Page 4 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 6:01 am

Sand wrote:
Mindovermatter wrote:
I know I tend to lose my temper sometimes. I must need Jesus :roll:

I lose my temper all the time. Perhaps Jesus would have been more useful if he lost his temper on the proper occasion.

Yeah if big J had more sense he would have stormed off when dad told him to go get crucified, think of all the fun he could have had..... "Hey babe you wanna see a miracle" instead the idiot goes and gives Mel Gibson material for a movie 8O :lol:

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Mindovermatter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Aug 2009, 6:03 am

Sand wrote:
Mindovermatter wrote:

I lose my temper all the time. Perhaps Jesus would have been more useful if he lost his temper on the proper occasion.

He actually did. But he only lost his temper when people behaved in manners "unpleasing to god". Of course, this is assuming the stories in the bible are true and not written by a bunch of liars.

Question for OP - If god told noah to gather two of every "kind" of animal, what happened when Noah realized many kinds of animals are carnivores? This would mean noah would have to feed the carnivores other animals therefore not fullfilling gods plan. Also after the 40 days and 40 nights all plant life is virtually dead, what did they do survive off of fish alone?

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 6:13 am

Mindovermatter wrote:

Question for OP - If god told noah to gather two of every "kind" of animal, what happened when Noah realized many kinds of animals are carnivores? This would mean noah would have to feed the carnivores other animals therefore not fullfilling gods plan. Also after the 40 days and 40 nights all plant life is virtually dead, what did they do survive off of fish alone?

Oh how naive you are dog protected and provided for all :lol:

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Mindovermatter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Aug 2009, 6:16 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
Mindovermatter wrote:

:lol: unfortunately that's not going to cut it. Op must give me a logical explanation otherwise we must conclude the bible is full of lies. I know god doesn't exist because I used to pray to him all the time, never received the slightest sign of his existence, he never comforted my soul, I was merely talking to myself. If god is truely out there he is a psychopathic, sadistic scum of the universe.

Last edited by Mindovermatter on 28 Aug 2009, 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 6:19 am

Mindovermatter wrote:
Sand wrote:
Mindovermatter wrote:

He actually did. But he only lost his temper when people behaved in manners "unpleasing to god". Of course, this is assuming the stories in the bible are true and not written by a bunch of liars.

AFLOAT

Cold, I am, and bloody tired
To shovel s**t and hay and fruit
That these seasick beasts may be inspired
To live and multiply, to graze and root
In the world when dried.
Many came. Many died.

It was Shem who lost the unicorns.
They were so shy. They lived exclusively on grapes.
He is imperious, like most first borns.
And he must have his wines. And then there were the apes.
Those neanderthals - we thought of them as beasts;
They were not circumcised. They made good leopard feasts.

The dragons simply were too huge.
Their weight had caused the boat to list.
And with that wind and this deluge
We tossed them overboard. They won’t be missed.
Japheth did in the flying pigs. They were treyf.
Noah’s screams were loud enough to make me deaf.

The dinosaurs bent the bars on their cages.
They ate a lot, and how they stank!
Growling, roaring, they’d bite each other in their rages.
They were too much trouble , to be frank.
Rattling their chains, breaking leg irons,
We gave up and fed them to the lions.

And there were those frightful things from outer space.
They almost seemed intelligent, they spoke,
But not Aramaic, just gabble. Their dispatch was no disgrace.
And, also, we lost the elves, fairies, gnomes - all little folk.
I just barely saved the dodo, and the passenger pigeon.
We all prayed, but there are limits to religion.

Finally, that’s the way it goes. The work is lighter.
The rain drums on. The wives are bored to tears.
Noah keeps us in line. Discipline is tighter.
He sings funny songs, quiets down our fears,
Assures us all it will be over soon.
I miss the Sun and yearn to see the Moon.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 6:23 am

Mindovermatter wrote:
DentArthurDent wrote:
Mindovermatter wrote:

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying :?

Sorry, I quite often get caught out by sarcasm to. I am getting at the way religionists always manage to defend against scientific criticisms of their beliefs with banal explanations. And dog well a reasonably banal sarcastic reference to god

Last edited by DentArthurDent on 28 Aug 2009, 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mindovermatter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Aug 2009, 6:25 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
Mindovermatter wrote:
DentArthurDent wrote:
Mindovermatter wrote:

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying :?

Sorry, I quite often get caught out by sarcasm to. I am getting at the way religionists always manage to defend against scientific criticisms of their beliefs with banal explanations. And dog well a reasonable banal sarcastic reference to god

after analyzing your post i figured it out and edited my post. Read it again.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 6:32 am

Sand wrote:
Mindovermatter wrote:

Remember what Josh did to the money lenders in the Temple? He wasn't getting a cut of the vig, so he kicked over their tables and broke their kneecaps.
Also read the -The Book of Revelations-. Christ-II:This time He is not turning The Other Cheek.

ruveyn

Mindovermatter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Aug 2009, 6:36 am

ruveyn wrote:
Sand wrote:
Mindovermatter wrote:

Remember what Josh did to the money lenders in the Temple? He wasn't getting a cut of the vig, so he kicked over their tables and broke their kneecaps.
Also read the -The Book of Revelations-. Christ-II:This time He is not turning The Other Cheek.

ruveyn
Why would you recommend a book filled with lies and blasphemy to another person, when they can be reading something worthwhile that gives them actual knowledge?

edit: your joking.... :oops:

Last edited by Mindovermatter on 28 Aug 2009, 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 6:47 am

*yawn*

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 6:51 am

Mindovermatter wrote:
I know god doesn't exist because I used to pray to him all the time, never received the slightest sign of his existence, he never comforted my soul, I was merely talking to myself.

Hate to say this but your rational for Gods non-existence is almost as flawed as most religionists proof of his existence. Personally I like Prof Dawkins take on this when he says "I am agnostic about god in the same way I am agnostic about the tooth faerie" Like Dawkins I accept the fact that we cannot disprove God and therefore I cannot truly state that I am an atheist, because, simply, however minute the probability, there is a chance God does exist

Mindovermatter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Aug 2009, 6:56 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
Mindovermatter wrote:
I know god doesn't exist because I used to pray to him all the time, never received the slightest sign of his existence, he never comforted my soul, I was merely talking to myself.

Hate to say this but your rational for Gods non-existence is almost as flawed as most religionists proof of his existence. Personally I like Prof Dawkins take on this when he says "I am agnostic about god in the same way I am agnostic about the tooth faerie" Like Dawkins I accept the fact that we cannot disprove God and therefore I cannot truly state that I am an atheist, because, simply, however minute the probability, there is a chance God does exist
My reasoning is not as flawed as you think with regards to the christian god. Because the bible says call unto him and he'll answer you. Well he never did. So He's either A)not there or B) an as*hole. This is regards to the christian god, I very much believe in a god.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 11:49 am

Mindovermatter wrote:
DentArthurDent wrote:
Mindovermatter wrote:

My reasoning is not as flawed as you think with regards to the christian god. Because the bible says call unto him and he'll answer you. Well he never did. So He's either A)not there or B) an as*hole. This is regards to the christian god, I very much believe in a god.

It sounds like you're searching for the "what's in it for me, God." Now that is a God that I know does not exist.

Mindovermatter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Aug 2009, 3:15 pm

So you think it's much more probable that god decided to make us for s**ts and giggles, not revealing himself to us and then casts us into eternal hellfire if we don't worship him? What kind of f****d up mother f****r is that?

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 3:30 pm

Mindovermatter wrote:
So you think it's much more probable that god decided to make us for s**ts and giggles, not revealing himself to us and then casts us into eternal hellfire if we don't worship him? What kind of f**** up mother f**** is that?

I don't think that God is like that or that the bible says he is, either.

The bible isn't exactly crystal clear about exactly what hell and heaven are or how they work, but it is crystal clear that God is both just and merciful.

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2009, 3:30 pm

greenblue wrote:
I like the idea of most people going to hell and only a minority deserving paradise.
I always did like the way you think, greenblue.

DentArthurDent wrote:
claire333 wrote:
Your should link your source.

Nice, thanks Claire I have not laughed aloud for a while 8) :lol:
As much as I enjoy being the source of your amusement, I was quite serious. Look for yourself.

DentArthurDent wrote:
Mindovermatter wrote:
DentArthurDent wrote:
Shadowgirl please don't leave you are our token Young Earth Christian. If you go who will be left to ridicule.

Hey don't be sad Dent, I'm sure there are some Mormons in here. Those people are always good for a laugh. :lol:

I am more worried you lot will start ridiculing your token Marxist :lol: :lol:
Lucky for you, I know jack about Marxism, but I imagine you might be looking a bit tasty to some.