Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

moomin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Apr 2006, 5:18 pm

anybody else like me, and have no interest in religion what so ever? i never think about it, either way- whether there is a god or not!

sc
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2006, 5:56 pm

God exists in other peoples minds, that's all I can determin.

Emettman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2006, 6:47 pm

moomin wrote:
anybody else like me, and have no interest in religion what so ever? i never think about it, either way- whether there is a god or not!

I'm not intuitively religious, but...

If you get into philosophy at all, religion will creep in, if only to note it as "something that some people have believed"
And if enough people believe it firmly enough, it's not religion any more, it's politics or war!

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2006, 6:57 pm

I wouldn't care at all if people, films, journalism, the media, etc. didn't keep forcing the idea of God down my throat.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2006, 8:11 pm

Veresae wrote:
I wouldn't care at all if people, films, journalism, the media, etc. didn't keep forcing the idea of God down my throat.

I probaly wouldn't think about it much if theis wasn't the case but it creeps into everything and it's something I would like to avoid be shoved down my throat too . I will go to great lenghts to keep it from happening . :evil:

sc
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2006, 8:18 pm

Ultimately the perfect understanding of God in concept is what is good, I think.

Thagomizer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2006, 9:17 pm

moomin wrote:
How convenient that you don't contemplate such issues.

Bart21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2006, 3:52 am

I feel the same.
Regiligion never has interested me one bit.
I rather keep myself busy with things you actually know excist 100% sure.
In the end you wil never really know if there is a god.

moomin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Apr 2006, 4:39 am

Thagomizer wrote:
moomin wrote:
How convenient that you don't contemplate such issues.

yes, it is very convenient!
except when you first learn that other people find God important and when you express your view, they tell you that 'YOU WILL BURN IN HELL!'. Which is silly to say, really because;
a) i don't believe in heaven and hell and
b) it's their God who is meant to do the juding- not them, so they are saying something they're not meant to.

Thagomizer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 11:12 pm

moomin wrote:
yes, it is very convenient!
I was being sarcastic.

Regardless of what you believe, to have no interest in religion whatsoever is to have no interest in what it means to be human. Think about everything that ties in with, or was profoundly influenced by religion: culture, history, politics, literature, art, philosophy, ethics, science, and spirituality. It's that inescapable.

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 8:43 am

Veresae wrote:

They're not forcing you but you got admit that God does exist. If he didn't exist where would the order in things be?

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 9:14 am

Veresae wrote:

They're not forcing you but you got admit that God does exist. If he didn't exist where would the order in things be?

parts
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 8:10 pm

TigerFire wrote:
Veresae wrote:

The order of things would be just as they are

ed
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2006, 8:36 am

You are talking two different issues here: are you interested in God, and are you interested in religion.

I don't concern myself with the existence of God. I see no proof either way, and frankly consider it an unimportant issue.

On the other hand, I'm very interested in religions, especially the harm they have caused (and are causing) to the human species and to the planet itself.

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2006, 8:52 am

Are you talking to me? I just wonder what do you think? About this whole issue? God is much more important than religion.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2006, 9:17 am

ed wrote:
You are talking two different issues here: are you interested in God, and are you interested in religion.

I don't concern myself with the existence of God. I see no proof either way, and frankly consider it an unimportant issue.

On the other hand, I'm very interested in religions, especially the harm they have caused (and are causing) to the human species and to the planet itself.

I agree with you but the existance or non of God is a good debate :)
As for Religion they have caused and are causing harm as we speak but some actually help those are the ones I like help with no strings attached no pushy I'm better than you stuff. Its not that I am religous I just like helping people when I can and when it's offered like I said I consder good.