Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 4:20 pm

I really enjoy the diversity on PPR. Can I make a thread with no holds barred? Say what you mean without backing it with facts or other opinions. Facts are subject to change. I love talking to the regulars here, but they piss me off. Please don't take offense to it. As Larry David once said, 'A friend is someone who you can swear at, and still be friends the next day."

My question is, "Is there someplace we can go to banter that is not regulated by mods?"

-Pythagoras

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 4:23 pm

The rules apply everywhere; even in PPR, where more latitude is given for those to express their views. If you want an unadulterated free-for-all, sans moderation, you'll have to go elsewhere.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 4:25 pm

I'm asking others to divert from PPR to a more democratic forum. [Insult removed - M.]

-Pythagoras

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 6:42 pm

PPR: Someone is wrong on the internet.

The year is still young.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 7:16 pm

Magnus wrote:
I really enjoy the diversity on PPR. Can I make a thread with no holds barred? Say what you mean without backing it with facts or other opinions.

I cannot see what that cannot happen right here. Words like "stupid", "idiotic", "moron", "insane" and the like would not be required.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 7:52 pm

I personally enjoy being called stupid, insane, etc. because it means I've hit a tender spot that is central and probably important. But it requires a certain arrogance in believing in one's self. Apparently a good many people are too insecure to take that kind of assault.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2010, 1:08 am

Sand wrote:
I personally enjoy being called stupid, insane, etc. because it means I've hit a tender spot that is central and probably important. But it requires a certain arrogance in believing in one's self. Apparently a good many people are too insecure to take that kind of assault.

I happen to be an extremely insecure person, and being called names or having innuendo thrown at me can really send me on a tailspin ... but you truly believe hitting alleged "tender spots" with words like stupid or insane is actually helpful to anyone other than possibly yourself? In all of my days, I have never before heard of any such thing. Rather, I have come to embrace this:

"That the man who is making the approach has had the same difficulty, that he obviously knows what he is talking about, that his whole deportment shouts at the new prospect that he is a man with a real answer, that he has no attitude of Holier Than Thou, nothing whatever except the sincere desire to be helpful; that there are no fees to pay, no axes to grind, no people to please, no lectures to be endured - these are the conditions we have found most effective. After such an approach many take up their beds and walk again." ("A.A.", the book)

TheOddGoat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2010, 8:23 am

makuranososhi wrote:
The rules apply everywhere; even in PPR, where more latitude is given for those to express their views. If you want an unadulterated free-for-all, sans moderation, you'll have to go elsewhere.

M.

4chan!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!!111