cognito
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2009, 7:06 pm

Shadowgirl wrote:
MikeH106 wrote:
Shadowgirl wrote:
Explain yourself?

1. An excruciating nightmare I had while going to church in which I saw my face in the mirror.
2. A subsequent dream in which God called me a loser.
3. Immediately after requesting to talk to God in a grocery store with my grandmother, seeing a T-shirt that says, "You're a Loser."
4. A later dream in which Jesus shot his fingers in the shape of an 'L' in front of a girl's T-shirt as if to reference the above shirt.
5. A dream in which the lyrics 'Nobody loves you' were sung to the tune of 'We Are the Champions' (a song in which the word 'loser' occurs).
6. Matthew 13:47.
7. Luke 6:24.
8. Matthew 5:27.
9. Matthew 5:39.
10. Matthew 6:3.
11. Matthew 13:12.
12. Matthew 10:39.

Please don't make me think of you as a sadist.
]

Sounds more like the devil trying to trick you into thinking that. He'll do that.
I'm sorry if you feel that way you shouldn't have to. Don't listen to what the world says.

and yet again you fail at life, if you are not gonna answer the questions or provide proof, you should gtfo and take your fail with you

MikeH106
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2009, 7:10 pm

Shadowgirl wrote:
I'm sorry if you feel that way you shouldn't have to.

Thank you.

Even if we abandon Christianity as a religion, we won't have to destroy everything that has arisen from it.

Like a drop of blood in a tank of flesh-eating piranhas, a new idea never fails to arouse the wrath of herd prejudice.

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jun 2009, 7:15 pm

MikeH106 wrote:
Shadowgirl wrote:

Thank you.

Even if we abandon Christianity as a religion, we won't have to destroy everything that has arisen from it.

You need to fight back against the devil by convincing your self your not a loser.

Does God Exist? Here is proof he does.
http://www.everystudent.com/features/is ... 2godMANp2w

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2009, 7:16 pm

cognito wrote:
and yet again you fail at life, if you are not gonna answer the questions or provide proof, you should gtfo and take your fail with you

Can we chillax here? This isn't exactly an epic flame war.

cognito
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2009, 7:19 pm

twoshots wrote:
cognito wrote:

Can we chillax here? This isn't exactly an epic flame war.

sorry but shadow girl is the arch type of what I despise, unquestioning religous zealot who refuses to open their mind. Its why being gay in today's world is such a freaking struggle!

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2009, 8:08 pm

cognito wrote:
for starters, the sheer number of verisons and edits that have taken place render it a farce of its original self.

For a book that ancient, it is quite impressively preserved. This is a really silly accusation.

Quote:
Second, it contraindicates itself on many passages,

Name one. Or several, since you think there are so many.

Quote:
third, its a book of morality from the roman times written in Aramaic,

The New Testament is from Roman times, but the rest of it is from pre-Roman times.

Other than portions of Ezra and Daniel, and a very few sentence-long quotes elsewhere, none of the Bible is written in Aramaic. It's written in Hebrew and Greek.

Neither of these things are disputed or difficult to find out. Why should I believe what you say about the Bible if you're too lazy to even skim a wikipedia article on it?

cognito
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2009, 8:24 pm

contridications, lets see, ah, yes, the tale of judas, in one section it says he hanged himself (Something an orthedox jew would ever do) but in the next chapter, he bursts into flames!

mosto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Jun 2009, 2:37 am

I believe the Bible should be interpreted by itself, where a context of the whole Bible is known. This is called Biblical theology. Of course the Bible is long, and you can't get to know the narrative context without some serious reading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_theology

MikeH106
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2009, 8:23 am

This diagram will be included in my up-and-coming essay about Christianity as a tool of oppression of Christian enjoyers against Christian servants, and it would specifically apply to me (sorry, Shadowgirl):

Like a drop of blood in a tank of flesh-eating piranhas, a new idea never fails to arouse the wrath of herd prejudice.

cognito
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2009, 11:00 am

Shadowgirl wrote:
MikeH106 wrote:
Shadowgirl wrote:

Thank you.

You need to fight back against the devil by convincing your self your not a loser.

I say gladly then I walk with Satan, for he speaks the truth without claiming to be rightous, he says how things are and since you think I am going to hell for my nonbelief, might as well get something out of the deal. :twisted:

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2009, 2:29 pm

cognito wrote:
contridications, lets see, ah, yes, the tale of judas, in one section it says he hanged himself (Something an orthedox jew would ever do) but in the next chapter, he bursts into flames!

There is no story of Judas bursting into flames.

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2009, 3:42 pm

Orwell wrote:
cognito wrote:
the sheer number of verisons and edits that have taken place render it a farce of its original self.

Evidence please? The Bible has been transmitted quite accurately through the centuries.

Just google a bit for "Codex Vaticanus" ...

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2009, 5:04 pm

Dussel wrote:
Orwell wrote:
cognito wrote:
the sheer number of verisons and edits that have taken place render it a farce of its original self.

Evidence please? The Bible has been transmitted quite accurately through the centuries.

Just google a bit for "Codex Vaticanus" ...

Ever read a translation of the Epic of Gilgamesh that didn't try to smooth over the missing bits? For a book of it's age, the Bible has an enormous amount of evidence that agrees with itself the majority of the time.

Whatever transcription errors have accumulated over the centuries certainly don't add up to "a farce of its original self".

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2009, 5:14 pm

You guys are ruining motivational posters for me. T_T

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2009, 3:29 am

Is this "debunk Christianity with (un)funny images" day? :?

cognito
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2009, 9:53 am

Henriksson wrote:
Is this "debunk Christianity with (un)funny images" day? :?