yes 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
no 85%  85%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 13

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 1:50 pm

Sand wrote:

You missed out on some great experiences. I have had a few lucid dreams but they kill the magic of the experience.

Waking up in a sweat and possibly screaming? Some magic that is.

ruveyn

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 4:26 pm

My nightmares are always about school in one way or another. So I blame school.

willa
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 4:57 pm

I blame my nightmares on matthew mcconaughey, it scares me to death that people pay him to be in movies and that apparently other people are willing to pay to see him in a movie. Any time i hear about a new movie of his coming out, or pass one up channel surfing or see a commercial with a trailer for something with him in it I can count on having a nightmare that night.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 5:20 pm

Sand wrote:
You missed out on some great experiences. I have had a few lucid dreams but they kill the magic of the experience.

Really? I had a lucid dream a few months ago. I decided to flying... that was awesome!! ! 8) Then again I rarely remenber my dreams.

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 5:43 pm

I no longer recall fancy nor terror in sleep. I sleep the sleep of the dead whenever I can actually get to sleep. I would wish it no other way.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 7:48 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Sand wrote:

Waking up in a sweat and possibly screaming? Some magic that is.

ruveyn

The way to face your fears is to experience them in the fullest. To be in absolute control, a you seem to have managed is to cower in fear of the absolute horrors that the universe offers and never know what is there. Dreams offer the supreme experience that imaginative stories and films only timidly approach. Your whole attitude is one of total fear of knowing reality and you cower in your little safe spot like a dog chewing on a bone growling fiercely at the world and threatening absolute violence at anyone who comes near. Admittedly the universe is a cruel and unforgiving place but dreams offer the opportunity of looking at it straight, as scary as that might be.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 8:14 pm

Sand wrote:
The way to face your fears is to experience them in the fullest. To be in absolute control, a you seem to have managed is to cower in fear of the absolute horrors that the universe offers and never know what is there. Dreams offer the supreme experience that imaginative stories and films only timidly approach. Your whole attitude is one of total fear of knowing reality and you cower in your little safe spot like a dog chewing on a bone growling fiercely at the world and threatening absolute violence at anyone who comes near. Admittedly the universe is a cruel and unforgiving place but dreams offer the opportunity of looking at it straight, as scary as that might be.

I avoid pain and injury. How cowardly of me!

ruveyn

Woodfish
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Sep 2009, 6:10 am

Jungian stuff and dream interpretation are perhaps pretty much my main obsession ... :) I never used to remember dreams at all so as a kid I was sure I never slept. One or two years into my first therapy I suddenly started to remember long clear dreams! I felt I was finally seeing a glimpse of the real "ME" .. I bought my first book on dreams and in it it was referred to Jung all the time. And ever since I feel the great J's thoughts and work crucial to me. To what extent I understand them :)

I feel it natural to await guidance from dreams in matters of big decisions. Also feeling inspired by Jung in this. I think he did that a lot himself. Wanted an OK from the dreams before going ahead in major matters. Seen in that perspective I guess a nightmare is only an especially important or dramatic message from the land of dreams.

If we concentrate on accepting ourselves, change will happen. It will take care of itself. Self-acceptance is so hard to get you can't do it a day at a time. I've found that I need to run my life five minutes at a time. --Jess Lair

Silvervarg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2009, 6:18 am

Hmm... I have to agree with Henriksson, I blame school for my bad ones. (The ones I understand anyway. ^^)

Favorite one is when I fly. :D (Still hoping that one day I'll wake up with functional wings. :?)