Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

masterdieff
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Feb 2010, 11:06 am

I used to get called the N-word all the time in school. Today somebody did it again and it brought up a lot of painful memories.

There is no excuse for this. I know I'm not the same as most people, and I'm reminded of that fact every single day. Just because I'm different doesn't mean I deserve to be called names.

I get so sick of people's reactions when I get offended, too. "Oh, I see you guys call each other the N-word all the time, so I thought it was cool."

As if that makes it OK?! It doesn't matter what we call each other- if you use it, it's pejorative, end of story. There is no "I'm one of you, I'm cool yo" way to call me a nerd.

F***in' crackers.

Not a Christian, just a thinker.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 11:54 am

masterdieff wrote:
I used to get called the N-word all the time in school. Today somebody did it again and it brought up a lot of painful memories.

There is no excuse for this. I know I'm not the same as most people, and I'm reminded of that fact every single day. Just because I'm different doesn't mean I deserve to be called names.

I get so sick of people's reactions when I get offended, too. "Oh, I see you guys call each other the N-word all the time, so I thought it was cool."

As if that makes it OK?! It doesn't matter what we call each other- if you use it, it's pejorative, end of story. There is no "I'm one of you, I'm cool yo" way to call me a nerd.

F***in' crackers.

that always makes me giggle :oops:
then again white people were never lynched and hangedand stuff, well, by blacks, we were lots of lynched and hanged by other white people :D
remember its a big world. norwegians never even looked at black people the wrong way :D
in fact, the first blacks in norway arrived in the 1960s, and norwegians were fascinated, litterally crowding around them to stare and would awkwardly get to feel their skin, in a almost disbelief about how it could be so dark.
we had litterally never seen a black person before :D

vikings were the first norwegians to encounter blacks tho, especially the ones working for the byzantine emperor. blacks have been mentioned in old sagas, but as "blue" people :D to this day people may "humoristically" refer to VERY dark african blacks, as "blue".

today norway has a significant ammount of somalis and west africans, mainly sierra leoneans, and ghanans.
i myself know a sierra leonean, a tanzanian and a kenyan. only the sierra leonean encountered blatant racism, in the form of some skinheads, but he "took care of them" 8) dont f**ck with war-tormented black people.
the tanzanian is hilarious, because he tries SO hard to come off as VERY polite and law-obiding, to impress norwegians (while he sells drugs on the side)
otherwise most blacks in norway have a reputation for being overly hard working, usually they study hard AND work round the clock.
when we're out drinking into morning, blacks are the ones we see out delivering newspapers in the freezing cold :D

as long as people know each others, i think it should be allowed to joke around w various races. races ARE different, and i think its entertaining and fun. true racism however is pointless and destructive.

Last edited by ZEGH8578 on 08 Feb 2010, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shleedtwo
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Feb 2010, 11:57 am

Quote:
F***in' crackers.

Hypocrite.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 12:00 pm

Shleedtwo wrote:
Quote:
F***in' crackers.

Hypocrite.

pff nothing wrong w hypocricy :]

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 12:01 pm

I'm confused here. If you are offended by a word, don't use it yourself.

Last edited by Asp-Z on 08 Feb 2010, 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 12:02 pm

He's being facetious. He's talking about "nerd", not "n****r". Though either way, maybe if you learned to shoot a basketball you'd get more respect

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 12:10 pm

masterdieff wrote:
F***in' crackers.

I am sorry if this is off topic too much, but is it wrong that I love the word "cracker"? I mean, I am white, but still, I like "cracker" and a lot of the other words to use on white people.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 12:14 pm

I'm not to fond of the word, we need different races.

Shleedtwo
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Feb 2010, 12:40 pm

bdhkhsfgk wrote:

Hypocrite.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 12:56 pm

Shleedtwo wrote:
bdhkhsfgk wrote:

Hypocrite.

I know who you are, don't try to start an argument here.

Shleedtwo
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Feb 2010, 1:02 pm

I'm starting no argument, just pointing out the fact you're a hypocrite.

You said you want Jews dead for example, which is a contradiction to the post you made on this thread.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 1:05 pm

masterdieff wrote:

F***in' crackers.

This is the first post I've seen on this forum that made me crack up. Well done.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 1:05 pm

Shleedtwo wrote:
I'm starting no argument, just pointing out the fact you're a hypocrite.

You said you want Jews dead for example, which is a contradiction to the post you made on this thread.

I'll admit that I went too far, even I make mistakes sometimes, I have nothing against people of different races or cultures, we need them all, they are all necessary to keep the world as a whole.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 1:06 pm

But I may be a hypocrite, you're probably right about that.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 1:08 pm

Although I could see why the word would effect the OP in such a way, I have to agree with shleed, that is pretty hypocritical.

Aside from that, I feel the same way whenever someone calls me c**t and whore just because I'm a female. Yet that seems to be accepted in society among other things like fa***t and white trash. I have trouble sympathizing with people who are just as discriminate as the ones they're being discriminated against.

Last edited by MissConstrue on 08 Feb 2010, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 1:11 pm

This is a joke thread, right? I thought the punch-line was that the n-word was "nerd" rather than... You know...

And then putting in "crackers" at the end, after all that, made it even funnier.