One World Religion Will Solve All The World's Problems

Page 2 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 11:19 am

One religion wouldn't solve anything because everyone's needs are different.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 11:27 am

The Catholics already tried a centuries-long experiment as a one-world religion.

The experiment FAILED.

Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 11:48 am

That sounds like the Bahai faith :) . They advocate a world theocracy for all the religious but exclude all Atheists :lol:

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 1:04 pm

Assuming this is serious, the creators of this need to check out European history. Thousands of years of one religion, one skin color, and cultures so similar you'd be hard-pressed to slide a piece of paper in between - and thousands of years of finding other excuses to kill one another...

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 1:11 pm

DeaconBlues wrote:
Assuming this is serious, the creators of this need to check out European history. Thousands of years of one religion, one skin color, and cultures so similar you'd be hard-pressed to slide a piece of paper in between - and thousands of years of finding other excuses to kill one another...

For real, it's not a think tank but a thunk tank. :nerdy:

Cuterebra
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jun 2010, 1:46 pm

Good idea in theory, but somehow I'm guessing a think tank isn't exactly what people were hoping for in the second coming...

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 2:12 pm

I smell bad satire!

decoder
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jun 2010, 2:39 pm

Dont forget to combine them with atheism which is like the factor zero in multiplication.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

05 Jun 2010, 2:59 pm

dude just stop. everyone should be able tp practice any belief system, including those with non beliefs.

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 4:07 pm

Or someone should start a worldwide campaign to teach people reason instead of religious dogma...

ohnowait that already happened.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 4:14 pm

ruveyn wrote:
mjs82 wrote:
Was reading on McCuthrie's thinktank webpage today that if there was only one religion then there would be no conflict in the world, so their plan is the following:

They want to combine Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Shinto, Buddhism, Confuscism, Atheism, Hinduism, Mormonism, Scientology, Paganism and Judaism into one religion. Jesus would be god, Mohammed would be his son, Moses would be his grandfather and the other guys would all be like their disciples so then there'd be no trouble in the world.

Thoughts?

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

ruveyn

QTF (I knew I'd get a chance to use that some day!)

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 5:04 pm

The problem with this theory is that religion is not the root of the problem, it is merely the mechanism by which the root problem is given voice.

The root problem is tribalism. My people are better than your people because _______.

It matters not whether the, "because," is religious, linguistic, ethnic, racial, national or just plain irrational. It will always be: "me against my brother; me and my brother against our cousin; me and my cousin against the stranger."

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 5:57 pm

mgran wrote:
QTF (I knew I'd get a chance to use that some day!)

Unless you meant to say "QFT" which stands for "Quoted For Truth" I'm unfamiliar with that acronym.

decoder
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jun 2010, 6:14 pm

visagrunt wrote:
The problem with this theory is that religion is not the root of the problem, it is merely the mechanism by which the root problem is given voice.

The root problem is tribalism. My people are better than your people because _______.

It matters not whether the, "because," is religious, linguistic, ethnic, racial, national or just plain irrational. It will always be: "me against my brother; me and my brother against our cousin; me and my cousin against the stranger."

I share your opinion. Religion is just a motivation for people to gang up against each other. Monkeys do it. Humans did and still do it. It s a price of being a social and intelligent animal.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 7:28 pm

mjs82 wrote:
Was reading on McCuthrie's thinktank webpage today that if there was only one religion then there would be no conflict in the world, so their plan is the following:

They want to combine Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Shinto, Buddhism, Confuscism, Atheism, Hinduism, Mormonism, Scientology, Paganism and Judaism into one religion. Jesus would be god, Mohammed would be his son, Moses would be his grandfather and the other guys would all be like their disciples so then there'd be no trouble in the world.

Thoughts?

Do you have a link to the site? My default assumption for something like that is that it must be satire.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 7:41 pm

Orwell wrote:
mjs82 wrote:

Thoughts?

Do you have a link to the site? My default assumption for something like that is that it must be satire.

I think the Think Tank is made up. I tried googling it and this thread is the only relevant result I got.