Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

forresthouse
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Location: A place where I don't usually speak English (sorry for the mistakes)

28 Jun 2010, 12:41 pm

Sometime, I feel lot of frustration toward some people for many reasons
that all concern the way they think.

Lot of people do not take time to think by evaluating and finding a reasonable way, they think with their emotions without correctly considering the outcome of their actions. They often omit to consider the possibility that they could be wrong.

Lot of people do not want to find the truth, they want to be right, they want to impose their ideas even though it could be wrong... or is it that they neglect the possibility to be wrong or they feel it's wrong but they can't admit it, even to themselves.

Most of humans manipulate the reality to make themselves look better. They lie to themself to feel better. Because of this, those who are honest aren't believed as we assume they are making themself appearing better.

Lot of people (not everyone) do not look for a ways for everyone around to be happy. They look like they do but they actually think for themselves. Lot of powerful people mostly have in mind their personal interrest, they contantly look for more profits and they won't hesitate to cause trouble to those who get in their ways.

Lot of people always want more. Their needs is infinite as they don't understand the more they feed those needs the bigger they get, so they continuously look for more and they can't learn that as close as satisfaction might seem they'll never reach it, and they keep consumming.

I MUST be wrong, otherwise how would I be the only one who think that way? Or perhaps I'm right and all the others are wrong... That'd be unlikely...but maybe...

People aren't all bad but I keep thinking if they were to lose a bit of their overconfidence, a bit of their egoism and if they instead became more thoughful and more honest, would all the world be better?

If you disagree with some points, say it, I absolutely don't mind. It don't want to be the right anwser's owner, I want to find the truth.
(If some people are offended, let me know as well)

Forgive my mistakes, english isn't my language

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 6:21 am

forresthouse wrote:
Sometime, I feel lot of frustration toward some people for many reasons
that all concern the way they think.

It dictates how they act,
forresthouse wrote:
Lot of people do not take time to think by evaluating and finding a reasonable way, they think with their emotions without correctly considering the outcome of their actions. They often omit to consider the possibility that they could be wrong.
This is planning and forethought. They are learned skills, skills in the sense they can be trained, and be better or worse. But they usually aren't consciously worked on, a satisfactory (to the individual) level is found, and learning ends there.
forresthouse wrote:
Lot of people do not want to find the truth, they want to be right, they want to impose their ideas even though it could be wrong... or is it that they neglect the possibility to be wrong or they feel it's wrong but they can't admit it, even to themselves.
People do what stimultes them, what gives them satisfation for what they consider the right amount of effort, physically or mentally. Mentally this can range from the strict scientist who sacrifices everything to attain some specific truth, to the lazy youtuber spouting obceneties when less than satisfied with a video though free association of ideas in their head before watching the next, at the other end of the scale.
forresthouse wrote:
Most of humans manipulate the reality to make themselves look better. They lie to themself to feel better. Because of this, those who are honest aren't believed as we assume they are making themself appearing better.

Truly being geniune is something which is only really seen by those that can discern it (which isn't everyone), and even then it takes time.
Given this devaluation, it pays to be ruthless and fake, and go for material gain or popularity.
forresthouse wrote:
Lot of people (not everyone) do not look for a ways for everyone around to be happy. They look like they do but they actually think for themselves. Lot of powerful people mostly have in mind their personal interrest, they contantly look for more profits and they won't hesitate to cause trouble to those who get in their ways.
increasing transparency in business and politics may help this situation, making people actually accountable, instead of having to stay somewhere near the rule of law in case someone gets a powerful lawsuit.
forresthouse wrote:
Lot of people always want more. Their needs is infinite as they don't understand the more they feed those needs the bigger they get, so they continuously look for more and they can't learn that as close as satisfaction might seem they'll never reach it, and they keep consumming.
Although this consuming is what holds the first world togther. It's having a small, token part of it's wastefulness dealt with by the green movement. but the pattern of society will remain the same.

Or more succinctly,
Of most people:
People are stupid,
People don't think,
People don't learn,
People are fake,
People are self absorbed,
People are greedy!

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 6:35 am

Asmodeus wrote:
Although this consuming is what holds the first world togther. It's having a small, token part of it's wastefulness dealt with by the green movement. but the pattern of society will remain the same.

Or more succinctly,
Of most people:
People are stupid,
People don't think,
People don't learn,
People are fake,
People are greedy!
[/quote]

Since none of these things are true abo0ut me (except being self absorbed [I live for my own sake]) I guess I am not People.

ruveyn

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 11:27 pm

By definition half the population are below average IQ.

Those on the right side of the curve are not necessarily logical or nice or good hearted.

I have known people with Phd's who are dumb as a box of rocks on many subjects outside their specialty

It never ceases to amaze me how such a bunch of screw-ups can build jumbo jets that actually flies and coordinate world traffic but many of the individuals involved can be totally stupid.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 11:47 pm

forresthouse wrote:

forresthouse, that is an accurate description of people, this is how people are.

Asmodeus wrote:
People are stupid,
People don't think,
People don't learn,
People are fake,
People are greedy!
People are born!

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 11:58 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Since none of these things are true abo0ut me (except being self absorbed [I live for my own sake]) I guess I am not People.

Yes, you are, just as the rest of us. People are people and people are people.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 5:46 am

Wombat wrote:
By definition half the population are below average IQ.

Those on the right side of the curve are not necessarily logical or nice or good hearted.

I have known people with Phd's who are dumb as a box of rocks on many subjects outside their specialty

It never ceases to amaze me how such a bunch of screw-ups can build jumbo jets that actually flies and coordinate world traffic but many of the individuals involved can be totally stupid.

Anyone who can design an airplane is not totally stupid. Someone with that talent can be partly stupid, though. However wise and clever we may be, we no doubt have blind spots in our thinking.

ruveyn

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 4:24 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Asmodeus wrote:

Or more succinctly,
Of most people:
People are stupid,
People don't think,
People don't learn,
People are fake,
People are greedy!

ruveyn

"Of most people:"
Although each line is itself supposed to be a vague summary of each paragraph in the OP, see? :)

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 3:41 am

[quote="ruveyn"
Anyone who can design an airplane is not totally stupid. Someone with that talent can be partly stupid, though. However wise and clever we may be, we no doubt have blind spots in our thinking.
ruveyn[/quote]

Yes a rocket scientist must be smart but they could be a Scientologist, or fall for a Nigerian scam, or marry the wrong person.

I have personally known Phd's who couldn't change a tap washer or read a map.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2010, 2:22 pm

I used to think that it was NTs that I was angry at. It turns out that it was people with problems, who put down other people who have problems, that I was angry at, all along.

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 2:52 pm

I acknowledge the reality of human nature and work around it.