but also drawing attention to why woke is such a useless term despite being so widespread.

It's not that a coherent definition doesn't exist, it's just that no coherent definition is widely agreed upon enough for the term to be more than just the replacement for political correctness for some blocs to b***h about.

As a result, in practice it mostly ends up as a term that's used to signal that a certain topic or perspective is off-limits and shouldn't be discussed or considered.

Sorta like 'SJW' it's become a meme used to serve as a gateway towards the uglier side of 'anti-woke' or 'anti-SJW' causes. Getting people who aren't down the far end of that rabbit hole to spread their use of woke as something that's bad is part of how they draw new people in.

It's an example of how extremists get other people to spread their ideas without even noticing it.

That all makes sense to me now and I guess I was being like one of those people... plus I read too much news and we all know how reliable the news is. Honestly I feel that the news is a big part in what is dividing us.

I have to confess I do think there is some extreme behavior on the left, but it pales in comparison to what is going on with the right at the moment.

I sympathize with minorities because I technically am one myself in more ways than one. I'm honosexual, autistic, have a diagnosed mental illness, and im technically racially mixed (my dad was Polynesian). Though other than my dark hair I look pretty white and ive only experienced racism from a couple of people who knew my family ancestry.

But i always identify more as being white because my mom's family is white. Plus ive never actually been to Hawaii or the Philippines where my dad's family was originallt from.

But anyways I agree that slaves brought over from Africa were treated horribly and so are the indigenous people in this country aswell as Asians and Hispanics. Women also have been given the short end of the stick for thousands of years, and that includes white women too (one of the reasons I don't like the term 'Karen' is because while i do understand some white women do behave in an atrocious manner to POCs, even white women have had to deal with misygony and the unfair disadvantages of simply being born a woman).

Plus there's the issue with classism in this country And as someone who comes from a poor white family I can honestly say rich white people have zero respect for poor white people just like they have zero respect for poor black people. Which is why the racism of poor whites in America baffles me.

Anyways I guess it's just my empathy... I don't really know how else to explain it? All it takes is a little empathy on my part to try and be more understanding of the whole situation. Though I still try to consider both points of view if that makes sense?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 6:37 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

That all makes sense to me now and I guess I was being like one of those people... plus I read too much news and we all know how reliable the news is. Honestly I feel that the news is a big part in what is dividing us.

I have to confess I do think there is some extreme behavior on the left, but it pales in comparison to what is going on with the right at the moment.

I sympathize with minorities because I technically am one myself in more ways than one. I'm honosexual, autistic, have a diagnosed mental illness, and im technically racially mixed (my dad was Polynesian). Though other than my dark hair I look pretty white and ive only experienced racism from a couple of people who knew my family ancestry.

But i always identify more as being white because my mom's family is white. Plus ive never actually been to Hawaii or the Philippines where my dad's family was originallt from.

But anyways I agree that slaves brought over from Africa were treated horribly and so are the indigenous people in this country aswell as Asians and Hispanics. Women also have been given the short end of the stick for thousands of years, and that includes white women too (one of the reasons I don't like the term 'Karen' is because while i do understand some white women do behave in an atrocious manner to POCs, even white women have had to deal with misygony and the unfair disadvantages of simply being born a woman).

Plus there's the issue with classism in this country And as someone who comes from a poor white family I can honestly say rich white people have zero respect for poor white people just like they have zero respect for poor black people. Which is why the racism of poor whites in America baffles me.

Anyways I guess it's just my empathy... I don't really know how else to explain it? All it takes is a little empathy on my part to try and be more understanding of the whole situation. Though I still try to consider both points of view if that makes sense?

I'd try to remember there's more than just both points of view. We're conditioned to see things as having two sides when they typically have far more.

You touch on something worthwhile as well. Getting the short end of the stick in some fields doesn't mean one won't get the big end in other contexts. The one doesn't erase the other.

When you're the everyman, you'll get the big end. When you're the other, odds are you will not. This is why a lot of criticisms of the concept of privilege miss the mark, people start listing off how they've struggled and miss where they have not, even though where they have not is the point.

You're right though that classism is also an issue, why do you think the trope of racist whites is always working class? Do they think rich people can't be racist, or is it just that it isn't polite to stereotype rich whites that way? This helps play into the overall idea that bigotry is a someone else problem, limited to evil people who can be identified as such rather than having to consider how one might improve themselves.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 6:59 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
You're right though that classism is also an issue, why do you think the trope of racist whites is always working class? Do they think rich people can't be racist, or is it just that it isn't polite to stereotype rich whites that way? This helps play into the overall idea that bigotry is a someone else problem, limited to evil people who can be identified as such rather than having to consider how one might improve themselves.

That's very true about how the "racist American" is always troped as being someone who is essentially working glass and usually from either the southern regions of this country or the west and midwest. It is just a deflection so that the rich, upper, and middle class whites don't have to take a look in the mirror.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 10:36 am

A guy makes a Faustian bargain for demonic powers to inflict pain and suffering on those who have crossed him.

What he gets: Bedridden, twisting his read round and round, puking excessively, and endless spouting a bunch of nonsense about people's mothers receiving oral sex in Hell.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 1:53 pm

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Oct 2022, 12:15 pm

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>