My Brother is calling me a racist for being Anti Zionist

Page 1 of 9 [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2009, 2:44 pm

My brother said i am more racist that Jade Goody for being an Anti Zionist Jew and supporting Ahmedinejad, i am not a racist i am just Anti Zionist, i understand Ahmedinejad is not anti semitic, he is only anti Zionist, I am only Anti Zionist because Muslims have protected us Jews from real Anti Jewish attacks such as the Spanish Inquisition, all what i want is to return Palestine to the Palestinians so that we Jews and Muslims can live in peace like in Islamic Spain where we Jews, Muslims and christians helped pave the way for the Reneissance and Discover the Americas, i am not racist, i know anti semitism when i see it.

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2009, 2:55 pm

That's ridiculous. I am also anti Zionist. To call an anti zionist "racist" is as idiotic, and has the same chilling effect as calling an "anti democratic" person a "nazi". I don't hate Jews, I don't hate anyone more that I hate anyone else.

Racism

The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

So changing your beliefs on something due to the holders race IS RACISM. AND IF YOU DO THAT, YOU ARE A BAAAAAD MAN. :lol:

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2009, 3:12 pm

ryan93 wrote:
That's ridiculous. I am also anti Zionist. To call an anti zionist "racist" is as idiotic, and has the same chilling effect as calling an "anti democratic" person a "nazi". I don't hate Jews, I don't hate anyone more that I hate anyone else.

Racism

The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

So changing your beliefs on something due to the holders race IS RACISM. AND IF YOU DO THAT, YOU ARE A BAAAAAD MAN. :lol:

my brother calls me a self hating jew for being anti Zionist and supporting Ahmedinejad, Anti Zionism is not Anti Semitism. I am opposing Israel because i know Zionism is causing more Anti Semitism, i want no more Auto De Fe's, No more Gas Chambers, No More Sanbenitos and no more Death Camps.The Christians have learnt their Lesson since the Holocaust, because although the Nazis were anti Christian the Nazi anti semitism roots from the Old Chrisitan Anti Semitism, not only Jews were persecuted by the Nazis, many Jews who converted to Chrisitanity suffered from the Anti Christian Nazi Holocaust. nowadays i think there is not much anti Semitism from Chrisitians, If it were not for Zionism, Anti Semitism would not be a big issue for us jews nowadays.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

01 Sep 2009, 3:52 pm

I was with you until you said you support Ahmedinejad.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2009, 3:57 pm

Laconvivencia wrote:
ryan93 wrote:

Racism

my brother calls me a self hating jew for being anti Zionist

Zionism doesn't define one's Judaism...at least not according to scripture. In fact, according to scripture, for man to will the second coming of Israel without G-d intervening is blasphemous.

Your brother is a sucker falling into propaganda that puts more Jews at risk than it saves.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2009, 5:16 pm

Though it is not necessarily always true, in practice anti-Zionism is often a cover to hide one's anti-Semitism. LaConvivencia, I obviously do not believe you to be an anti-Semite (though you do have a rather idealized view of Islam), but you have to be aware that most people make the implicit connection between anti-Zionism and anti-Semitism because that link holds more often than not. I have heard Muslims who claim repeatedly that they are "anti-Zionist, not anti-Semitic" go on to use "Jew" as an insult. Among Muslims and other self-proclaimed anti-Zionists, the word "Jew" is a derogatory term. If this is not anti-Semitism, I'm not sure what is.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2009, 5:48 pm

Given the history of the Zionist movement I would throw the racist slur and worse right back at him. Fanatics from all walks tend to behave in this manner, the Marxist movement is repleat with garbage like this, and here on WP in some sections of our little community I have been refered to as a "self loathing NT lover" just because I do not agree that aspies are the next incarnation of humanity

So throw the racist slur back at your brother and any other Zionist, and give them a history lesson

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2009, 7:01 pm

Laconvivencia wrote:
i think there is not much anti Semitism from Chrisitians, If it were not for Zionism, Anti Semitism would not be a big issue for us jews nowadays.

There is plenty of anti-semitism among the goyim. It is just a bit more subtle these days. You have to be on the receiving end to detect it well.

ruveyn

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2009, 8:26 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Laconvivencia wrote:
i think there is not much anti Semitism from Chrisitians, If it were not for Zionism, Anti Semitism would not be a big issue for us jews nowadays.

There is plenty of anti-semitism among the goyim. It is just a bit more subtle these days. You have to be on the receiving end to detect it well.

ruveyn

Paranoia much?

There's no anti-semitism other than the ignorant impoverished people of the middle east who are taught otherwise which is more a direct result of the whole formation of Israel and their subsequent treatment of the Palestinians and Syrians and their role as a disruptive force in the Middle East...which seems to be more politically charged than racially/religiously charged.

That and the handful of neonazis/white supremecists who are marginalized in mainstream society to the point of being an ineffective joke and parody (one of the few good things COINTELPRO did).

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Khan_Sama
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2009, 8:50 pm

So, you think Admedinejad is a knight in shining armour?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMf5kqGZ1EI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiwMrbCpDyM[/youtube]

Sometimes, you must open your eyes and focus beyond international Jewry. There are many people persecuted all over the world.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2009, 9:53 pm

Orwell wrote:
Though it is not necessarily always true, in practice anti-Zionism is often a cover to hide one's anti-Semitism. LaConvivencia, I obviously do not believe you to be an anti-Semite (though you do have a rather idealized view of Islam), but you have to be aware that most people make the implicit connection between anti-Zionism and anti-Semitism because that link holds more often than not. I have heard Muslims who claim repeatedly that they are "anti-Zionist, not anti-Semitic" go on to use "Jew" as an insult. Among Muslims and other self-proclaimed anti-Zionists, the word "Jew" is a derogatory term. If this is not anti-Semitism, I'm not sure what is.

It is also very possible to be anti zionist and hold totally non racist views.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2009, 10:06 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:

Yes, it is, as with the OP. But in most cases, anti-Zionism≈anti-Semitism because people who disapprove of Israel often fail to draw the appropriate distinctions and just generalize to hating Jews outright.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2009, 10:20 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
Orwell wrote:

Although the easy acceptance of the equivalence of anti-Zionism and antisemitism is a political tool that Israel throws at the world to defer criticism of its abysmal treatment of Palestinians its roots are deeply embedded in the high sensitivity of Jewish culture to the horrendous treatment of Jews by Catholic regimes for centuries and which culminated in the Holocaust. The ghettos endured by this horrific mistreatment seem also to have become an inherent Jewish cultural artifact in that Israel is now pretty much a walled ghetto as a mirror image of the Arab ghetto of Gaza which the Israelis seem to favor in reflection of their own status. Ruveyn is obviously a victim of this sustained sense of persecution since antisemitism which had been a prominent feature of even the so-called free culture of the USA well into the 1940s is pretty much dissipated.

NOBS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Sep 2009, 11:05 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Laconvivencia wrote:

ruveyn

Is not goyim, as used by Jews in reference to gentiles the rough equivalent of hebe as used by gentiles in reference to Jews? Hmmmm. Not to detract from your point.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2009, 11:17 pm

NOBS wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Laconvivencia wrote:

ruveyn

Is not goyim, as used by Jews in reference to gentiles the rough equivalent of hebe as used by gentiles in reference to Jews? Hmmmm. Not to detract from your point.

There is much to be respected in ruveyn's comments but it is frequently in the category of trying to ingest a cactus. He has the habit of using highly disparaging terms that were popular back in the language of insults of the 1940's. I am sure there is a real basis for his sensitivity to criticism of Jews as such but to an immense extent that has disappeared in, at least, US culture.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 12:29 am

Didn't the UN pass a resolution equating Zionism with Racism? (or did we veto it?)

I don't think there's a shred of sympathy in Iran for Israel. Or us, for that matter...