Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ed
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2006, 9:59 am

TigerFire wrote:
Are you talking to me? I just wonder what do you think? About this whole issue? God is much more important than religion.

Actually, that was a collective "you", meaning the whole topic. Moomin named the thread "lack of opinion on religion", and then started talking about a lack of opinion on God. I was just pointing out that "religion" and "God" are not the same thing.

Religion has had a much greater impact on my life than any God.

But as for "God", like I say, I don't consider the topic important enough to waste time on. Which means that I agree 100% with moomin (but wish she had named the topic "lack of opinion on God") :lol:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
check out my website, http://scoogy.com

Why isn't "signatures" working?

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2006, 12:14 pm

i am non-religious, in that i do not ascribe to any specific religous belief, however i do find religion in itself a very interesting topic, meaning religion in general rather than just christianity. in particular religions such as buddhism, taoism (if you would define those as religions) hinduism, jainism, gnosticism, islam, sikhism, etc. i think they can offer profound insights into the nature of life and human existence.

Odda
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Location: Caught in the depths, and infinite vastness of cyberspace.

13 Apr 2006, 11:35 pm

I'm a Christian, and I believe that their is a difference between 'religion' and 'faith'. I think Religion is just something that you feel you have to do, a routine, things that may even include things God did not say we had to do (one of the reasons why I went non-denomanational). Faith however, is expressing your believe in God through your actions, and following his teachings. I don't wanna sing in church for thirty minutes, involve God with politics, or be told that if I keep doing something I'm gonna go to hell. Where ALL sinners that do something to makes us deserve to go hell every day! Don't take things outta God's hands. That's religion.

jellynail
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 May 2006, 12:15 pm

I think about this sorta stuff all the time. I also think the odds that any of the world's religions even come close to describing what's really going on must be infinitesmal. But I can't figure out what makes someone who doesn't believe in an afterlife ever get out of bed in the morning. As for God--well, something's gotta be the ultimate power in the universe, dunnit?

http://jellynail.vox.com/