Page 6 of 11 [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 7:30 pm

I meant would running for the hills make me a user?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 7:40 pm

Janissy wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Ok, what about the other stuff?

If she says she is intending to stay abstinent until marriage, or will only do "vanilla" stuff when it comes to sex, and I run for the hills, what would this say about me?

It would say you are sexually incompatible. Sexual comptability is a lot more important than cartoon preference compatibility.

I had linked the two together based on what some people have posted on here.

BigK
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Sep 2009, 6:14 am

Tim_Tex wrote:

No. It means that you know what you want.

Sometimes you have to compromise but sometimes too much compromise would mean that you would both be unhappy.

IMO at times you seem way too rigid and blinkered in your views.

My partner is a devout Christian and loves the Simpsons and art house movies.
People have been telling you for years that not all Christians are alike. Everyone is an individual.

Maybe you just don't meet enough people with different backgrounds. Maybe you need to live in a different area.

Seriously. There are more than two different types of people in the world. It is not just hipsters vs conservatives.

"How can it not know what it is?"

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 6:39 am

Tim_Tex wrote:

Yes.

It would imply that you wanted sex before commitment, and that sex was your primary motivation, not lifelong intimacy.

However, one could argue that she's being a user, because she's dangling sex like a carrot that she'll only give out when she's got you good.

The fact is, people are users.

In my case, my husband I knew we were "the ones" within a matter of weeks, so there wasn't any conflict between sex and marriage. We were lucky, I suppose.

One thing I would say is though, sex isn't a glue that fixes bad relationships. I've been married twice, and the first time sex was something like two or three times a week, but it didn't bring intimacy... in fact it was a way for us to avoid dealing with our problems. Don't imagine that sex proves a relationship is right.

BigK
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Sep 2009, 7:34 am

It wouldn't make him a user unless he was dishonest about his intentions.

It doesn't imply that sex is his 'primary motivation' only that it is important to him.

"How can it not know what it is?"

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 9:52 am

I am out of touch with modern hipster vocabulary, and don't quite know what "user" means.

Is it something bad?

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 10:04 am

pandabear wrote:
I am out of touch with modern hipster vocabulary, and don't quite know what "user" means.

Is it something bad?

"User" means somebody who uses people as one would use tools- with no regard for the feelings or well being of those people.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 11:14 am

Janissy wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Is it something bad?

"User" means somebody who uses people as one would use tools- with no regard for the feelings or well being of those people.

You mean like employment agencies or banks or the army or most businesses? Horrors!

Metal_Man
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 11:17 am

Tim, this checklist of yours is becoming a very unhealthy obsession. Like BigK said there are more than just hipsters and conservatives in this world but you can't seem to see that. I'm beginning to think that you need some professional help with this issue. Yes relationships are difficult for an Aspie but they are not impossible.

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 12:07 pm

Ok, um this thread is quickly becoming like the "artsy liberal thread" and the "Is Tim a loser" thread, and is straying significantly from the "renouncing religion" bit.

Seriously Tim, I thought you were going to turn off the computer and go out and do stuff?

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 12:48 pm

Stinkypuppy wrote:
Ok, um this thread is quickly becoming like the "artsy liberal thread" and the "Is Tim a loser" thread, and is straying significantly from the "renouncing religion" bit.

Seriously Tim, I thought you were going to turn off the computer and go out and do stuff?

To put it fundamentally, it seems Tim is anxious to get laid (I am not trying to insult him, it is a natural male ambition for almost all men) and religion seems to be standing in the way. I am not offering any solutions.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 1:21 pm

It isn't religion standing in the way. It's the checklist.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 1:35 pm

Also, being preoccupied with my full-time job search is another issue.

Locations for jobs I have applied to are very diverse, ranging anywhere from Reno, Nevada to Washington, DC.

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 10 Sep 2009, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 1:49 pm

Stinkypuppy wrote:

I have been working on that. I am adding new interests to my repertoire (such as amateur filmmaking, of which I got the idea from the animated sitcom "Home Movies").

It might be difficult today because it is my busy day at school, and it's supposed to rain the next several days (outdoor activities have become the crux for activities). And I decided it's better to date a fellow Republican-voting Christian who is on the same wavelength as me.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 11:15 pm

So, I guess this means that you won't be renouncing Christianity after all?

At the very least, you should renounce Republicanism.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 11:29 pm

Well Tim, is it Christianity or not?

Renounce it already -_-