Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2009, 12:35 pm

Killing An injured Fox
Beginning a got a parking ticket parking in a parking bay, not covered by the ticked that a bought. I wasn’t to please so I drove the meter maid that gave me it. I told him I did not purchase a £4 ticket knowingly expecting to pay another £60 on top of it, they just rush to the shops and hope for the best.

Across the road was a fox in an epileptic fit. His legs was down, like it was crushed and he was shaking eventually he cealed over and shook some more. If I had a gun, I would have shot him to put him out of his missery, didn’t have one so I used my car and flattened him, after that he showed a little sign of life then dead.

This didn’t go down so well, more respect would have went, if I had just let it shiver while I film it on my phone camera. Everyone there concern for the fox was so high, that one could almost believe that they all was vegetarians, who do not believe it that animals should not be killed and eaten. The two meter maids that was hanging around looking at almost certainly where not vegetarians.

One woman said it wasn’t my right to kill him. Do we have right to kill and eat animals, do we have the right poison rodents and over pests and leave their offspring parentless. Or is it more human to care for bigger pests, yet poison smaller ones like rats .It would be interesting to find out size does an animal have to be before poising, trapping becomes unefficable and paramedics need to get involved to save the beast.

I am so angry that those who take animal suffering so much for granted, can care for a fox who was clearly suffering very badly. Where cows much bigger creatures suffer in badly kept farms and milked until all their energy is gone. I remember watching a Jamie oliver program showing how male cute fluffy chicks get gassed The list goes on.

Maybe I should have done the right thing, and just do what everybody else does, to avoid repercussions, while allowing other bed stuff to happen unnoticed. Surly the Police or the NSPCS will get back to me. I am angry beyond any concern about what might happen next.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2009, 12:37 pm

Turn yourself in and ease your guilt. <.< That is, if you're honest with yourself, it might make you look like a fool to the other people, but if it makes you feel more at peace with yourself, then do it. :o

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2009, 1:10 pm

phil777 wrote:
Turn yourself in and ease your guilt. <.< That is, if you're honest with yourself, it might make you look like a fool to the other people, but if it makes you feel more at peace with yourself, then do it. :o

They would find me, if it is worth their time. The meter maid took a picture of my registration number, I bet he used it to give me another ticket. Maybe from now on, I should spend more time analyzing and mirroring others. I just know how this can go wrong.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2009, 1:21 pm

The fox had it coming.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Arcadian
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Aug 2009, 6:30 pm

as a vegetarian I think your thoughts were probably closer to mine than most of the people around you, yes animals have a right to live, yes running them over in cars isnt genneraly kind, and I probably would have tried to find a capable vet, but honestly other than medical treatment it was probably the best option, and such treatment wasn't realy very likely to happen, I think a lot about the reaction people gave was more shock that someone took matters into there own hands rather than let it slowly and painfuly die, and though I would not have done it myself I realy can't blame you for doing so, and under those conditions it was in my opinion a valid course of action

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2009, 9:42 pm

It is easier to respect the views of a vegetarian. In this country of meat eaters, the prevention of animal suffering had more precedence then its life.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2009, 10:11 pm

I have the greatest respect for life, but what is being talked about here? Your sense of personal guilt? Forget it. All living things die. What's the point of flagellating yourself in public?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2009, 10:17 pm

I was over a friend's place earlier in a week - there was a mosquito freshly stuck to the fly paper, thought about it - no, thought about it...no, eventually I took a finished cigarette and put it out on the mosquito's head. Felt strangely sadistic and had me wondering about myself but - it would have starved to death on there, that and I couldn't exactly swat it when its hanging from a sheet of something like fresh glue.

I have to agree though - leaving something in suffering is worse than taking it out, it just feels right to a lot of people in the sense that it dodges culpability so well.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2009, 1:22 am

Sand wrote:
I have the greatest respect for life, but what is being talked about here? Your sense of personal guilt? Forget it. All living things die. What's the point of flagellating yourself in public?

Guilt. Would that be the guilt of eating meat, and excepting it as easy as NTs do because they don't have to kill it. Or one act killing an inquired pest, that is often culled, that the underfund charities cannot help. I am just very angry.

I may try to be like NT, I will never think like them or believe that is is my moral obligation to be like them.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2009, 1:27 am

Aspie_Chav wrote:
Sand wrote:

Guilt. Would that be the guilt of eating meat, and excepting it as easy as NTs do because they don't have to kill it. Or one act killing an inquired pest, that is often culled, that the underfund charities cannot help. I am just very angry.

I may try to be like NT, I will never think like them or believe that is is my moral obligation to be like them.

I take it then you feel guilty, not that you committed an act of mercy in relieving the fox of pain, but that you didn't eat it.
I find this eagerness to punish yourself quite weird.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2009, 1:46 am

Sand wrote:
Aspie_Chav wrote:
Sand wrote:

I take it then you feel guilty, not that you committed an act of mercy in relieving the fox of pain, but that you didn't eat it.

Sorry I meant no guilt at all. I will not have any sleepless having dreams about dead fox. Wonder if it would be more acceptable if I had made him into a dogs dinner, at least the fox would have been free range.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2009, 2:12 am

Aspie_Chav wrote:
Sand wrote:
Aspie_Chav wrote:
Sand wrote:

Sorry I meant no guilt at all. I will not have any sleepless having dreams about dead fox. Wonder if it would be more acceptable if I had made him into a dogs dinner, at least the fox would have been free range.

Your most peculiar concept that all NTs are carnivores and all AS people are vegetarians seems to indicate you have a bit of research to do.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2009, 2:50 am

Aspie_Chav wrote:

One woman said it wasn’t my right to kill him. Do we have right to kill and eat animals,

Yes. Particularly animals that were born and bred to be used as food. it is our best source of protein. Our kind became what it is primarily by learning to hunt and later raise animals for slaughter. High grade protein nourishes our very extensive brain and nervous system.

Murder is the wrongful killing of intelligent, sentient beings. This applies only to human beings, at the present time. If we ever meet up with intelligent non-humans we will have to generalized our definition of murder.

ruveyn

Last edited by ruveyn on 27 Aug 2009, 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2009, 4:30 am

Sand wrote:
Aspie_Chav wrote:
Sand wrote:
Aspie_Chav wrote:
Sand wrote:

Your most peculiar concept that all NTs are carnivores and all AS people are vegetarians seems to indicate you have a bit of research to do.

I am angry that meat eaters can see mercifully killing an animal as murder. Everyone responded like they have never killed an animal and never enjoyed eating their flesh.

I am generally do not like having to go through the highly illogical and often hypocritical process to determine what is right from wrong. I’m I suppose to think, “what would people think” every single time. If I used that approach slavery times, slavery would be acceptable.

Last edited by Aspie_Chav on 27 Aug 2009, 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2009, 4:40 am

I'm a vegan, and I think under the circumstances, you did the right thing.

Also, I don't see why people are having a go at you here... you noticed an illogical behaviour from those around you. I don't understand it either.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2009, 10:10 am

Aspie_Chav wrote:
I am angry that meat eaters can see mercifully killing an animal as murder. Everyone responded like they have never killed an animal and never enjoyed eating their flesh.

Ever stop to consider that maybe it was because running over an animal with a car is a pretty crude method of killing an animal and without the context that you had, they probably thought you were just doing it maliciously.

Also, it's a very crude method and I doubt most people could justify it fully without actually having gone through your exact steps of seeing it and all...and even then, most people would most likely choose the path of least resistance and do nothing rather than do something.

You're putting too much subtext on the wrong end by inserting your own personal angst into the situation.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson