Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2010, 1:01 pm

Just curious in how you think your autism affects your diagnostic results. I'm still far behind but since I've been without my meds, I think I'm beginning to improve. All I need are my vitamin Bs, Cs, and Ds then pay my way into knowing the reason behind our existance.

I guess my only complaint is I can't afford my way into the Truth.
Does this make me a bad scientologist?
Is there a way I can overcome my dementia by paying for my self improvement?

Just curious....

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2010, 1:23 pm

why pay for the truth, when you can watch x-files for free?
*hysterical rofl* :D

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2010, 3:30 pm

We all take the piss out of Scientology, but really what is the difference between this and any other religion.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2010, 5:41 pm

I think you have to wonder about any "religion" that asks you to pay your way into the truth. From comments elsewhere on the site, I am surprised to find that any AS are scientologists; I had the impression it was pretty conflicting logic.

I really, really want to support any faith system to helps you find value and self-worth in this world, but I have a tough time with Scientology. I've seen it take people away from everything good in their lives and bankrupt them financially. I wish I could say otherwise, but I can't, and I feel strongly that you need to be aware of the downsides with it.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2010, 5:47 pm

ZEGH8578 wrote:

Yes but they're exposing a little too much and making us look bad.
They should at least change the names and locations before bringing it out to the open. It isn't for most of us to know however only thetians who have progressed their way to the top such as celebrities, politicians, leaders and such. The rest of us thetians are merely here to learn. We must provide and do what is expected if we are to transcend ourselves spirtually and financially.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2010, 7:49 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
We all take the piss out of Scientology, but really what is the difference between this and any other religion.

Because Scientology is actually a scam. The leaders and founders of other religions actually believed what they were doing and weren't just in it for cash. That's a big part of the distinction between a religion and a cult.

ASPER
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jan 2010, 1:14 am

Orwell wrote:
DentArthurDent wrote:

Because Scientology is actually a scam. The leaders and founders of other religions actually believed what they were doing and weren't just in it for cash. That's a big part of the distinction between a religion and a cult.

We can't say that, we did not meet the founders of the religions.
Moses and Jesus have no supporting evidence corroborating their existence.
Muhammad and his buddies made huge profits.

ValMikeSmith
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2010, 5:39 am

"We can't say that, we did not meet the founders of the religions.
Muhammad and his buddies made huge profits."

We have calendars that count years since they lived.
The bible lists in Genesis,
1.The whole line of fathers and sons between Adam and Noah
2.The whole line of fathers and sons between Noah and Abraham
In Matthew,
3.The whole line of fathers and sons between Abraham and Jesus,
with the possible exception of Mary (or not).
And Jesus was born 2009 years ago in the year 1.
And Mohammed in 600 and something.
There's enough age info to estimate Adam at 4004BC (or year "-4003")
and
Noah at 1492BC. (or year -1491)
Some people can therefore trace their family tree all the way back to Adam.
There is probably a genealogy database somewhere that tries to do that for
everyone in the world.
More than half of people who ever lived are alive now.

SDFarsight
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Jan 2010, 8:27 am

DentArthurDent wrote:

Learning about Jesus (or any other religious deities) is free, with donations optional. Whereas learning about Scientology costs money, apart from the brain-washing induction. In other words, religions are religions, where as Scientology is a cult corporation.

And I think that MissConstrue is being sarcastic.

TheOddGoat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2010, 10:47 am

All religions ask you to pay in one way or another.

Christianity is probably the worst for taking money from people though, in England at least. Here, a portion of your tax goes to catholic faith schools and churches.

But now that is is known that they are teaching that "homosexuality is as big a threat to humanity as the loss of our rainforests" as fact in the context of science classes non-catholics are finally starting to say something lol. Plus more and more child-rape is being admitted.

Quote:

lolwut?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2010, 4:31 pm

SDFarsight wrote:

And I think that MissConstrue is being sarcastic.

I replied the first time assuming she was serious, but I do think you are correct. This is when I wish I knew each poster well enough, and their history, so that I could be sure.

paigetheoracle
Raven
Raven

16 Jan 2010, 6:13 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:

They should at least change the names and locations before bringing it out to the open. It isn't for most of us to know however only thetians who have progressed their way to the top such as celebrities, politicians, leaders and such. The rest of us thetians are merely here to learn. We must provide and do what is expected if we are to transcend ourselves spirtually and financially.

I was in Scientology for a short time and while I agree it has some good points it also has a lot of bad ones (or should I say in America, home of gangsterism, they act like tax evading gangsters, intimidating those who do not fall into line as in the Panorama program on BBC TV).

Remember what they say about autism too - it doesn't exist, so are you in it and having the shame button or greed button pushed in your case, until you reach Scientology heaven of big bucks and fame? This is how ordinary society works too or haven't you noticed?

ASPER
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jan 2010, 8:00 pm

ValMikeSmith wrote:
"We can't say that, we did not meet the founders of the religions.
Muhammad and his buddies made huge profits."

We have calendars that count years since they lived.
The bible lists in Genesis,
1.The whole line of fathers and sons between Adam and Noah
2.The whole line of fathers and sons between Noah and Abraham
In Matthew,
3.The whole line of fathers and sons between Abraham and Jesus,
with the possible exception of Mary (or not).
And Jesus was born 2009 years ago in the year 1.
And Mohammed in 600 and something.
There's enough age info to estimate Adam at 4004BC (or year "-4003")
and
Noah at 1492BC. (or year -1491)
Some people can therefore trace their family tree all the way back to Adam.
There is probably a genealogy database somewhere that tries to do that for
everyone in the world.

Calendars are not proof.
I could have a calendar, today, with 2360 years on it, and claim it marks the birth of the spaghetti monster god.

The Bible just mentions names, again, no proof.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2010, 11:31 pm

paigetheoracle wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:

I was in Scientology for a short time and while I agree it has some good points it also has a lot of bad ones (or should I say in America, home of gangsterism, they act like tax evading gangsters, intimidating those who do not fall into line as in the Panorama program on BBC TV).

Remember what they say about autism too - it doesn't exist, so are you in it and having the shame button or greed button pushed in your case, until you reach Scientology heaven of big bucks and fame? This is how ordinary society works too or haven't you noticed?

Yes I have encountered this problem too with autism and depression.

"You were trained and used to by beurocratic industries to believe you have such disorders"
"Then why am I feeling and experiencing them?"
"You are only feeling and experiencing them because you believe them, your task is to only analyze and withdraw these feelings for it will help in finding your authentic self you were forever searching. Let go of the said beliefs you were taught."
"How do I improve this problem, since I'm feeling them?"
"By dianetic training."
"But I have been doing that and so far nothing has changed."
"It will change only if you want it to change it just takes time and money for some of you."

Me... :|

paigetheoracle
Raven
Raven

18 Jan 2010, 3:16 am

MissConstrue wrote:
paigetheoracle wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:

They should at least change the names and locations before bringing it out to the open. It isn't for most of us to know however only thetans who have progressed their way to the top such as celebrities, politicians, leaders and such. The rest of us thetans are merely here to learn. We must provide and do what is expected if we are to transcend ourselves spiritually and financially.

Yes I have encountered this problem too with autism and depression.

"You were trained and used to by bureaucratic industries to believe you have such disorders"
"Then why am I feeling and experiencing them?"
"You are only feeling and experiencing them because you believe them, your task is to only analyze and withdraw these feelings for it will help in finding your authentic self you were forever searching. Let go of the said beliefs you were taught."
"How do I improve this problem, since I'm feeling them?"
"By dianetic training."
"But I have been doing that and so far nothing has changed."
"It will change only if you want it to change it just takes time and money for some of you."

Me... :|

If the medicine doesn't work, change the medicine. If Scientology worked, then you'd have proof of change. If it doesn't work for you, then it will have no effect, proving that it isn't a condition that can be changed by talk. You don't have to be ashamed that you're autistic. You don't have to be proud either but you do have to accept that you are to deal with it on a day to day basis. Forcing change or trying to, never works but allowing things to change by accepting them, might - if only through your attitude to the situation altering (Brer Fox and the Tar Baby).

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2010, 3:38 am

MissConstrue wrote:
Just curious in how you think your autism affects your diagnostic results. I'm still far behind but since I've been without my meds, I think I'm beginning to improve. All I need are my vitamin Bs, Cs, and Ds then pay my way into knowing the reason behind our existance.

I guess my only complaint is I can't afford my way into the Truth.
Does this make me a bad scientologist?
Is there a way I can overcome my dementia by paying for my self improvement?

Just curious....

I think we're all fundamentally stuck. I still have to fight with feeling like my brain is way under-amped, low energy levels, frequent migraines, waking up some days and feeling like I'm in sort of child like trance and capable of 'acting' like an adult but little more in terms of such functioning.

The problem is - I think that's just about as good as it gets, the problems are genetic and its these genetic faultlines that keep us generally feeling like crap. I have learned two truths about myself - no artificial sweeteners (saccharine is ok, the rest really dumb me out and multiply my neurological problems) also, don't go to sleep hungry, has a similar effect on my thought processes and social skills to taking artificial sweeteners. The rest like seasonal changes though - I just have to cope as I can and the rest is psychological.

I really have my doubts though that spirituality can change much of anything. I could be wrong but I've tried a lot of different things - all the way from trying as many new thought processes and short cuts on as possible to trying everything from medication, vitamins, even ordering all kinds of 'smart drugs' (nootropics) from Europe and taking things like Piracetam, Hydergein, or Pyritonol religiously; from that end I'm sure its not a lack of brain cells, the later did nothing aside from seemingly play with my brain chemistry.

All I can advise you is just hang tough as best you can. As for Scientology - like anything, I'd take it by its merits and how much spiritual truth you find in it rather than any kinds of claims they may make about how much help they can make in... I don't know... getting you from level -2 to -1 or whatever the situation may be.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin