Total votes : 89

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 7:02 am

Katharsistwo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Katharsistwo wrote:
The burning is an expression of democracy: it shows what the majority of americans thinks about islam.
wrong. less than half of americans feel that way.

Just one example: 70% does not agree with the mosque near ground zero.
Then it is obvious how this 70% thinks about islam, right?
not the same thing.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

10 Sep 2010, 7:28 am

Well now the Pastor has made a rather shrewd move of tying the stopping of his burning with the mosque in New York. Honestly, I'm starting to change my opinion on it. I am not afraid of Muslims being upset and any violence that happens is because of their own doing. They're proving the Pastor's point that this is a violent religion.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 9:15 am

Hanotaux wrote:
He really is too predictable, but then again, who would have expected a black president to have a black agenda? In America, if it doesn't fit the black agenda, then it is 'racist.' When the heck has Obama ever sided on an issue with the faction that has had the larger percentage of white members?.... I'd love to see an example of this.

Any chance that Obama would EVER nominate a straight white male for the US Supreme Court? I'd bet at least 100$ his next nomination will be a black female. Obama adheres so stridently to the whole diversity agenda. His whole plan is to pick 'one from each.' He's a multiculturalist figurehead.

Where do you get this from? Rush Limbaugh?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 10:55 am

Hanotaux wrote:

Any chance that Obama would EVER nominate a straight white male for the US Supreme Court? I'd bet at least 100$ his next nomination will be a black female. Obama adheres so stridently to the whole diversity agenda. His whole plan is to pick 'one from each.' He's a multiculturalist figurehead.

He should go for The Hat Trick. Hire a black female Lesbian who is a paralytic in a wheel chair. That is your basic Three for....

ruveyn

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 11:03 am

MissConstrue wrote:
I wonder what would happen if bibles and torah scrolls were burned. :idea:

Unacceptable, because the english protestant Bible (and the baptist intepretation) is the absolute truth and is also very american, and the Koran is a third world terrorist guidebook.

well, I believe, muslims in some places in the middle east, have burned Bibles by the way, so that already has been done.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 11:11 am

ruveyn wrote:
Hanotaux wrote:

He should go for The Hat Trick. Hire a black female Lesbian who is a paralytic in a wheel chair. That is your basic Three for....

ruveyn

Aww you all bent out of shape because he didn't hire a white male Straight who is a dumb ass in a pickup truck, that your basic three for

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 11:15 am

greenblue wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
I wonder what would happen if bibles and torah scrolls were burned. :idea:

Unacceptable, because the english protestant Bible (and the baptist intepretation) is the absolute truth and is also very american, and the Koran is a third world terrorist guidebook.

well, I believe, muslims in some places in the middle east, have burned Bibles by the way, so that already has been done.
uh, no... all of those are based on faith.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 11:24 am

No, because I believe that you should respect other peoples beliefs and burning a bunch of korans seems like it is aimed against the whole Muslim community. Not the small small minority that are in terrorist organizations.

On the other hand of things people like George Bush should not be giving speechs about how it is gods will to invade Iraq.

Politics and religion SHOULD be two separate issues

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 11:29 am

An Al'Qaeda pilot had just infiltrated US airspace, and was flying over New York. He noticed that a priest below him was burning a book, so he got his binoculars out and saw it was the Qu'ran! He realised that he had to abort his mission immediately.

Back at camp he told the guys what happened, and they all decided they'd better give up terrorism.

And everyone lived happily ever after.

THE END... Not :roll:

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 1:19 pm

In a related story many other Muslims were really offended and decided to plot a massive Priest assassination mission in America

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 1:39 pm

PatrickNeville wrote:
In a related story many other Muslims were really offended and decided to plot a massive Priest assassination mission in America

Ooh, yeah, I totally didn't see it coming. :roll:

I didn't really get all the details, but someone should tell this Terry Jones person that even if the burning was canceled/suspended/whatever, he would be at least partially responsible for future terrorist attacks. That was just dumb on his part, adding fuel to the fire.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 2:08 pm

menintights wrote:
I didn't really get all the details, but someone should tell this Terry Jones person that even if the burning was canceled/suspended/whatever, he would be at least partially responsible for future terrorist attacks. That was just dumb on his part, adding fuel to the fire.

No, he wouldn't. He's a dick, but Muslim terrorists are the people responsible for Muslim terrorist attacks. "He burned a book at me" is not reasonable grounds for murder.

Islam cannot be antagonised. Islam is inherently antagonistic. :evil:

The year is still young.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 2:16 pm

Ambivalence wrote:
menintights wrote:

No, he wouldn't. He's a dick, but Muslim terrorists are the people responsible for Muslim terrorist attacks. "He burned a book at me" is not reasonable grounds for murder.

i'd say the same thing about christianity - it is definitely inherently antagonistic. as i said in other threads, christian terrorists are pretty scary:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 2:47 pm

Ambivalence wrote:
menintights wrote:

Sure, the Muslim terrorists are responsible for what they do. But if they now shift their focus from "destroying the U.S." to "assassinating American priests," you really wouldn't think it has absolutely nothing to do with Terry Jones being a pastor?

I don't understand how some people get all offended by the silliest things but insist that Muslims who aren't involved in the terrorism shouldn't take the Islamophobia personally. Srsly.

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 2:50 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Ambivalence wrote:
menintights wrote:

i'd say the same thing about christianity - it is definitely inherently antagonistic. as i said in other threads, christian terrorists are pretty scary:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

The world would be so much better off if the Christian and Muslim extremists and terrorists would just wander together in a desert with unholy amounts of weaponry - wiping each other out in the process for a more civilized world.

Instead they have to drag the rest of the world into their mess.

As for Mr. Jones the Fla. nutter - can he? Yes. Should he? No.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 3:03 pm

menintights wrote:
Sure, the Muslim terrorists are responsible for what they do. But if they now shift their focus from "destroying the U.S." to "assassinating American priests," you really wouldn't think it has absolutely nothing to do with Terry Jones being a pastor?

I don't understand how some people get all offended by the silliest things but insist that Muslims who aren't involved in the terrorism shouldn't take the Islamophobia personally. Srsly.

the blame should lie squarely on the one who committed the murderous act. or do you support the beliefs that were brought up in some cases where kids who killed others, or even themselves, were influenced by slayer or other forms of "satanic music".

muslims should in turn take culture sensitivity training like they do with immigrants to the netherlands. we are afforded the ability to do things that can and will offend others. it just seems that pissing off and irritating christians is far more acceptable than with muslims.

Quartz11 wrote:
The world would be so much better off if the Christian and Muslim extremists and terrorists would just wander together in a desert with unholy amounts of weaponry - wiping each other out in the process for a more civilized world..

uhm, would you mind throwing in a couple of radical hindu groups in there as well?

anyways, the end result would probably just result in another taliban-like state.