Veteran
Veteran

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 3:59 am

That's life.

Most people have to find a job.
That job typically is working for a rich person.
The point of the job is to make the rich person even richer.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 7:02 am

And yet the delusion that he's a "man of the people" lives on.............

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2019, 8:23 am

A whole lot of middle and working class Trump voters realize now what a terrible mistake they've made once they see they owe money instead of getting a refund.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2019, 10:55 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
A whole lot of middle and working class Trump voters realize now what a terrible mistake they've made once they see they owe money instead of getting a refund.

Sure, If they actually see that. The word out is the middle class is doing better and unemployment is going down. If you tax the rich more what happens is jobs get outsourced or they move, taking all their wealth and jobs with them. So the question becomes, would you rather have rich people here that provide jobs and a booming economy to such a degree that even being poor isn't that bad(I know because I am poor), or would you rather the rich take their money and jobs elsewhere so we all suffer in poverty?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2019, 3:26 pm

Crimadella wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Sure, If they actually see that. The word out is the middle class is doing better and unemployment is going down. If you tax the rich more what happens is jobs get outsourced or they move, taking all their wealth and jobs with them. So the question becomes, would you rather have rich people here that provide jobs and a booming economy to such a degree that even being poor isn't that bad(I know because I am poor), or would you rather the rich take their money and jobs elsewhere so we all suffer in poverty?

Well, I'm poor, too.
The money from tax cuts the rich received aren't being reinvested into their businesses, but are just being hoarded in savings accounts.
The rich still outsource to places where they don't have to worry about paying a living wage, or work place protection laws, leaving Americans to fall from middle class standing.
I particularly resent the rich for jerking us around with threats to leave the country if they can't pay low wages and get tax cuts, but leave anyway. My dad had been a union man, and growing up we had enjoyed a middle class lifestyle. This was only possible because American workers could back then still reach below the corporations collective belt and twist. Change the dynamic of the labor/management relationship to what it had once been, and that will take care of living in poverty.
The prosperity of the Trump years is actually a continuation of the same prosperity of the Obama years; Trump is just taking credit for it.