Page 3 of 7 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 2:21 am

Pepe wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
I guess haters like you two are always gonna hate huh?

I'm a hater?

LMAO Are you OK?
Need a joint? A shot of whiskey? A vaycay?
How can I help?

His comment was out of left field, yes. 8)

Yeah, that one was gonna need some examples. :D

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 3:51 am

Man, I definitely have hate in my heart, but I'm not a "hater", that's based on envy, which is a quality that I'm happily lacking in.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 8:37 am

I see that I was wrong now. I should go back to being a misanthrope and learn to equally hate and distrust everybody. Including anyone just like me. Because that is true equality seeing how humans are such f****d up beings.

In fact to quote my favorite musical Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

"We all deserve to die!" :skull:

https://youtu.be/_jcLbfUZT9A

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 9:40 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
learn to equally hate and distrust everybody.

As long as you are consistent, you can never be accused of an 'ism' or 'phobia'. :twisted:

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 9:44 am

Doberdoofus wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
learn to equally hate and distrust everybody.

As long as you are consistent, you can never be accused of an 'ism' or 'phobia'. :twisted:

I hope so :D

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2022, 10:24 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
I see that I was wrong now. I should go back to being a misanthrope and learn to equally hate and distrust everybody. Including anyone just like me. Because that is true equality seeing how humans are such f****d up beings.

In fact to quote my favorite musical Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

"We all deserve to die!" :skull:

https://youtu.be/_jcLbfUZT9A

SMiLes, i Suggest You Read "The Age of Empathy" By the Father

of The So-Called "Alpha Male," Frans de Waal, Who 'Blows Away'

The Misconception That True Alpha Male Leaders Are Devoid of Cooperative Leadership;
Yes, Divine Feminine Cooperation, Where WiLL And Strength Even Among Chimpanzees

That Are Male So-Called Alpha Males Are Most Successful When They Take Care of the

Least Among Their 'Monkey Tribe' With Actual Reciprocating Sympathy, Empathy and Compassion;

Yes Divine Feminine Spirit Of Cooperation Where True Masculine Divine Will And Strength Rises UP
On A Foundation of

Balancing

Grace; Yes
Peace and
Love Holding
Hands Together For Real;

As Even The Omega Wolf Finds A Place
in the Wolf Pack Just As Valuable As the Alpha Male, in the Wild at Least;

True, When Wolves Are Fed "All You Can Eat Sheep" From A Farm They
Tend to Lose Their

Cooperative Spirit

in Greed

When Food
Comes Free
Without the
'Normal Cooperative
Struggle in Life For Real;'

i'll Even Provide A Link to A Free
Google Preview of the Book and

A YouTube Summary of Frans De Waal's Work

All For Free As i Understand Altruistic Acts as Science

Shows Without Expect of Return Makes Zero Discontent and Hate in the Human

HeART, SPiRiT, SoUL, Organically Real in Terms of A Healthy Balance of Neurochemicals

And Neurohormones in A Practice of Life in Cooperative Kindness in Courage Over Fearful,

Angry,
Hating,
Greedy,
HeARTS

Per A Real
Dicken's "Christmas
Carol" Lesson as Real
Practice of Life all the
Way ACRoSS The Lifespan

Through DarK and LiGHT For Real...

It's True, i Prosper By Soul in Mind and Body ThiS WaY For
Real in Balance and the Karma in Actions and Consequences

For How this Works Out in Life for me hehe, is Beyond Refute

HAha as the Evidence i Provide Literally and Objectively Shows True too...

Other than that i Worked For the Military For 25 Years Retiring Early At the
NF-04 Level of An O-4 Major in the Military Then; and Then and Since Then

i've Known SOME REAL MALE ALPHA 'Hero' DUDES IN LIFE AND THEY ARE THE BIGGEST

TOUGHEST STRONGEST DUDES MOST FOLKS HERE COULD EVER IMAGINE MEETING IN REAL LIFE...

WHAT ELSE,

THEY ARE aLSO

The Humblest

Kindest Most Graceful

Loving Human Beings i've Ever

Met As They've Been in a Place Like

The Places of War Where Without Cooperation

And Without So-Called Selfish Ego They Wouldn't Be Alive Today...

They Understand

Cooperation Rules;

They Understand

Cooperation is All that Really Wins in Life

When its Comes to Life or Death REAL SITUATIONS...

i've Listened to Your Story and Realize That Sadly Online

is Pretty Much the Only Place You Find Social Interaction in Life...

Yet i Will Tell You This, Even in this So-called Trump Town USA Place i Live

Where Social Science Assesses it As the Most Difficult Place to Be Different,

i Find Kind People

Wherever i Go

As i Am Strong

Enough to be Kind

With A Self-Esteem That

Is Real and Not Paper Thin

Butt Hurt at the Slightest Slight...

Even The Toughest Special Forces Dudes

Will Tell You, It's The Way You Carry Yourself
With Real Graceful Self-Esteem And Respect For Others

That Will Get You Out of 99 Percent of Most Potential Conflicts IN REAL LIFE...

THEY Rarely Ever
SAY FIGHT BACK
As Offense First

IS IGNORANT IN MOST
EVERY SITUATION IN LIFE

WHERE COOPERATION REALLY WINS FIRST;

Smiles mY FRiEnD i've Danced And Sung
Around the Block of 'Real Life' Enough to Understand

That the Internet And The So-Called News is NOT 'REAL

Life;' it Caters to the Human Propensity to Focus on Fear First

That often Results in Anger And Hate And Even Violence Next in Selfish Greed...

Yes, IT CATERS TO WHAT SCIENCE

SHOWS IS THE HUMAN ADDICTION

TO THE NEUROCHEMICAL DOPAMINE

AND NEUROHORMONES ASSOCIATED WITH

FEAR, ANGER, HATE, AND EVEN VIOLENCE TOO;

YET HERE'S A Deal folks who Live with Fear, Anger,

And Hate in their

Heart are Devoured

By Stress Chemicals that

Age them And Lead to a
Potential Real Early Demise of Life...

Smiles my FRiEnD i Am Stronger than Ever

in Life IN SOUL, SPIRIT, HEART, MIND AND BODY at 62

As i Regenerate Each Day Always New Now With Loving Peace;

It's Up to Us Whether or Not Our EverGreen Tree Stays Green Depending

On What Lives

in Our HeARTS,
SPiRiTS, SouLS,

Body And Mind
For Real; Yes my

FRiEnD Either Heaven or Hell iNCaRNaTE Us

And The Tween of Grey SHaDES of Life We Co-Create...

Science Assesses We Gather About 7 Percent of Our So-Called 'Warm'

Humanity Out of Text; True, This Avatar Life is Not a Very Human Way to Go...

And What We Get

Is Many Very

Shallow

Human Ways
of Interaction;

Yet i Understand as

Previously A Shut-in my

Home for 66 Months in a Life
Threatening Synergy of 19 Medical

Disorders That

So-Called Online

is Better Than Nothing for Real;

And True Even Better Than TV As at

Least You Are Not Only A Spectator of Life...

Rise With Peace And Love or Fall With the Other 'Stuff'

Science At

Least Illustrates

The Human Reality

And Even Other Ape Reality
of this Particularly Among our
Closest KiSSinG Cousins Bonobos...

CuLTuRE Will Be the Virus Human When
Naked Enough Whole Complete Will Be

The Real Heaven
ToGeTHeR NoW AGAiN

This is WHeRE i Live

i Co-Create it With

Like Minded Bodied Souls in Love and Peace...:)

Other than that from my experience most folks
who carry 'SWords' Around With them Have Already Fallen on 'Them'...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPsSKKL8N0s

https://www.google.com/books/edition/The_Age_of_Empathy/bc1Kye_c5X8C?hl=en&gbpv=1&printsec=frontcover

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 12:43 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
I know people define feminism in different ways. I always considered myself to be a feminist because I admire strong women and always have since I was a kid.

What do you define as "strong"?

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 6:52 am

cyberdad wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
I know people define feminism in different ways. I always considered myself to be a feminist because I admire strong women and always have since I was a kid.

What do you define as "strong"?

Overcoming challenges

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 8:46 pm

To the degree that feminism is egalitarian, I've liked feminism for a long time, because I've liked equality for a long time, and as equality gets so much positive lip-service these days, I imagine I'm in good company, in as far the lip service is sincere. Most of what I dislike about it is when it displays as what I call "champagne feminism," i.e. when the privileged pursue their own advancement up the food chain without really considering the masses of women who are lower down in the pecking order.

But people who don't have both higher social motives and self-interest in their personal mix may be rare. And although I personally get very little from tales of high achievers as inspirational figures (because I don't see how thinking "what would my hero or heroine do?" would afford me any practical skill in lifting myself), I don't doubt that many people do get something from it - even if it's no more than a placebo, the benefits of placebos are well documented. Whatever gets you through the night.

I got on quite well with the "boilersuit" feminists I met back in the 1970s, and usually preferred them to the mainstream dolly-bird types, but I probably wouldn't get on so well with the more recent "sex-positive feminists." I wouldn't go so far as to say that a bleach blonde has no brain, I just don't trust the conflation of sexual attractiveness with serious political issues. But it's not for me to second-guess bleach blonde motives.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 12:59 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
I got on quite well with the "boilersuit" feminists I met back in the 1970s, and usually preferred them to the mainstream dolly-bird types, but I probably wouldn't get on so well with the more recent "sex-positive feminists." I wouldn't go so far as to say that a bleach blonde has no brain, I just don't trust the conflation of sexual attractiveness with serious political issues. But it's not for me to second-guess bleach blonde motives.

The boilersuit feminists from the 1970s are not the same as the boilerssuit feminists in the 2020s.

In the intervening 50 years the internet, social media and global travel has made objectifiable attractiveness an cashable asset. Being physically attractive opens doors for young women.

Of course in the 2020s young women can enjoy the best of both worlds and the crew cut, denim overall clad butch feminists have limited appeal to mainstream women compared to back in the 1970s when there were more glass ceilings than today.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 2:22 am

cyberdad wrote:

Being physically attractive opens doors for young women.

Are you sure about that?

Which doors are opened and is it always in their best interest?

What about the increased odds of SA, exploitation, and manipulation?

What about their vulnerability to people who might have ulterior motives?

Do you think it’s right that they might be dated, hired, or promoted based on their looks (even in part?)

Many physically attractive girls and women are invalidated as being stupid, lazy, vain, entitled, or superficial.

Some are told they’ll never need to work because they can use partners for money and security.

Others are hated by their jealous female friends.

I suppose life is always considered to be a little easier for people who are nice looking but wouldn’t that apply to men as well?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 3:23 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I suppose life is always considered to be a little easier for people who are nice looking but wouldn’t that apply to men as well?

To a certain extent but men are judged more on their financial wealth than their looks. Even then, with looks its more to do with physical strength/height > attractiveness

For women the primary asset is attractiveness/prettyness. Everything else (including personality) comes next. If you don't believe me then let the evidence speak for itself, women spend more money beautifying themselves than on any other asset they own including a owning a house or a car, on their education, regular bills or even on medical treatments over a lifetime

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 6:04 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Are you sure about that?

I am, being attractive really does make everything easier for both sexes, but I would argue that the effect is more pronounced for women just given the sexual dynamics of Western culture. I would say that one thing that attractive men have over their female counterparts is other men don't seem to target them in quite the same way I've seen women gang up on other women seen as threats, the social dynamic just isn't the same regarding looks envy among men.

Actually, this is one of those things where I've changed my mind completely from when I was younger and thought intelligence was the be all and all trait for getting through life, now I truly think you're better off being dumber but better looking, within reason.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 10:54 am

cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

To a certain extent but men are judged more on their financial wealth than their looks. Even then, with looks its more to do with physical strength/height > attractiveness

For women the primary asset is attractiveness/prettyness. Everything else (including personality) comes next. If you don't believe me then let the evidence speak for itself, women spend more money beautifying themselves than on any other asset they own including a owning a house or a car, on their education, regular bills or even on medical treatments over a lifetime

I suppose that's all women had for millenia - just look as sexually desirable as you can and hope some wealthy patriarch will choose take you under his wing as a trophy wife while your sisters are left behind in the rat race. Meanwhile a man's "attractiveness" was much more based on how powerful / wealthy he could make himself appear to be. For a little while feminism questioned that, but it failed to bring it down, so (roughly speaking) it gave up and became part of the problem. Of course it's only a problem to an egalitarian.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 11:15 am

cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

It’s not that I didn’t believe you. Of course some doors are opened whether it’s for being popular, dating, being liked at work, etc. I’m just pointing out that good looking females are often at risk of exploitation and devaluation. In some instances they have to fight harder to be treated with respect. A perfect example is the young woman on that meme I posted at the start of the thread. The quote was received as being hostile or negative because she was a thin, healthy, white, affluent-looking woman. We don’t even know if she wrote that quote herself or if her image was used for political motive like a caricature. Twiz and Dox made assumptions that she was insulting men or insulting people’s moral intelligence.

When I mentioned good looking men I didn’t mean for dating. I meant for job promotions and branding. Big business likes their GQ types, just like movie stars and rock stars who are sexy bring in box office money.

Here’s Elle to explain:

NobodyKnows
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 1:53 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
I guess I got confused because of all the flame bait dox has been posting everywhere else... maybe im having one of my 'crazy' paranoid times again? I honestly dont know.

What has Dox posted recently that qualifies as "flame bait?"

Back when there was still a lot of intellectual debate on WP, even feminist greens like LKL would acknowledge that he's a skilled debater.