Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2009, 2:49 pm

Here's your post-racial society, America

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/21 ... etail.html

Black Gangs Vented Hatred For Whites In Downtown Attacks
'I Hate You F---ing White People,' Woman Shouts At Victim
Alan Gathright, 7NEWS Content Producer

DENVER -- Black gangs roaming downtown Denver often vented their hatred for white victims before assaulting and robbing them during a four-month crime wave, according to interviews and court records obtained by 7NEWS.

"I hate you f---ing white people," said a black woman in a large group of black men, according to the victim who was beaten up as he and three buddies left a LoDo bar after midnight on Aug. 30.

"F---- you, white boys," the woman added, according to the 25-year-old Westminster victim, who spoke to 7NEWS Friday.

"Why do you hate white people?" the man recalled asking. "That's when I got hit. They beat the crap out of me," he added, saying that 15 to 20 men beat him to the ground.

"They just swarmed you," said the man who curled up on the ground to shield his face. "You basically just had to protect yourself and hope they didn't kill you."

The victim, who suffered bruised ribs and a cut head, said he was protected by a padded motorcycle jacket. He asked that his name be withheld for his safety.

A couple dozen arrest warrant affidavits unsealed Friday offer chilling insights into the 26 racially-motivated "blitz attacks," which stretched from July 17 to Nov. 17.

One unidentified suspect told police "that the members of his gang earn status in the gang by beating up 'white dudes,'" according to court records. He added that the gangs targeted "drunk white guys," exiting bars and nightclubs in the entertainment district.

The suspects allegedly bragged about knocking out white victims with one punch to the head. Victims lying on the ground were "stomped" and even tossed through glass windows.

In the more than two dozen attacks, victims' injuries included a skull fracture as well as broken noses and eye sockets when they were blindsided by punches that often knocked them unconscious. One man was so savagely attacked that he was hospitalized in a coma for a while, police said.

Several of the 35 young male and female suspects arrested by police recently said the gangs often targeted lone white and Hispanic men because they didn't "fight back" and they had money, iPods and other valuable gadgets that attackers coveted.

Another goal: to drive whites away from their downtown turf, including a hip-hop nightclub, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

The gangs "own that area," one suspect told police.

7NEWS exposed the crime spree in early September when a law enforcement source said the police department was keeping the public in the dark about a series of downtown attacks. The source added that a special FBI task force had been called in to help identify the assailants.

When 7NEWS made a public records request Sept. 3 for crime reports in the area, a police spokesman confirmed the department was investigating a "pattern of assaults and robberies in central Denver" that began in July.

Police spokesman Sonny Jackson denied that police delayed warning the public for seven weeks to avoid frightening visitors to the popular and lucrative downtown entertainment district.

He said police had to confirm "a pattern of behavior" before going public.

But police reports say the gang attack pattern was identified during the summer as the department deployed uncover teams and used surveillance cameras to identify the assailants.

"During the summer months of 2009, a pattern of criminal conduct was identified which included multiple suspects identifying a solo Caucasian or Hispanic male and completing a blitz attack against this party," an officer wrote in an arrest affidavit for a Sept. 4 robbery on the 16th Street Mall.

"Part of the MO involved the group of suspects, usually African American males, sending a party, possibly an African American female, to identify the victim," the officer wrote. "This is done by (the woman) talking with or standing with the victim. A suspect, generally male, from the group will step forward and hit the victim hard, knocking him down. Other members of the group will then emerge and begin participating in beating the victim."

The Westminster beating victim said if police had warned the public earlier, he and others could have better protected themselves

"I'm kind of upset that (police) didn't make it public," said the Westminster beating victim. "I would have been more vigilant. It would have made people a lot more on guard."

But, he added that, "I'm very pleased that they responded the way they did." Within minutes of his 911 cell phone call, uncover officers flooded the scene. He recalled listening to police radios crackling with reports of two suspects being arrested that night.

"I was like, 'Wow, finally they did something,'" the man recalled.

Prosecutors have charged two men and a woman in his attack.

As police pursued the massive investigation involving 35 suspects and dozens of victims, investigators asked the young blacks why they targeted whites.

"Because they got a lot of money," suspect Allen Ford, 18, allegedly told police. Other suspects echoed that simple rationale.

Ford, who was the last suspect arrested in a major police sweep in the past two weeks, allegedly told investigators earlier that he was upset how the robbery spoils were divvied up among members of the Rolling 60s Crips gang and the Black Gangster Disciples gang, according to the arrest affidavits.

Ford, who was arrested Thursday, allegedly griped about "other people getting bigger stuff than me that I would really like to have in my life," according to the records.

At times, older men would chastise young gang members, saying, "Y'all make it seem like a big deal for y'all to be knocking out white people," suspect Denita Mayfield told police. "They all brag about beating up white people."

But the attackers used more than their fists. "The series of crimes has also involved the use of a gun and knife," a police report said.

One male victim recalled a black woman approaching him on the street and saying something he couldn't hear.

"As he was attempting to clarify what had been said to him, a black male came up and stated, 'What the f--- did you say to my girl?'" a detective wrote in an arrest affidavit.

Instantly, the victim was punched.

As he was pounded with blows, the victim said he heard a woman voice shouting, "Get that white boy!" according to an arrest affidavit.

Kendall Austin, 18, allegedly told police that the street gangs "own that area," referring to the 1400 block of 19th Street.

He said they were especially possessive of the Bash nightclub at 19th and Blake streets, saying their purpose was to "keep white people from going to 'The Bash' and to 'let people know not to come downtown without their friends for protection.'"

During an Aug. 2 attack, suspect Allen Ford told police his alleged accomplice, Xavier Francis, tossed a white man through a glass window behind the Bash nightclub.

"I seen him pick the little white boy up and throw him through the glass," Ford told police, according to court records. Police obtained security camera video showing the victim fly through the window.

The Westminster man said after he was attacked, he avoided downtown for a while.

Now he's returned to his favorite LoDo tavern, but he added: "I'm a lot, lot more cautious. It makes me look over my shoulder a lot more."

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2009, 4:06 pm

What a wonderfully sweeping generalizing, to paint an entire nation with the actions of a small group. That's the same justification that has been used as an argument for keeping the status quo for centuries. It is unfortunate that such things occur, and disappointing that such violence perpetuates itself... but it is not indicative of the state of a nation. And whoever suggested that this is a 'post-racial America' doesn't get out much - racism is alive and well in myriad forms both subtle and overt.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2009, 4:45 pm

So a group of thugs attack people who are by themselves, first sending a woman out to lull and distract the male victim. They choose whites and hispanics because their racial profiling indicates these are relatively rich pickings. They do not attack the victim one on one, but rather after a particular male (probably low in the hierachy) has knocked the victim to the ground (and there is little to no chance of the others getting hurt in any way) they swarm the victim.

I think it's quite obvious that these people are simply opportunistic cowards. They are as happy to take on hispanics as whites and when asked for the reason, it's because they offer a better opportunity. They send a lone female out first rather than confronting the victim themselves, and one single male is employed to knock the victim into even easier pickings for the swarm. That's rather obviously cowardice.

Now while these thugs do not appear to mind being opportunistic, they probably prefer not to think of themselves as cowards. So what are they going to yell at the victim? You are going down because you've got stuff we want and we are too cowardly to confront you on fair grounds, or we hate you wh***y? One of these allows someone to frame their acts as "tough guys" getting one over on "the man", and the other confronts one with the fact that they are cowardly and weak. I think the macho "gunna get wh***y" stuff can be discounted as self-justificatory jaw wagging and general re-framing of their acts to avoid confronting or advertising their own cowardice.

FeralAspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Dec 2009, 5:08 pm

Clearly those responsible for this article are the ones expressing hatred.

JRRTolkien
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2009, 6:04 am

I would give 'em the chair.

JRRTolkien
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Dec 2009, 11:47 am

I've heard it from family in the states. And in europe it's the same.
Many city neighbourhoods are no-go areas for whites.
I 'm afraid only a strong leader can help now.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2009, 12:37 pm

JRRTolkien wrote:
I would give 'em the chair.

The chair! The chair??? That is so 20th century. We don't cook them any more. We poison them.

ruveyn

JRRTolkien
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Dec 2009, 12:42 pm

That's a bit old fashioned! They did it to Sokrates.

JRRTolkien
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Dec 2009, 1:37 pm

Europe for the whites, africa for the [removed - M.] america for the indians!

ASPER
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Dec 2009, 4:47 pm

America has a big guilt complex.
They just look away for the fear of being called racists.

The police is calling the assaults "bias-motivated" instead of racial-motivated.

TitusLucretiusCarus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2009, 6:18 pm

The entire West has a VERY good reason for such a complex - I just want us to get a bit more serious about setting things straight, not modifying our language slightly.

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2009, 4:16 am

TitusLucretiusCarus wrote:
...I just want us to get a bit more serious about setting things straight...

How would you do that?

TitusLucretiusCarus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2009, 4:54 pm

Western banks taken under the democratic control of the working class who will then put more than sufficient funds to support the construction of first world standard infrastructure in Africa, schools, roads, hospitals, sewage, water supply etc, for starters.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2009, 5:35 pm

Hmm Titus, not trying to be ironic here but according to wiki (with their sources ofc), there's a total of over 6.79 billion humans as of nov 2009 ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World ), and assuming that everything said in wikipedia is "true", Africa possesses 1 billion alone, which is 14.8% of the world's (again, their word, just search for Africa in wiki). Now, knowing the disparity between rich and poor countries (and within said countries), how do you propose to fix all this? ^^

TitusLucretiusCarus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2009, 6:28 pm

without wanting to dodge a highly pertinent question the implied content of my post being that this control over banks would be the achievement of a workers revolution, from which point the global economy could begin to be swung into a planned economy, producing for use rather than profit. not the best answer I know but it is 11:30 here and i got work tomorrow. I'll try and get back in detail later.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2009, 6:37 pm

Even with a planned economy, how do you propose escaping the grip that government has upon our lives by controlling our link to time (this includes History, which is highly politicized, as well as controlling "zoning" and the time it takes for people to move from point A to point B. As well as regulating trade schedules for consumers to obtain their goods.) and the lines of power that underlie "public" space?