How credible are Gerald Celente's "trend" analyses

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2010, 7:27 pm

I've recently read a lot of commentary by Gerald Celente - a "Trend Analyst" - and seen his work distributed amongst the Media. I am curious as to how reliable this man's list of supposed "predictions" of "trend-identificiations" are, and whether he's just using vague language.

Much of his speaking appeals to the pessimist in me, but I'm still rather sceptical of this person.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2010, 8:06 pm

Go to Wikipedia and enter his name into the wiki search. It's eye opening. Apparently he, like other "trend prognosticators", has a trail of unfulfilled prophecies behind him. You will note that he seems to have a thing against America, and is constantly saying that non-Americans will start killing Americans because of our pop culture. Not that listening to rap, for instance, or heavy metal, might be enough to drive somebody over the edge, but he says that America and its culture are repugnant and that Americans will "soon" face blowback over it. It hasn't happened yet-people hate our foreign policy, but the appeal of big breasted blonde women in tight swimsuits has yet to diminish.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2010, 9:51 am

pezar wrote:
the appeal of big breasted blonde women in tight swimsuits has yet to diminish.

Very true, indeed, but isn't that more of a Norwegian fantasy?

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2010, 4:23 pm

pandabear wrote:
pezar wrote:
the appeal of big breasted blonde women in tight swimsuits has yet to diminish.

Very true, indeed, but isn't that more of a Norwegian fantasy?

The Brazilians LOVED "Baywatch", so... *shrug*

Exclavius
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 9:04 pm

once your yankee economy goes bankrupt the world won't give two rat's dorppings for american culture, they just put up with it cause you got money they can get out of you.

When your economy implodes on itself, and international faith in the greenback fails, the rest of the world will be falling out of their chairs laughing their asses off as you annihilate each other in the streets with your right to bear arms and your holier than though attitudes.

That's when i'll bear arms, and volunteer to stand guard at the Canadian border to keep you all out of a free land.

Don't take it too hard Yanks, you're not ALL bad, just the ones that tell you what to do, and the one's that do it without thinking. It's a shame that they have to ruin it for the rest of you... You really did at one time have a pretty good theory put into action.

YakovHarkonnen
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 May 2010, 8:12 pm

Love that attitude, Exclavius. Very "Holier then Thou." Being American, I am incapable of stopping myself from drooling at such a magnificent display of cultural arrogance.