Page 8 of 11 [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2009, 9:46 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
But I would still be considered unattractive to them, even if I never mentioned religion or politics.

Feigning confidence will help up your attractiveness. Even if you're not confident in yourself or attractive, just BS with it and if someone calls you on it, make a joke, lie, or just laugh at them calling you on it.

Attractiveness isn't entirely physical.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2009, 9:48 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
But I would still be considered unattractive to them, even if I never mentioned religion or politics.

Feigning confidence will help up your attractiveness. Even if you're not confident in yourself or attractive, just BS with it and if someone calls you on it, make a joke, lie, or just laugh at them calling you on it.

I was talking about just being myself.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2009, 9:52 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

I was talking about just being myself.

But you limit yourself in how you perceive your being "myself".

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2009, 10:06 pm

I have tried being myself, sticking with the religious and political beliefs I am comfortable with, and doing the things I like, rather than those that could impress people.

But the female, Christian, Republican, Simpsons/South Park-loving, highly sexual Aspie I seek has not come my way.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2009, 10:28 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I have tried being myself, sticking with the religious and political beliefs I am comfortable with, and doing the things I like, rather than those that could impress people.

But the female, Christian, Republican, Simpsons/South Park-loving, highly sexual Aspie I seek has not come my way.

Maybe you should broaden your horizons? There's nothing wrong with expanding your world.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2009, 10:40 pm

Are these the only characteristics you seek? What if she is 600 pounds? What if she smokes?

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2009, 11:11 pm

Quote:

That's because she was only like that for about three months before some mindless dickhead made her pregnant, and then left her.

She's now welfare-dependent, embittered, prematurely ageing and overweight. And a mother of four.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2009, 11:15 pm

peterd wrote:
Quote:

That's because she was only like that for about three months before some mindless dickhead made her pregnant, and then left her.

She's now welfare-dependent, embittered, prematurely ageing and overweight. And a mother of four.

What a joyful bunch.

Why assume there's only one? Or for that matter even just two or three? Meet more people and change that.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 8:40 am

There are only two in the world. I have corresponded with both. One of them ran off with another guy, and refuses to even be my friend anymore. The other one was single, and I corresponded with her, and after having trouble meeting people, she went back to her alcoholic, low-life ex simply because she couldn;t stand the thought of not having anybody.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 9:47 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
There are only two in the world. I have corresponded with both. One of them ran off with another guy, and refuses to even be my friend anymore. The other one was single, and I corresponded with her, and after having trouble meeting people, she went back to her alcoholic, low-life ex simply because she couldn;t stand the thought of not having anybody.

Only two that you have met.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 10:18 am

Tim_Tex wrote:

You must have made some strange impression on her that she preferred to return to an unsuitable alcoholic.

Are you sure this discussion belongs in a forum devoted to religion and philosophy or should it be in some forum devoted to loneliness?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 12:02 pm

Sand wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

You must have made some strange impression on her that she preferred to return to an unsuitable alcoholic.

Are you sure this discussion belongs in a forum devoted to religion and philosophy or should it be in some forum devoted to loneliness?

She knew I was serious about being a Christian, and sex was never discussed.

The situation was that because of a busy class schedule, I could only be on IM once a week, and she was usually online late at night. And I am worried that she took it as a sign of disinterest, when that wasn't true. But I was interested in her, and we hit it off at least as friends, and she enjoyed talking to me. But I found out out of the blue, just last week, that she had gone back to her ex. She broke it off with him earlier this year, but she placed an ad in the "Eligible Odd-Bods" thread, and I responded to it, and we became fast friends. I was just worried that she took my not being able to be on IM every day at the same time she was on, as a sign of disinterest, when that was not the case.

SHe told me I met every quality on her "guy list" and I told her that she met every quality on my "girl list".

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 13 Sep 2009, 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 12:09 pm

Well, the topic is whether one should renounce one's religion in order to find companionship.

I think that a more useful approach would be to renounce this (or at least mollify this) as a requirement in a potential companion. Especially when the sexual things may be of higher and more urgent significance. Ideally, you would like the world to contain more than two potential candidates.

Also, a genuine Christian can smell a non-genuine Christian a mile away. A truly Christian woman who felt that you were ready to renounce your religion would probably think that you were not fully committed to the Church, and would not regard you as a suitable husband, especially if you started off by emphasizing your desires for deviant sexual activities.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 12:16 pm

How do all of you come to such weird conclusions about me anyway?

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 2:02 pm

You said yourself at the beginning that you were thinking about renouncing Christianity.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 2:04 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
How do all of you come to such weird conclusions about me anyway?

A thread of frustration topic

Everytime I read a thread like this I want to go kick a couple of cans through a window.

Jannissy's advice about the checklist being in the way is correct.

I think I prefer the guy to come freefalling out of the sky, right on top of me.

I just hope he is not 300 kilos, give or take a milligram or two (I realize the physics of any mass falling on me is going to cause damage. I was just being facetious/dramatic). :P

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo