Page 5 of 14 [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next

quiet_dove
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2010, 8:47 am

Hanotaux wrote:
Ahhh........... The 'we are all the same' party line. You can't even talk about people anymore in an individual/cultural/racial sense without getting the indoctrinated masses party line bleated back in your face. White People are different from Black people(lower testosterone levels.) Caucasians should be able to live in peace without having to be constantly harassed and subjected to violence from disproportionally more aggressive minority cultures. Also, why should whites be genetically diluted with other races who are physically less pleasing to look at? Why are we importing large populations from violent and warlike cultures featuring 'clan feuds' and that sort of thing, to live side by side with Caucasians who are on the average more elderly and more on the 'Eloi' side?

All of the 'we are all the human race' drivel is just the same indoctrinated line fabricated by a group of social engineers, and internalized by a large percentage of the population as a process. It is no more correct or less of a falliable doctrine than the eugenic ideas that ciruclated in fascist circles in the early part of the 20th century. Even if I adhered to this ethos, I'd not go bandying it about, as the sociologists who dispense this theory permit no actual review into the fundamental principles of their absolute moratorium on eugenics.

Wow, your racism is disgusting. Whether you like it or not, black people are just as human as white people, and thus, they deserve just as much of your love and respect as white people do. Seriously, quit it with the hatred already and learn to love everyone equally, since we're all inherently equal in the sense that we're all human beings.

quiet_dove
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2010, 8:52 am

John_Browning wrote:
In America, borders are very important. We spent a whole lot of time, effort, and especially blood building what we have today. If some countries have so little to be proud of that they don't care to define themselves anymore, that is their problem. Here we have created infrastructure, industry, technology, and military might that none of the greatest emperors of the ancient world and kings could ever have dreamed about. America started with nothing and became a benevolent superpower that helped prevent world domination on a couple occasions. We annually give away to the poorest people among us about 35 years worth of income for an African (plus healthcare), and every year we give away an amount of foreign aid that is bigger than the gross national product of some countries. I'd say borders are pretty important here.

So basically, you care more about patriotism than you do about equality for all? How sad, that you'd rather believe in an arrogant, immature concept like "my country is better than yours" than actually try to see other human beings as being equal to you.

Quote:
"They do it too" is valid in this case because I was discussing a basic need all countries must have met to sustain their existence. Borders serve to regulate the flow of immigration so that they aren't flooded and overwhelmed with people they can't accommodate, they help keep out undesirables, and in some countries like America, they serve critical national security functions. Normally "Mexicans are doing it" is a really damn good justification not to do something, but in the case of enforcing illegal immigration laws, Mexico is handling that in a textbook efficient way that would do us good to mimic.

So basically, you're just assuming, yet again, that you're right and I'm wrong, even though you have yet to provide any actual evidence of such. I mean, illegal immigration has been going on for years and years and it hasn't destroyed this country. So what makes you think it's a problem at all?

quiet_dove
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2010, 8:57 am

ikorack wrote:
@quiet_dove borders have as much meaning and purpose as words.

How so?

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:16 am

quiet_dove wrote:
ikorack wrote:

How so?

words represent ideas as do borders. borders communicate that a section of land is a nations/governments.

quiet_dove
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2010, 9:19 am

ikorack wrote:
quiet_dove wrote:
ikorack wrote:

How so?

words represent ideas as do borders. borders communicate that a section of land is a nations/governments.

But what would be so bad about getting rid of borders altogether and letting everyone just live together? Sure, there would be some initial violence and anger, but I'm sure that that wouldn't last forever, and people would eventually learn to get along with each other.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:21 am

quiet_dove wrote:
ikorack wrote:
quiet_dove wrote:
ikorack wrote:

How so?

But what would be so bad about getting rid of borders altogether and letting everyone just live together? Sure, there would be some initial violence and anger, but I'm sure that that wouldn't last forever, and people would eventually learn to get along with each other.

Keep the door to your house open or unlocked at all times. See what happens to your stuff.

ruveyn

quiet_dove
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2010, 9:28 am

ruveyn wrote:
quiet_dove wrote:
ikorack wrote:
quiet_dove wrote:
ikorack wrote:

How so?

Keep the door to your house open or unlocked at all times. See what happens to your stuff.

ruveyn

I often keep the door to my house unlocked, and no one has ever taken advantage of that and stolen anything. Not all neighborhoods are dangerous, you know. Nor are all human beings inherently untrustworthy.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:29 am

quiet_dove wrote:

I often keep the door to my house unlocked, and no one has ever taken advantage of that and stolen anything. Not all neighborhoods are dangerous, you know. Nor are all human beings inherently untrustworthy.

It is the untrustworthy ones we have to worry about. That is why we have locks and latches.

ruveyn

quiet_dove
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2010, 9:30 am

ruveyn wrote:
quiet_dove wrote:

It is the untrustworthy ones we have to worry about. That is why we have locks and latches.

ruveyn

But not everyone is untrustworthy, so why not just assume that all strangers are inherently trustworthy than assume that they're untrustworthy? I mean, do you think that I'm untrustworthy simply because I'm a stranger to you?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:36 am

quiet_dove wrote:
s untrustworthy, so why not just assume that all strangers are inherently trustworthy than assume that they're untrustworthy? I mean, do you think that I'm untrustworthy simply because I'm a stranger to you?

I assure you, I don't think about you at all.

ruveyn

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:39 am

hyperlexian wrote:
okay, come on over to canada! we like when people immigrate and bring their skills with them. our country is a richer place because of generations of immigrants.

p.s. aren't most americans descended from immigrants also? why should it be harder to immigrate now than 200 years ago? you're ancestors had no greater right to be here than illegal mexicans (unless you are 100% native american). and lots of canadian and american ancestors sneaked illegally into canada and the u.s. over the last few hundred years.

Even "100% native americans" once also immigrated and colonized these lands.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:40 am

quiet_dove wrote:
ikorack wrote:
quiet_dove wrote:
ikorack wrote:

How so?

Because then we would have to worry(as much) about the whole world as we do our own country, and we couldn't support that with our current government nor any other government that currently exists. For a world government we would have to be able to live in the same society as every other human being on this planet and that is just not possible and i seriously doubt it ever will be.

quiet_dove wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
quiet_dove wrote:

ruveyn

But not everyone is untrustworthy, so why not just assume that all strangers are inherently trustworthy than assume that they're untrustworthy? I mean, do you think that I'm untrustworthy simply because I'm a stranger to you?

don't acknowledge the reason that we have the need of borders and then act like it doesn't exist. the untrustworthy are the dangerous ones and just because some/most/whatever many people are good does not eliminate the fact that there a're harmful and/or dangerous people out there

quiet_dove
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2010, 9:42 am

ruveyn wrote:
quiet_dove wrote:
s untrustworthy, so why not just assume that all strangers are inherently trustworthy than assume that they're untrustworthy? I mean, do you think that I'm untrustworthy simply because I'm a stranger to you?

I assure you, I don't think about you at all.

ruveyn

So to you, I'm just text on a screen? You don't think at all about who I must be as a human being, even though you know for a fact that I am human? You'd rather just pretend that I'm a robot than actually admit that I, like you, am a human being, and thus, you and I share something in common?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:46 am

quiet_dove wrote:
So to you, I'm just text on a screen? You don't think at all about who I must be as a human being, even though you know for a fact that I am human? You'd rather just pretend that I'm a robot than actually admit that I, like you, am a human being, and thus, you and I share something in common?

I think you are beginning to Get It.

ruveyn

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 10:07 am

ruveyn wrote:
quiet_dove wrote:

I think you are beginning to Get It.

ruveyn
:lmao:

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud