Page 9 of 13 [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

BigK
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Sep 2010, 4:08 pm

Hanotaux wrote:
Do black people study anything anymore besides black studies? Its like their whole agenda nowadays is just majoring in 'being black,.' Its kind of pathetic actually.

I took Computing Science. But I do use a sleek black Dell work station ;)

Hanotaux wrote:
I'd like to see Caucasian studies, Occidental studies, and stuff like that begin to be accepted in academia, but for obvious reasons I doubt you'll see that.

I think they call them history, sociology, psychology e.t.c.

Hanotaux wrote:
Pretty much every black-majority city or area in the USA is a MarionBerryesque festering hole. Amazingly, its all uniformly crappy. You'd think that somewhere, somehow, there'd be a functional black neighborhood, even here, or in the 3rd world.

It is difficult to improve inner city areas. As people start doing well for themselves they tend to move out. So the area never really benefits from improved education, wealth etc.

But also a lot of those people don't want to spend any money there. They send as much as they possibly can back to the 'old country' so that their family are looked after and they'll have a nice house and property business to retire to. ;)

Hanotaux wrote:
Pretty much every sub-saharan black country is crap........ you'd think that at least ONE of these would even poke its head into the 2nd world at least, but no. They are all in an endless mess of petty tribal warfare and other nonsense. 1 billion dollars of taxpayer $$$ to 'rebuild Haiti,' (lol)

It is pretty tough going when most of those countries are artificial countries created by the colonial powers. They drew a lot of straight lines on the map pushing together people who would never have naturally formed a nation.

Pretty much the same as Yugoslavia. That didn't turn out too well once the old dictators lost their grip on power.

"How can it not know what it is?"

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 6:55 pm

Hanotaux wrote:
Personal experience and years of living in heavily minoritied areas, etc.

Anecdotal experience, I pressume you should know what that means in the PPR forum.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 6:58 pm

greenblue wrote:
Hanotaux wrote:

Anecdotal experience, I pressume you should know what that means in the PPR forum.

The same thing as "Argumentum ad Hitlerum"? Except instead of Godwin's Law, it's rather PP's Law?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 7:05 pm

BigK wrote:
Hanotaux wrote:
Do black people study anything anymore besides black studies? Its like their whole agenda nowadays is just majoring in 'being black,.' Its kind of pathetic actually.

I took Computing Science. But I do use a sleek black Dell work station ;)

My gaming computer is black too, but the brand label is HP and not Dell, :P Why does it even matter though whether a computer's case is black, white, transparent, yellow, green, indigo, red, orange, purple, violet, blue, aquamarine or any other place upon a spectrum of reflected and absorbed light? It has no impact on its operation (well, unless you were to be using a computer in direct sunlight, in which circumstance the black cased computer would absorb the most possible radiative heat, but in indoor conditions with proper air conditioning it wouldn't matter.)

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 7:22 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
greenblue wrote:
Hanotaux wrote:

The same thing as "Argumentum ad Hitlerum"? Except instead of Godwin's Law, it's rather PP's Law?

Racism is absolutely relevant to the issue at hand, given that it is clearly evident that Hanotaux's position discussed in this thread is a racist position, so your claim of Godwin's Law or "PP's Law" doesn't really apply here.

In any case, that wouldn't invalidate what I said or justify his position, the forming of a perspective based on anecdotal experiences is unreliable, and given this case and in the discussion in the PPR forum, it will not be accepted as a valid justification and it will be seen as meaningless.

Last edited by greenblue on 29 Sep 2010, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 7:24 pm

greenblue wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
greenblue wrote:
Hanotaux wrote:

Racism is absolutely relevant to the issue at hand, given that it is clearly evident that Hanotaux's position discussed in this thread is a racist position, so your claim of Godwin's Law or "PP's Law" doesn't really apply here.

How the heck did you get here from there?

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 7:28 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
greenblue wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
greenblue wrote:
Hanotaux wrote:

Aren't you suggesting that people appeal to Godwin's Law against Hanotaux?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 7:31 pm

greenblue wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
greenblue wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
greenblue wrote:
Hanotaux wrote:

Aren't you suggesting that people appeal to Godwin's Law against Hanotaux?

Huh? No, I was trying to come up with a name for the PPR subforum's rejection of personal experience as evidence.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 8:12 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Huh? No, I was trying to come up with a name for the PPR subforum's rejection of personal experience as evidence.

well, I thought that by "PP's Law" you may have meant Godwin's Law = PPR's law or something like that, given discussions related to racism and that I don't know what you mean by PP's exactly.

Just name the PPR forum as the PPR forum.
One of PPR's directives:
Evidence Please: No personal experience please, no conspiracy theories please, empirical and verifiable evidence should only be recognized.

Hanotaux
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Sep 2010, 8:29 pm

Quote:
It is pretty tough going when most of those countries are artificial countries created by the colonial powers. They drew a lot of straight lines on the map pushing together people who would never have naturally formed a nation.

Pretty much the same as Yugoslavia. That didn't turn out too well once the old dictators lost their grip on power.

You have a point, although you'd think even by some miracle, even just 1 sub-saharan country, or a country like Haiti would be making some kind of progress towards the 2nd world and not stuck in their own Groundhog Day.

Besides, the former Warsaw Pact countries like Poland are actually rapidly becoming first world with little or no fanfare and fuss, and joining the EU and all of that. They are even attracting loads of Nigerian immigrants(the hallmark of a first-world nation.) Eastern Europe has made huge strides from where it was in 1990.

Quote:
It is difficult to improve inner city areas. As people start doing well for themselves they tend to move out. So the area never really benefits from improved education, wealth etc.

That is a good point for sure. I can't say I blame the few blacks such as yourself who seem to be steps up from their cultural least common denominator, and who transcend.

Quote:
I think they call them history, sociology, psychology e.t.c

Most of the contemporary textbooks now feature 'diversity history,' in which every Union Regiment's black cook gets his own page on how he won the Civil War.

My AP Euro History textbook in HS had a topic(I'm not making this up,)...... 'The role of blacks in 13th century Europe.' Its definitely overboard PC and regular patterned overtures to all women and minority groups gone too far and a disproportionate representation of actual events.

Quote:

Uh yeah...........

I've really never seen anything else offered up in response besides a (liberal's) own positive experience with diversity, which is just as anecdotal.

Generally, I always see responses like, "I live with all of these black people, I live in a diverse neighborhood, work with minorities, etc, etc." How is this any less anecdotal?....... It just merely conforms to the multiculturalist paradigm and is thus unchallenged.

Quote:
Boston has a majority of black people, yet it's not a "festering hole." How do you explain that?

What about the black majority hoods of Boston?

Quote:
How do you explain that? And how do you explain all of the great accomplishments made by black people, if all black people are as primitive as you seem to think they are? In fact, here's a list of some accomplishments that black people have made throughout history:

yeah, I get it, mandatory Black History month. I know, I was there for the presentation. They went through great lengths to make sure we got this info.

The grab bag of black inventions is miniscule compared to the total Caucasian output, and most of those black inventions are founded on the base technology invented by whites.

i'm sure your teachers gave you two gold stars for properly digesting all of the black inventions and reporting back to them. Your liberal professors did quite a job on you, and they would be very proud reading this thread.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 8:39 pm

I don't mind "Caucasian studies" but in general, European history is very strongly emphasized in the mainstream. PC forces may try to go too far the other direction, but they can't really reasonably win given that this society is based upon European ideas and ideals and a lot of the culture is Western culture.

Frankly, I really don't care about the inventions/non-inventions of black people one bit. That topic seems relatively irrelevant. Let's actually assume for a moment that blacks, as a race, tend to have a lower average of intelligence and other valuable traits for innovation, and that the underlying reason is genetic. Now, let's say that Joe is black. Does this mean that Joe is less capable than a white person? No, as averages are statistical measures, but the distribution will still have many blacks with capabilities greater than many whites. So, why is this really relevant? I mean, note: I am not assuming that any race is better or worse than any other(we could say "smurf" or "asian" for all I care, but racists tend to hate certain races), but really, people are people.

quiet_dove
Toucan
Toucan

29 Sep 2010, 8:53 pm

Hanotaux wrote:
What about the black majority hoods of Boston?

What about Los Angeles? Heck, what about most of California, for that matter? Non-black cities and states can be complete holes, too. (And yes, LA is a complete and utter hole, despite being known for being the movie star capital of the world. Look it up if you don't believe me.)

Quote:
yeah, I get it, mandatory Black History month. I know, I was there for the presentation. They went through great lengths to make sure we got this info.

The grab bag of black inventions is miniscule compared to the total Caucasian output, and most of those black inventions are founded on the base technology invented by whites.

i'm sure your teachers gave you two gold stars for properly digesting all of the black inventions and reporting back to them. Your liberal professors did quite a job on you, and they would be very proud reading this thread.

I found that website on my own. My professors (many of whom were actually conservative) had nothing to do with it.

And why are you so willing to discount everything that black people have ever done? Why not just accept that black people are capable of doing everything that white people can do? I mean, I've proved that you were wrong about all black people being primitive, so why are you still holding onto your obviously-incorrect beliefs about black people? What good does it do to hate them so much?

Hanotaux
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Sep 2010, 10:33 pm

Quote:
What about Los Angeles? Heck, what about most of California, for that matter? Non-black cities and states can be complete holes, too.

I know, LA is like 90% Latino or something like that.

Quote:
I found that website on my own.

Good for you, you can use a computer.

Quote:
And why are you so willing to discount everything that black people have ever done?

I don't discount their acheivements, but their accomplishments get way over-magnified for the sake of the diversity agenda that implies Black supremacy. The fact is that the whole litany of black accomplishments, when summed up, are rather pedestrian to say the least when held against the inventions of Caucasians and Orientals.

Most of the Black History month boosters latch onto the smallest black accomplishment and talk it up for years, as if it was the 2nd coming of Christ.

Quote:
Why not just accept that black people are capable of doing everything that white people can do?

They can if they apply themselves...... but this is not related to the fact that I am opposed to massive black immigration from Africa and Haiti in the USA. Why can't they be engineers in Haiti, and fix that place up, instead of having to use the USA as a host vehicle?

Quote:
I mean, I've proved that you were wrong about all black people being primitive, so why are you still holding onto your obviously-incorrect beliefs about black people? What good does it do to hate them so much?

Yeah, sure........... When was this?

You are the perfect example and paragon of complete naivety and absolute liberal brainwashing, and slavish conformity to the MTV brainwashing culture of black supremacy.

The whole point is preventing the country from turning into a populaiton of bi-racial wigger drones with no cultural identity......a proletariat with no culture besides an endless parade of rap noises, sitcoms, tacky Fubu costumes, and screaming blacks jumping about in garish outfits.

quiet_dove
Toucan
Toucan

29 Sep 2010, 10:46 pm

You know what, Hanotaux? I give up. You're unwilling to admit that this country doesn't belong to white people (and you seem to completely ignore the fact that the Native Americans were here for centuries before the Puritans arrived, so really, this country belongs more to them than to you or to any other white person), and you seem to be filled with pure hatred and vitriol towards anyone who isn't as racist as you yourself are, and I'm just sick and tired of you insulting me and others for no reason at all. I hope someday you can grow to be a more loving, caring individual, but until then, I'm going to just ignore all of your posts.

Have a good rest of your life. :) (And I'm not being sarcastic at all when I say that. I honestly do care about you, even though you've been nothing but rude to me.)

Hanotaux
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Sep 2010, 11:09 pm

quiet dove q

Quote:
You know what, Hanotaux? I give up.

The story of your life ...

Quote:
You're unwilling to admit that this country doesn't belong to white people

Obviously, to you white people have no place in this country and owe everything to those oppressed minorities.

Who does it belong to then?

I guess it belongs to black people then because of 'Slavery' and being 'oppressed,' despite the fact that there were a number of black slave owners, and larger black African political units were fully complicit in the slave trade.

This country does belong to the white majority. If immigrants don't like it, than they can leave. They made the conscious choice to come here, and how dare they get 'offended' because we won't cater to them and support their torpor even more than we already do.

Those immigrants came here on their own free will. They should accept their lot as what they get. They are metics.

Quote:
and you seem to completely ignore the fact that the Native Americans were here for centuries before the Puritans arrived, so really, this country belongs more to them than to you or to any other white person

The Indians also colonized America from Siberia. Indians have no more right to it than any other ethnic group.

Quote:
I'm going to just ignore all of your posts.

Good, your complete naivety is getting old. I'm sure with your withdrawl, the other liberals are breathing a sigh of relief as you've been embarassing them so with your obvious indoctrination and simple-mindedness.

Quote:
even though you've been nothing but rude to me

Actually, I haven't been rude to you.

You want to get on some forum and get into massive arguements on sensitive issues, and then have hair-trigger sensitivities and get upsetted when people choose to disagree with you, and you take offense over any perceived slight........

Besides the fact you are so damn naive, hyper-idealistic, and ridiculous that it is impossible to take you seriously.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 11:20 pm

greenblue wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

well, I thought that by "PP's Law" you may have meant Godwin's Law = PPR's law or something like that, given discussions related to racism and that I don't know what you mean by PP's exactly.

Just name the PPR forum as the PPR forum.
One of PPR's directives:
Evidence Please: No personal experience please, no conspiracy theories please, empirical and verifiable evidence should only be recognized.

PP is PPR truncated. PPR has directives though? Are they as crappy and contrived as the Prime Directive in the series of Star Trek or more so as the Three Laws Of Robotics?