i think this is a messed up :roll: 84%  84%  [ 27 ]
what are you crazy the bible say no gay 16%  16%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 32

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 2:05 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Truth in advertising has never been America's strong suit.

Actually, it kinda used to be in the laws but was removed during Reagan's tenure.

Prop 8 would have seen heavy restriction under the Fairness Doctrine.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 2:13 pm

skafather84 wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

Actually, it kinda used to be in the laws but was removed during Reagan's tenure.

Yeah, I know. It was in the name of 'freedom of the press', I think.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 2:19 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

Yeah, I know. It was in the name of 'freedom of the press', I think.

Yeah, that free speech was limited by it. What was really meant that free speech of the few controlling interests were limited from outright lying. Fox News couldn't exist if the Fairness Doctrine were still in place.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 3:47 pm

Am I the only one who STILL doesn't know what the OP's position is on same-sex marriage/proposition 8???

Not that it really matters...but I would think someone who starts a poll on a given issue would've clarified their position on the matter by now.

*shrugs*

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 3:48 pm

Horus wrote:
Am I the only one who STILL doesn't know what the OP's position is on same-sex marriage/proposition 8???

Not that it really matters...but I would think someone who starts a poll on a given issue would've clarified their position on the matter by now.

*shrugs*

She seems to be in favor of same sex marriage, but I might have mis-read her responses.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 5:26 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Horus wrote:

*shrugs*

She seems to be in favor of same sex marriage, but I might have mis-read her responses.

I read them the same way you do.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 5:36 pm

Horus wrote:

*shrugs*

sorry the reason I didn't put at first that I disagree with prop 8 was because i made this poll only to stop people form talking about it in my fox thread :wink: and i thought I edit my first post to say it.

MONIQUEIJ is against prop 8[b]

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 5:44 pm

MONIQUEIJ wrote:
Horus wrote:

*shrugs*

sorry the reason I didn't put at first that I disagree with prop 8 was because i made this poll only to stop people form talking about it in my fox thread :wink: and i thought I edit my first post to say it.

Yeah... sorry about the fox thread. That one was my fault... and completely unintentional. 8O

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 5:47 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
MONIQUEIJ wrote:
Horus wrote:

*shrugs*

Yeah... sorry about the fox thread. That one was my fault... and completely unintentional. 8O

it's okay :D

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 8:05 am

speak up people

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 2:28 am

:?

NEWater
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Aug 2010, 8:11 am

I was afraid that there wasn't a single shred of common sense amongst the American legislative and judicial bodies, until this bit of light came on how Prop 8 was overturned (but then again, sigh at denying 9/11 their healthcare by the House).

It also gives me no small sense of irony that a lot of the people who support Prop 8 are women, black, or made worse, black women. Women and blacks were also given this same discrimination and mass popular opinion had to be fought for women's suffrage and racial desegregation. Why are they so happy to support the same sort of discrimination that they once suffered in the past?