Boycott CA and all those that boycott US laws and interests

Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Worldtraveler
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 May 2010, 2:56 pm

Since CA in boycotting AZ it is time to strike back!

Let's boycott everything from California. Its pistachios, oranges, prunes, avocados, wine, olives, tourist destinations, and its roadways, cruise lines and ports.

Everytime you go to the grocery store, you can help AZ and enforcing US immigration and labor laws!

If you buy something online, make sure it is not connected to CA!

Also

Send the president of CA chamber of commerce a message and boycott ALL CA PRODUCTS!

Allan Zaremberg, President and Chief Executive Officer

http://www.calchamber.com/AboutUs/Pages ... eTeam.aspx

Last edited by Worldtraveler on 13 May 2010, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 May 2010, 3:35 pm

Yes, use Wisconsin dairy products, excellent.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 3:53 pm

I don't know, I love their avocado and pistachios.

What to do what to do.... :(

Michael_Stuart
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 4:03 pm

Attempting to boycott each other is silly. Rather, create a petition or write to the people involved. Not only do you save yourself a lot of trouble, it's more likely to have an effect.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 5:16 pm

"Let's boycott every product or service that has ever been created with undocumented labour."

All well and good--except that the economies of most urban centres--including Phoenix, incidentally, would crash.

Supposing that the US were actually in some kind of position to count its undocumented population, we would likely be looking at a population in the range of 11,000,000 people. (US government estimates in 2008 were in the 11.6 range: http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/stat ... e_2008.pdf) The actual number could, in fact, be as high as 20m. How much money do 11m people spend each year on food, clothing and housing alone?

The median household income for undocumented aliens is in the range of $36,000, and household size is in the vicinity of 2.3. By these assumptions, 11m people generate 172 billion in economic activity. Given the overwhelming concentration of undocumented aliens in urban settings, that implies enormous impacts on the cities where they live.

Even assuming that only 50 percent of this income is reported, the fiscal implications to all levels of government from losing this tax revenue are enormous.

As with all economic activity, the loss of activity is not a zero-sum gain. When 11 million consumers are taken out of the marketplace, their consumption is not replaced by the 300 million consumers who remain. The most immediate impact would likely be a 2-3% contraction in retail spending, which would be nothing short of disastrous. If retailers lost 2-3% of revenue, then the job losses resulting would have further, spinoff effects within the legally documented workforce.

Be careful what you wish for, folks.

Negolin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 May 2010, 5:19 pm

im down for that boycott

aloneinacrowd
Raven
Raven

13 May 2010, 7:48 pm

Hey I live in California and most of us are not boycotting anything. That's a SFO LA thing and probably not most of them either. I believe in State rights. Az has to deal with the drug lord problems down there it's up to them to decide how to do it. The Feds have had long enough.

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 8:10 pm

Kind of hard to boycott Arizona, what do they produce besides dirt and dust.
Anyone who supports that state is a complete lunatic :roll:

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 8:20 pm

I can't boycott stuff grown in California because it tastes pretty good compared to other places. I ate some locally grown peaches and they made me sick! I am sticking with the stuff grown in California, tyvm!

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 9:33 pm

I happen to live in California, but most of us aren't boycotting anything as we also think something needs to be done about illegal immigration.

budgenator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 May 2010, 10:18 pm

visagrunt wrote:
Even assuming that only 50 percent of this income is reported, the fiscal implications to all levels of government from losing this tax revenue are enormous.

I read on the internet in Robert X. Cringely's blog that there are 17 million adults of unproved nationality who have ongoing financial relationships with businesses or — believe it or not — governments. and that some individual Social Security numbers are in use right now by UP TO 3,000 PEOPLE; that has to be a serious amount of taxes withheld for which little or no services will be rendered!

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 May 2010, 12:45 am

Worldtraveler wrote:

Let's boycott everything from California. Its pistachios, oranges, prunes, avocados, wine, olives, tourist destinations, and its roadways, cruise lines and ports.

Everytime you go to the grocery store, you can help AZ and enforcing US immigration and labor laws!

If you buy something online, make sure it is not connected to CA!

Also

Send the president of CA chamber of commerce a message and boycott ALL CA PRODUCTS!

Allan Zaremberg, President and Chief Executive Officer

http://www.calchamber.com/AboutUs/Pages ... eTeam.aspx

Yes! Wait... I live in California. How exactly do I boycott if I live here? :?

The former things have passed away."

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 1:17 am

Now I know to make sure to buy as much junk from California as possible.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 5:20 am

You had me until you brought up pistachios. I'm sorry, but pistachios??? No... It's against my religion to boycott pistachios, so forget it. ;) How about everything else? My wife drinks California white zinfandel, so telling her she's going to have to switch from good, cheap wine to Yankee water isn't going to go over well.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 6:34 am

Worldtraveler wrote:

Sorry for not living in the Us, or not watching enough CNN, or even having a TV, but what is behind this dispute?

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 9:39 am

Ichinin wrote:
Worldtraveler wrote:

Sorry for not living in the Us, or not watching enough CNN, or even having a TV, but what is behind this dispute?

Arizona recently passed a law that requires the state's police officers to check for proof of legal residency if they have reasonable cause to believe that someone they've legally detained or pulled over is in the country illegally. Some people think this means that every police officer must check every Hispanic person they see for proof of citizenship, so they're boycotting the state.

As for boycotting the entire state of California, I think that's too extreme. But I am in favor of boycotting all the businesses that are participating in the boycott of Arizona products, whether Californian or not.