Page 4 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 1:19 am

RHETORIC NEVER HELPED ANYONE!! ! RHETORIC NEVER HELPED ANYONE!! ! RHETORIC NEVER HELPED ANYONE!! !

Not one f'cking bit!! ! It pisses me off, when I have problems people argue with me about solutions that already don't work. I may not be able to fully describe the problem, but it's a problem none the less and you really don't understand it until you have to put up with it. As a matter of fact a certain philosophers rhetoric f'cked up an entire country. (and if you think I'm wrong why don't you move there?)

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 12:40 pm

headphase wrote:
All I see is a strawman.

Well I guess this strawman is more human than you are because this straw man understands something you don't, it's called unbiased logic.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 12:42 pm

The "politically correct" thing to do is ignore him being racist, because he's black, he has a right to be racist :roll: Yeah, just call it something else, pretend he's not being racist. It's not racism, it's "black pride" :roll:

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 12:45 pm

Just like I'm soooooo sure being anti-illegal immigration means I don't like mexicans, even though one of my best friends are mexican lol. Of coarse what silly people would believe it had to do with economics instead of race :roll:

headphase
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 7:17 pm

snake321 wrote:
headphase wrote:
All I see is a strawman.
Well I guess this strawman is more human than you are because this straw man understands something you don't, it's called unbiased logic.

Care to explain? What I see is a characterization of people being critical of one's heritage turned into hatred.

Quote:
White Christians have enslaved and oppressed the great Black Race.

How is this not true?

Quote:
They made Blacks live in Slums and designed IQ tests to make this dynamic Race of inventors, explorers, and builders of civilization seem stupid. We love the Blacks and their high culture!

This is just plain racist. We know that are are many black inventors, explorers, and engineers. Never mind that the poster completely forgot about jazz and rock and roll as one of the main contributers to American culture.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 7:59 pm

headphase wrote:
snake321 wrote:
headphase wrote:
All I see is a strawman.

Care to explain? What I see is a characterization of people being critical of one's heritage turned into hatred.

Quote:

How is this not true?

Quote:
They made Blacks live in Slums and designed IQ tests to make this dynamic Race of inventors, explorers, and builders of civilization seem stupid. We love the Blacks and their high culture!

This is just plain racist. We know that are are many black inventors, explorers, and engineers. Never mind that the poster completely forgot about jazz and rock and roll as one of the main contributers to American culture.

"characterisation of people being critical of one's heritage turned into hatred", yeah I should be critical of that, it's hypocrasy.
Yes, whites did oppress blacks, YEARS AGO, I did not enslave anyone, my forefathers did long before I was born. So why am I taking the bullet here for their actions, which I had no control over? How does it make it any more acceptible for a person of color to be racist?

headphase
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 8:06 pm

snake321 wrote:
headphase wrote:
snake321 wrote:
headphase wrote:
All I see is a strawman.

Quote:

How is this not true?

Quote:

"characterisation of people being critical of one's heritage turned into hatred", yeah I should be critical of that, it's hypocrasy.
Yes, whites did oppress blacks, YEARS AGO, I did not enslave anyone, my forefathers did long before I was born. So why am I taking the bullet here for their actions, which I had no control over? How does it make it any more acceptible for a person of color to be racist?

You should not be taking the bullet, just be aware the some of the blacks are where they are because of oppression. I don't believe that blacks should have more leeway than whites for racism, but we don't fear it as much because their hatred has not caused as much damage on our country's society as ours.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 8:09 pm

About slavery, it was wrong, however, I am not wrong because I never advocated slavery, I merely wasn't born in the time period to be able to do anything about it. But, blacks kept blacks as slaves in Africa long before the white man came along, and blacks SOLD other blacks to white slave owners, out of Africa. In fact, blacks still enslave blacks in Africa to this day. I do not support it at all, but it happens. As evil and vile as slavery and racism are, you'd also have to ask where they would be had we not brought them to America? Atleast some "evil white devils" gave them a chance to be free. Once again I'm not defending what they had to go through when they were brought here, that was horrible. But we did in the long run bring many of them out of war, hunger, poverty, diseases, and in the long run, enslavement. I do think slave reperations should be paid, but I dunno who they'd pay it too though. Most prominent figures in the NAACP are extremist racist nazi's like Al Sharpton or Farrakhan, and it would be like shooting them in the foot if we gave the reperation payments directly to the people, they wouldn't use it responsibly to help their cause (not because theyr black, but because theyr human), they'd likely use the money on themselves instead of their communities, or their schools, or whatever.

Note dude, my best friend is black. My next best friend around here is Puerto Rican. I'm not racist, but being open to other cultures doesn't mean i have to kiss their ass because theyr a minority either. I can respect their culture without being a total b***h.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 8:11 pm

headphase wrote:
snake321 wrote:
headphase wrote:
snake321 wrote:
headphase wrote:
All I see is a strawman.

Quote:

How is this not true?

Quote:

You should not be taking the bullet, just be aware the some of the blacks are where they are because of oppression. I don't believe that blacks should have more leeway than whites for racism, but we don't fear it as much because their hatred has not caused as much damage on our country's society as ours.

Tell that to someone who'se lost a family member because of the simple fact that their skin was white. Yes, it does happen, if you've lived in the ghetto this wouldn't be too hard to see.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 8:15 pm

it's the attitude that's the problem. There are undoubtedly areas that are pre-dominantly black where a white guy would never find work, or security. Especially in some places in Africa. My mom is the only white person at her job, she always has to take everyone's abuse, because she's white. Her boss and all her co-workers are black so she's always getting singled out.
It's not a black thing, or a white thing, it's a human thing. People are genetically programmed to be ignorant, it's just a matter of to what extent, and how far the person is willing to go to rise over this sort of negativity.

amerikasend
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Feb 2007, 8:17 pm

Is the poster another black man whining about the white man nonsense? Is the poster collecting welfare checks and then spending that money on crack? Or is he collecting welfare for his poor black self cause the white man is keeping him down?

I can see why white people look down on blacks. I mean look at them, a lot of them are just running around selling drugs, raping women, killing people, smoking crack, and collecting a welfare check. Then they complain that it's the white mans fault for the way they act. Like they have no say in the matter. They just blame the white man because they don't wanna have to look at themselves for the way they act.

I have met blacks from the bad part of the ghetto that realized getting an education is better than thinking that they are going to become a rapper. They understood that they are the ones that make their own choices. They chose not to rape women and smoke crack and they have done good for themselves, but the blacks that b***h and complain call them uncle tom's.

Last edited by amerikasend on 13 Feb 2007, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 8:21 pm

As a matter of fact that's one of the main things my black and puerto rican friends around here like about me, is that I'm respectful to them, not as a "black guy" or a "brown guy" but as equal human beings reguardless, yet at the same time I'm not submissive either. They actually like that I'm not pc and that I speak my mind. I kinda know what it's like to be a minority because of AS, so I have a good idea of things that are acceptable for me to say or not.

headphase
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 8:26 pm

snake321 wrote:
About slavery, it was wrong, however, I am not wrong because I never advocated slavery, I merely wasn't born in the time period to be able to do anything about it. But, blacks kept blacks as slaves in Africa long before the white man came along, and blacks SOLD other blacks to white slave owners, out of Africa. In fact, blacks still enslave blacks in Africa to this day. I do not support it at all, but it happens. As evil and vile as slavery and racism are, you'd also have to ask where they would be had we not brought them to America? Atleast some "evil white devils" gave them a chance to be free. Once again I'm not defending what they had to go through when they were brought here, that was horrible. But we did in the long run bring many of them out of war, hunger, poverty, diseases, and in the long run, enslavement. I do think slave reperations should be paid, but I dunno who they'd pay it too though. Most prominent figures in the NAACP are extremist racist nazi's like Al Sharpton or Farrakhan, and it would be like shooting them in the foot if we gave the reperation payments directly to the people, they wouldn't use it responsibly to help their cause (not because theyr black, but because theyr human), they'd likely use the money on themselves instead of their communities, or their schools, or whatever.

Note dude, my best friend is black. My next best friend around here is Puerto Rican. I'm not racist, but being open to other cultures doesn't mean i have to kiss their ass because theyr a minority either. I can respect their culture without being a total b***h.

Does it matter what blacks did in Africa and what their situation was when they lived there? This is an American issue about black Americans. They were treated wrongly as AMERICANS.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 8:28 pm

Dude, blacks are getting better jobs now days, the new "n****r" (using the term metaphorically) are the arabs. Now, blacks do still have racist cops to contend with, and I find is repulsive that the higher-ups in the PDs don't do more to punish racist white cops who beat down innocent black people, like what happened here recently at Applebee's in my area. As far as job markets go though, the main thing holding them down is BET telling them that theyr only good to be basketball players, dope dealers, or rap stars. Because then a black man becomes lets say a banker, lawyer, accountant, security consultant, etc., and his people back home are telling him that he "sold out" because he did something positive with his life. This exemplifies some blacks being taught to be racist against themselves without even knowing it consciously.
Black people should boycott BET, a station ran by a wealthy WHITE buearocrat to control black American society. If theyr buying into the overall BET message, then theyr still shackled from the chains of slavery and they don't even recognize it. A black man can do anything a white man can do.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 8:30 pm

headphase wrote:
snake321 wrote:

Does it matter what blacks did in Africa and what their situation was when they lived there? This is an American issue about black Americans. They were treated wrongly as AMERICANS.

As I stated, I don't deny that americans treated them badly, and I won't condone what they were forced to go through. But they'd be worse off today had they not been brought to America, they might still be slaves, or dying of hunger, disease, war, and number of things. Slavery still goes on out there, plus all the other issues I just listed. Atleast here they had a chance to become free and equal. Once again, I'm not supporting what my ancestors put them through though.

headphase
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 8:33 pm

I'd be the first to agree that BET is horrible misrepresentation of blacks and promotes stereotypes that are counterproductive. As far as I'm concerned, BET is as representative to blacks as the 700 Club is to Christians.