I don't care - Show me the results 17%  17%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 89

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 7:31 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Meadow wrote:
I say yes, burn it along with the bible.
yes, i agree. and throw in some other religious texts too.

As much as I disagree with religion you do have to respect other peoples beliefs.

I am fine with people having a religion as long as they DON'T try and force it upon me to think the same and DON'T use it as an excuse to mistreat others.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 7:39 pm

PatrickNeville wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Meadow wrote:

As much as I disagree with religion you do have to respect other peoples beliefs.

I am fine with people having a religion as long as they DON'T try and force it upon me to think the same and DON'T use it as an excuse to mistreat others.
i waver back and forth. i feel like too much damage and killing has been done in the name of too many religions. but i also know religion isn't the problem - people are. i just like to think of world without religion/politics/hate, although i know it isn't ever going to happen.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 7:47 pm

PatrickNeville wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Meadow wrote:

I don't find I have to respect a person's beliefs, but I do try very hard to respect a person in spite of their beliefs.

Last edited by Meadow on 12 Sep 2010, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 8:02 pm

PatrickNeville wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Meadow wrote:

Not at all. I respect other peoples right to believe what they believe. But I do not necessarily respect the beliefs. What about people who believe the earth is flat or who believe it is only 6000 years old? What is there to respect about such ignorance?

People will believe what they believe regardless of how stupid their beliefs are.

ruveyn

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 8:04 pm

PatrickNeville wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Meadow wrote:

I'd just say that its wise for people to be aware of how much they know, how much they don't know, and behave accordingly. People don't necessarily have to, but, the world runs much more smoothly that way.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 8:08 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
PatrickNeville wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Meadow wrote:

I'd just say that its wise for people to be aware of how much they know, how much they don't know, and behave accordingly. People don't necessarily have to, but, the world runs much more smoothly that way.

Good luck with that.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 8:13 pm

Meadow wrote:
PatrickNeville wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Meadow wrote:

I don't find I have to respect a person's beliefs, but I do try very hard to respect a person in spite of their beliefs.

Aye true point like!

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 11:33 am

I am completly against the burnings of the Koran, this is just like the Spanish Inquisition buring Jewish and Muslim books, i am against the burning of any religious book.

Squirrelrat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Sep 2010, 12:06 pm

While I definitely believe that they should be allowed to do it (1st Amendment), I also think that it is a bad idea because too many Muslims seem to think that any criticism of their religion, violent or not, should be punished with violence.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 12:12 pm

Meadow wrote:
PatrickNeville wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Meadow wrote:

I don't bother with either. Why respect stupid beliefs? Why respect the stupid people that hold those beliefs? I don't see a reason to do either. The best I can see is being diplomatic about this, which has nothing to do with respect.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 12:32 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
I don't bother with either. Why respect stupid beliefs? Why respect the stupid people that hold those beliefs? I don't see a reason to do either. The best I can see is being diplomatic about this, which has nothing to do with respect.

And you aren't exactly a paragon of diplomacy either.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 12:33 pm

Orwell wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:

And you aren't exactly a paragon of diplomacy either.

Heck no!

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 6:16 pm

I thought it was idiotic to do such a thing!
1. How would you feel if they were just randomly burning Bibles? How offending...
2. Does this make us Christians (or Americans) look good?
3. AND... Aren't we trying to find peace with the Muslims? We wont by this.

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 8:16 pm

Guitar_Girl wrote:
3. AND... Aren't we trying to find peace with the Muslims? We wont by this.

The actions of some idiots in Florida, Tennessee, Kansas, and New York don't speak for the majority of Christians.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 10:00 pm

I am happy that Dove World Outreach decided not to ever burn the Quran. I think the threat to national security it posed was the epiphany that these people needed.

While I don't think Islam is "of the devil", I think it needs to undergo a significant reformation.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2010, 10:44 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3KCnWdiO1k&feature=related[/youtube]

"Dude you have have no quran"

:D

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson