Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

louis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Feb 2006, 9:09 am

Hi- Louis again ..........
My first post on this subject was not very clear - I know so little about
religeous belief, I don't even know how to describe it .
I do know that it is NOT a product of REASON, such as "assumption".
For example, I ASSUME that all things are probably the product of one
living intelligence because I think that's the best way to explain EVERYTHING -
We are all free to speculate and imagine what that intelligence might be like
according to our different cultural backgrounds. And who knows ? some of
us might actually be near the truth....and some might be dead wrong.
But what do I know - all I can do is REASON ........

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2006, 10:37 am

Louis, that's a very good point. It is reasonable to believe that the things that are in nature are created; therefore, there must be a creator. No one ever picks up any object and says to themselves, "Hmmm. I wonder how many years it took this watch to evolve."
It is reasonable to believe that the Bible is truly God's word to man as it passes the historical, scientific and literary criticism tests. No other book can claim this.
It is reasonable that the principles found in the Bible are true since when applied, they succeed and have wisdom to them.
Religion is a matter of faith and practice and this varies. Religion is not necessarily the same as Belief. Some religions are practiced out of guilt or duty and some out of habit and tradition. (We've always done it this way.)
Religions are systems that may or may not coincide with the truths or beliefs that they espouse. Belief is in the heart; religion is an outward expression.