Pagans, Wiccans, Druids, Heathens, and the Like

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Narwhal
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Jul 2010, 5:35 pm

I'd like to see how many people on WP are one of the above for a personal study. Just post whatever you call yourself, if you please.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2010, 8:29 pm

I really appreciate the aesthetics of wicca, and looked into it in my early college years; unfortunately, I don't find a female deity any more believable than a male one.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2010, 8:33 pm

I consider myself pagan in some respects though I may not literally believe in the magic involved.

Last edited by MissConstrue on 17 Jul 2010, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exclavius
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2010, 8:50 pm

For the most part, I have little problem with the grouping of spiritualities that you've listed. They tend to focus on nature, even if they do have the need to personify that nature, the core of it all doesn't violate reality for the most part other than semantically, the way that the most "Religions" do.

I know more than one person who prescribes to Wicca, so as a result, i've managed to learn a bit about it.
And i can say openly... If a person truly believes that they "NEED" a religion to be happy, Wicca is a good thing to look at, even though in the next breath I'd argue with you as to why you'd need the religion in the first place.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2010, 5:50 am

I agree with many of the ideals of Paganism, but I don't subscribe to it. I don't think one needs religion to find happiness, and I just don't have the initiative to commit myself to any particular religion.

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

18 Jul 2010, 2:44 pm

Pagan here. Very eclectic pagan.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2010, 2:59 pm

Chaote.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson