Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 5:00 pm

To elect Tulsi Gabbard, a veteran, a real progressive, an anti war activist and a woman of principle.

If she goes up against Trump there can be an adult debate about policies and we'd be left with an anti war candidate either way. I would love to see Tulsi win as she could bring people together. The establishment will try every trick in the book to stop her but the American people can make the difference.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 6:38 pm

She sounds pretty good.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 10:06 pm

She should do well with pro-Russian liberals! She seems like a radical Hindu. I don't trust her, even though I agree with her on some things. Cozying up to Shmuley Boteach, Steve Bannon, Narendra Modi, and Benjamin Netanyahu are red flags for me.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 10:17 pm

She is being smeared from all directions yes. From the same people who smeared Sanders. What do you agree with Tulsi on AspE? Israel hates her.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Autonomous_Bay
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Feb 2019, 10:35 pm

From my experience with Indians that are up and coming is that they are like children in NYC, so easily bamboozled and wannabe white modern liberals. No. Just say no to that. Look for a black man to elect. White men are done. Women can't be trusted in general because they have never played in the upper political arena. Maybe if she's an ex prostitute, ok, but there is a network of elite you gotta have had personal intercourse with to really be able to navigate the politics.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 10:52 pm

Identity politics needs to die. Gabbard is the person who can beat Trump

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 11:53 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
She is being smeared from all directions yes. From the same people who smeared Sanders. What do you agree with Tulsi on AspE? Israel hates her.

I think she's right that radical Islam is a root cause of terrorism. I mean it has a huge following in Saudi Arabia, not exactly a poor nation. Economic issues are a factor, so is climate change, but liberals tend to disregard Islam itself, implying that all major religions have at heart good-will and peace. I disagree. Perhaps this is just a strategic position on their part, since we need moderate Muslim support.

I also support the drone war. If done with appropriate restraints, it kills our enemies with minimal casualties (but not zero). She also supports Sanders.

Autonomous_Bay
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2019, 12:01 am

A hooker will beat Trump at this point. Why elect a social climbing betrayer of her own people? If she betrayed her fellow Hindus, what makes you think she'd effectively be able to lead America?

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 12:05 am

Autonomous_Bay wrote:
A hooker will beat Trump at this point. Why elect a social climbing betrayer of her own people? If she betrayed her fellow Hindus, what makes you think she'd effectively be able to lead America?

How did she betray her fellow Hindus? She seems to support Modi, a right wing Hindu extremist that incites anti-Muslim violence.

Autonomous_Bay
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2019, 12:24 am

Actually, I think she is a good candidate.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 1:30 am

No thanks progressives have taken enough of our freedoms

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 9:52 am

All I know about her is what I just now read in Wiki.

She grew up mostly in American Samoa.

She seems to be of 3/4 White and 1/4 Samoan- Polynesian ancestry, with no South Asian Indian ancestry.

Her mom is a White bread White American from Illinois who, for some reason, took to Hinduism as an adult (kinda like George Harrison of the Beatles did), and did not come from any Hindu family background. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Its just not what you might expect.

Her dad was half Samoan/Polynesian and half White, and was a Catholic.

She grew up in the uniquely multicultural and multireligious family, and then choose Hinduism as a teen. But again, the senator is NOT of actual South Asian Indian extraction, if that's what some think.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 2:36 pm

Autonomous_Bay wrote:
From my experience with Indians that are up and coming is that they are like children in NYC, so easily bamboozled and wannabe white modern liberals. No. Just say no to that. Look for a black man to elect. White men are done. Women can't be trusted in general because they have never played in the upper political arena. Maybe if she's an ex prostitute, ok, but there is a network of elite you gotta have had personal intercourse with to really be able to navigate the politics.

wait, what?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 3:45 pm

AspE wrote:
She should do well with pro-Russian liberals! She seems like a radical Hindu. I don't trust her, even though I agree with her on some things. Cozying up to Shmuley Boteach, Steve Bannon, Narendra Modi, and Benjamin Netanyahu are red flags for me.

She'll do well with non war mongers. Yet you trusted Clinton. Hilarious. Israel hates her.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 3:47 pm

AspE wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

I think she's right that radical Islam is a root cause of terrorism. I mean it has a huge following in Saudi Arabia, not exactly a poor nation. Economic issues are a factor, so is climate change, but liberals tend to disregard Islam itself, implying that all major religions have at heart good-will and peace. I disagree. Perhaps this is just a strategic position on their part, since we need moderate Muslim support.

I also support the drone war. If done with appropriate restraints, it kills our enemies with minimal casualties (but not zero). She also supports Sanders.

The drone campaign just kills innocent people. It's Nazism.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2019, 3:48 pm

Autonomous_Bay wrote:

Any evidence she betrayed them? Nope, Trump will beat most of the names being thrown around.