Veteran

17 May 2010, 3:00 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD227bUv4c8[/youtube]

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 May 2010, 4:09 am

My mom visited Arizona just the other week actually. It was planned before the new law but she's sorta dark looking so everyone got their "bring your passport" crack in before she left.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2010, 4:42 am

my older brother lives in arizona, and is in sync with the prevailing vibe there. i am not. they are entitled to manage their state political affairs as they see fit, but that doesn't mean i am going to like it or be happy endorsing it with my meager tourist dollars. aside from this, i'd be more willing to visit if it weren't so hot in the lowlands, and my brother tells me that the goatheads are quite nasty on insubstantial footwear. maybe a good time for visiting would be in the wintertime when the temperature finally drops down to bearable for this heat-stroked aspie as well as others similarly heat-challenged.
there is a very neat [but expensive] pizza place in mesa, called "Organ Stop Pizza" with the world's largest Wurlitzer Theatrical Pipe Organ installation, it is quite a site and sound, from what i've read and seen on YouTube. also, there is an astronomer's bed and breakfast in benson that has several professional-grade telescopes [including a 16" reflector- wow!] that are open for the use of those staying overnight, with guidance from professional astronomers. if i were to visit, those 2 places would be at the top of the itinerary.

Worldtraveler
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2010, 3:23 pm

Guess what.

EVERY OTHER nation on the planet requires foreigners to legally enter and to carry passport and/or visa.

As a person who has been stopped and checked as a foreigner, it is no big deal.

And why do you support foreign criminals in USA? What will you say to all the victims?

Victims of foreign criminals in USA.
http://www.immigrationshumancost.org/index.html

Mexico immigration laws - draconian compared to USA on any subject
http://mysorebutt.com/immigration-law.php

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 May 2010, 3:29 pm

Worldtraveler wrote:
Guess what.

EVERY OTHER nation on the planet requires foreigners to legally enter and to carry passport and/or visa.

And why do you support foreign criminals in USA? What will you say to all the victims?

Victims of foreign criminals in USA.
http://www.immigrationshumancost.org/index.html

I think you're not seeing the distinctions between. Not everyone who enters the U.S. engages in criminal behavior, but everyone who enters without paperwork is illegal. Do you see the difference? I think saying that anyone who enters this country illegally will automatically engage in criminal activities is foolhardy and disingenuous to the truth. But I definitely agree that every country on this planet requires foreigners to carry some form of paperwork in the form of a passport and/or a visa.

The former things have passed away."

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2010, 4:39 pm

I went to Mexico via Arizona once years ago; on the way back, my brother (blond) and I got pulled aside at the border so that I (black hair) could be interviewed by a border agent. He looked skeptically at my Oregon license, asked me about school, asked me about landmarks in Oregon, etc.

If that was what it was like 15 years ago, I can only imagine what would happen to me now. I'd probably end up in a holding cell until they shipped me over the border.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2010, 6:06 pm

LKL wrote:
I went to Mexico via Arizona once years ago; on the way back, my brother (blond) and I got pulled aside at the border so that I (black hair) could be interviewed by a border agent. He looked skeptically at my Oregon license, asked me about school, asked me about landmarks in Oregon, etc.

If that was what it was like 15 years ago, I can only imagine what would happen to me now. I'd probably end up in a holding cell until they shipped me over the border.

I have a friend who grew up here in my home state of Washington, but spent most of his adult life in Arizona. Since he's moved back, I've been astonished and dismayed by his flagrant racism. Since watching political developments in Arizona, not least of all the "papers please" law, I'm beginning to understand what happened to him during those years he lived there. The crap you experienced just because of the color of your hair would not have been possible, I think, without the consent of the state's people.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Worldtraveler
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2010, 7:31 pm

" think you're not seeing the distinctions between. Not everyone who enters the U.S. engages in criminal behavior, but everyone who enters without paperwork is illegal. Do you see the difference? I think saying that anyone who enters this country illegally will automatically engage in criminal activities is foolhardy and disingenuous to the truth. But I definitely agree that every country on this planet requires foreigners to carry some form of paperwork in the form of a passport and/or a visa."

Kxmode

There is NO distinction. They are walking felonys for being in USA. The crime is BEING IN USA.
The first criminal behavior is stepping foot into USA. Walking around and staying IS MORE criminal behavior.

What dont you understand?

Also look up Sec 8 USC 1325

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2010, 9:38 pm

Worldtraveler wrote:
Guess what.

Native-born citizens who happen to be the wrong ethnicity and be stopped and arrested if they don't carry their birth certificate around with them. Do you typically walk around with your birth certificate? No, of course not, no one does. For people like me, it doesn't matter; I'm white. But Hispanics (even natural-born citizens and fully legalized immigrants) are singled out for extra scrutiny. That is why people object to this law.

Quote:

We're not Mexico, and if you're suggesting we model our policy off of Mexico's then I question your judgment.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 May 2010, 2:39 am

Worldtraveler wrote:
There is NO distinction. They are walking felonys for being in USA. The crime is BEING IN USA. The first criminal behavior is stepping foot into USA. Walking around and staying IS MORE criminal behavior.

That's a little too much hard right for my tastes, but I understand your point.

The former things have passed away."

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2010, 9:24 pm

Bah. If other people want to come into this country, illegally or otherwise, why should it concern me?

The Pilgrims never had a passport or visa.

Did they do anything wrong?