Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2010, 9:57 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Meadow wrote:
My empathy for people is definitely damaged, so you have that right. I don't have any praise for humans at this point and animals can be a pain too in their own way but by far a much lesser degree than humans so I can't agree with you on that one. I'm much safer, happier and healthier now with my current perspective and I don't see that changing. If it does happen well then, maybe some healing will have taken place but I won't hold my breath on it. :)

That's fine so long as you aren't blocking great and loving people from your life along with the rest.

I'm not blocking. I'm very open and friendly and people generally like me a lot, IRL anyway. I've just gotten very burned by the people I thought were safe and trusted the most, because of my gullibility and naivete', so I have to find better ways to protect me. A healthy degree of hatred is reasonably fair under the circumstances.

Yogiboy
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Jan 2010, 11:45 pm

Magnus wrote:
Why is it so easy to love animals and not love humans? Humans are extraordinary animals.

How says it is not easy to love humans? When is the last time you looked at a strange (but cute) baby and did not love it?
Not possible! We love innocence! That is what we see in the poor decreped lives of animals. Innocence and honesty.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2010, 11:53 pm

^ I don't love anything human anymore, not even babies. If the screaming and crying weren't bad enough, they sh!t their pants. No matter how you look at it, it isn't pretty.

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2010, 11:59 pm

Yogiboy wrote:
Magnus wrote:
Why is it so easy to love animals and not love humans? Humans are extraordinary animals.

How says it is not easy to love humans? When is the last time you looked at a strange (but cute) baby and did not love it?
Not possible! We love innocence! That is what we see in the poor decreped lives of animals. Innocence and honesty.

How says it is not easy to love humans?
:afro:

-Pythagoras

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2010, 3:05 am

Actually, babies and other cute animals are evil, because the chemical reaction they induce in your brain renders you unable to kill them. <.<

Meh, when it comes down to it i dun't much care what happens to humanity (or myself), but it's still amusing to watch while the getting is good. :p