Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

fidelis
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 10:32 am

It may seem a little weird to think about, but I think it deserved to be asked. Our brain has very little trouble making us conscious, so why would it be difficult for it to generate a few more?
What I was thinking was that in our dreams, the parts of our mind become separate entities for the period of the dream, and the reason why we only remember it from one perspective is that the perspective we view it from is the dominant part of our mind; our "self."
I kinda don't like the thought of people in my dreams being their own entity, because they are so short lived. I really enjoy talking with some of them. They give me some really good ideas and I would find it a little depressing if they just "disappeared."

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 11:20 am

I had a dream last night that I was talking to someone in depth. It was a very detailed conversation where I was lucid. Are you asking if the people we talk to in our dreams are conscious? Sometimes I learn from talking to people in my dreams, but I'm not sure how it works. I don't think anyone really knows the nature of dreams.

-Pythagoras