Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,848
Location: New Orleans, LA

18 Oct 2010, 8:10 pm

ikorack wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Image


are you suggesting your opposition has something to do with child prostitution?

as for the rest of you encouraging these ethnic slurs you should really know better.


No but what the image is referencing is Rush's recent trip to the Dominican Republic alone traveling with a box of Viagra. The Dominican Republic is quickly becoming infamous for its illicit sex trade. Most of the women end up working in Europe, the US, and other first world destinations. The child sex trade stays within the country.


_________________
Wherever they burn books they will also, in the end, burn human beings. ~Heinrich Heine, Almansor, 1823

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson


skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,848
Location: New Orleans, LA

18 Oct 2010, 8:13 pm

Dox47 wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
I just figured I'd give them all a thread to cry in to save the rest of us the grief.

Poor poor white man, can never do anything right and only does wrong. Oh what's a white fellow to do when everyone can't see past his skin.


Racism is racism Ska, you're basically applying sins of the father to a whole class of people because of the way things have historically gone; cold comfort to the individual who is discriminated against due to the color of his skin.


I'm making fun of the people here who complain about being kept down because they're white and because others are penalizing them for "sins of their fathers". Interesting that you turned it around into a direct attack on white people rather than satirizing the simple-minded (white) folk (here on this board) who take any opportunity possible to blame their problems and their community's problems on minorities. What's that say about you?


_________________
Wherever they burn books they will also, in the end, burn human beings. ~Heinrich Heine, Almansor, 1823

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson


greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,896
Location: Home

18 Oct 2010, 8:33 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
I just figured I'd give them all a thread to cry in to save the rest of us the grief.

Poor poor white man, can never do anything right and only does wrong. Oh what's a white fellow to do when everyone can't see past his skin.


Racism is racism Ska, you're basically applying sins of the father to a whole class of people because of the way things have historically gone; cold comfort to the individual who is discriminated against due to the color of his skin.


I'm making fun of the people here who complain about being kept down because they're white and because others are penalizing them for "sins of their fathers".

Yes, that seemed pretty much obvious.


_________________
?Everything is perfect in the universe - even your desire to improve it.?


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,671
Location: Seattle

18 Oct 2010, 11:21 pm

skafather84 wrote:
I'm making fun of the people here who complain about being kept down because they're white and because others are penalizing them for "sins of their fathers". Interesting that you turned it around into a direct attack on white people rather than satirizing the simple-minded (white) folk (here on this board) who take any opportunity possible to blame their problems and their community's problems on minorities. What's that say about you?


The thing I have a problem with here is that you're essentially endorsing a hierarchy of racism with differing standards applying depending upon who is complaining about being discriminated against by who. You can't be "sort of" against racism, or only against it when it's perpetrated against racial majorities, you have to be against it in all circumstances.

You're also mocking other people's life experiences because you think other groups have it worse and thus in your opinion have no right to complain. As an Aspie, you really ought to know better.


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit


greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,896
Location: Home

18 Oct 2010, 11:54 pm

Dox47 wrote:
The thing I have a problem with here is that you're essentially endorsing a hierarchy of racism with differing standards applying depending upon who is complaining about being discriminated against by who. You can't be "sort of" against racism, or only against it when it's perpetrated against racial majorities, you have to be against it in all circumstances.

well, it depends, if this is a response to other threads in the PPR forum then that would not be necessarily endorsing "reverse" racism, but I see that some can perceive it like that, I mean, it seems to be mocking other threads, if I'm not mistaken, similar to what iamnotaparakeet seems to be doing, and yeah, the mocking represent an issue related to miniroties vs the majority, the view that minorites have had it worse compared to few white people complains in this forum, if that is the case, and I pratically find such complains questionable.

Quote:
You're also mocking other people's life experiences because you think other groups have it worse and thus in your opinion have no right to complain. As an Aspie, you really ought to know better.

Was it said that they have no right to do so? Did he asked for them to be censored? Rather, it seemed a response to their conclusions which he saw questionable and ridiculous, if X's position is being criticized and mocked, that does not seem to equal "X doesn't have a right" but rather "X's position is absurd". And, the defended freedom of speech is working on this side as well, btw.

On the other hand, some consider posting pictures like that as spam, but perhaps not necessarily here.


_________________
?Everything is perfect in the universe - even your desire to improve it.?


Last edited by greenblue on 19 Oct 2010, 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,848
Location: New Orleans, LA

19 Oct 2010, 12:00 am

Dox47 wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
I'm making fun of the people here who complain about being kept down because they're white and because others are penalizing them for "sins of their fathers". Interesting that you turned it around into a direct attack on white people rather than satirizing the simple-minded (white) folk (here on this board) who take any opportunity possible to blame their problems and their community's problems on minorities. What's that say about you?


The thing I have a problem with here is that you're essentially endorsing a hierarchy of racism with differing standards applying depending upon who is complaining about being discriminated against by who. You can't be "sort of" against racism, or only against it when it's perpetrated against racial majorities, you have to be against it in all circumstances.

You're also mocking other people's life experiences because you think other groups have it worse and thus in your opinion have no right to complain. As an Aspie, you really ought to know better.


What it says about you is that you're very contrarian. :p

I'm not mocking people because others have it worse; I'm mocking them because of their failed perceptions at what they think is one pattern when they completely neglect all other aspects within the equation.

As far as the racism accusation...no. I write a lot that I hate white people and I do it mockingly because I'm white, most of my friends are white, and I'm more apt to know a ton of bad white people than bad black people...or, in other words, if I judge white people the same way that a lot of closet racists judge black people as a whole, I'd very easily come to the conclusion that I hate white people.

"I hate white people" is generally a joke that I love to use because so many racists take it as fresh fodder for their garbage about white guilt and "reverse" racism.

Which I guess is really just more of the same victim crap...just from some really stupid, obnoxious people.


_________________
Wherever they burn books they will also, in the end, burn human beings. ~Heinrich Heine, Almansor, 1823

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,671
Location: Seattle

19 Oct 2010, 2:22 am

I think we're talking past each other Ska, what I'm getting at here is that racism is not an exclusively white vice (which I know you know), and that racism against whites does happen. When it does happen, the victim of said anti white racism doesn't deserve to be told "oh boo hoo, whitey's finally getting a taste of his own medicine", that's just wrong and uncalled for. I understand that you're trying to spoof certain posters on here who make mountains out of apparent molehills, I just think the way you've written your thread is just going to deepen the persecution complex that some people are already suffering from and just drive in a deeper wedge. That's all I'm getting at.


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit


MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,032
Location: Earth

19 Oct 2010, 2:42 am

Dox47 wrote:
When it does happen, the victim of said anti white racism doesn't deserve to be told "oh boo hoo, whitey's finally getting a taste of his own medicine".


Well you at least look like you're having fun with or without the taste of your own medicine. You and the whole schmo of congress and politics.


_________________
I live as I choose or I will not live at all.
~Delores O’Riordan


ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 83
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,502
Location: New Jersey

19 Oct 2010, 2:48 am

I am technically Caucasian, and I do not feel put upon because of my low level of melanin concentration.

ruveyn



Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,671
Location: Seattle

19 Oct 2010, 2:50 am

MissConstrue wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
When it does happen, the victim of said anti white racism doesn't deserve to be told "oh boo hoo, whitey's finally getting a taste of his own medicine".


Well you at least look like you're having fun with or without the taste of your own medicine. You and the whole schmo of congress and politics.


Eh what?

I'm genuinely puzzled here, I mean yes I'm having a good time here on PPR, but the state the government is quite alarming for me. Lest you get the wrong idea, I voted for the guy in the oval office and am very disappointed in him for a multitude of reasons, my issues have to do with size and meddling. You do also know that I was banned from this site for the better part of 6 months for discussing a hypothetical assassination market for taking out corrupt politicians, right? That the black woman in my avatar is my fiance? You're sure you're talking to the right person?


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit


skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,848
Location: New Orleans, LA

19 Oct 2010, 9:35 am

Dox47 wrote:
When it does happen, the victim of said anti white racism doesn't deserve to be told "oh boo hoo, whitey's finally getting a taste of his own medicine", that's just wrong and uncalled for.


I don't think that it's a matter of getting a taste of their own medicine. I'm more saying that the racism volleys need to stop and that a group that isn't especially being penalized overall in the greater view should be the group to try and drop the volley. Should they complain directly to the problems about what they think is racism? Sure. Should they allow it to corrupt their own beliefs toward more racism and making it to where too many things are about race rather than other factors? Hell no. I think the idea of "taste of their own medicine" really doesn't do anything other than to keep the exchange going rather than breaking the cycle of BS.


_________________
Wherever they burn books they will also, in the end, burn human beings. ~Heinrich Heine, Almansor, 1823

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson


waltur
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2009
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 924
Location: california

19 Oct 2010, 2:04 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
When it does happen, the victim of said anti white racism doesn't deserve to be told "oh boo hoo, whitey's finally getting a taste of his own medicine", that's just wrong and uncalled for.


I don't think that it's a matter of getting a taste of their own medicine. I'm more saying that the racism volleys need to stop and that a group that isn't especially being penalized overall in the greater view should be the group to try and drop the volley. Should they complain directly to the problems about what they think is racism? Sure. Should they allow it to corrupt their own beliefs toward more racism and making it to where too many things are about race rather than other factors? Hell no. I think the idea of "taste of their own medicine" really doesn't do anything other than to keep the exchange going rather than breaking the cycle of BS.



i think you two agree on quite a few facets of this subject. i like to laugh about the oppressed white man jokes but i can't help but point out that this thread was a response to keet's threads and, as such, seems like a not-so-covert attack on keet and the point he was trying to make. how am i supposed to argue against the position that it's ok to make fun of white males when this whole thread is about making fun of white males? how are carl rove or rush limbaugh any more representative of white people than jesse jackson or barrack obama are of black people? are all latinos at fault for the terrible comedy of carlos mencia?

affirmative action is a good idea as an equalizer but, because it's a racial issue, we've never been able to actually decide the best way to do it. how much consolation do you expect a white man to take in the fact that, while he has no way of knowing whether he was passed up for that new job/promotion in favor of someone who brings more diversity to the team because he was less qualified or because of affirmative action, that the long term "ends justify the..." short term "...means.?" if you were that white man you would have no way of knowing and you might, not wanting to consider yourself substandard at your profession, just assume that it was affirmative action. home you go to your family and they ask "why?"

how many children in america are growing up right now being told by their parents that the reason they were passed up for a new job or promotion or raise was because of the color of their skin? it's an oversimplification of a very complicated truth but it's still -basically- true.

and how would you feel if, every time you inquired openly about this, you were accused of racism?

that's not to say that white racists are justified by this and certainly not to suggest that there aren't white racists.

i'm an ardent atheist (because STRIDENT means something else, damnit!) and catholic priests make for some delicious low-hanging fruit but anyone who says all catholic priests are child molesters is making an indefensible generalization.


skafather84 wrote:
the racism volleys need to stop and that a group that isn't especially being penalized overall in the greater view should be the group to try and drop the volley... ...I think the idea of "taste of their own medicine" really doesn't do anything other than to keep the exchange going rather than breaking the cycle of BS.


_________________
Waltur the Walrus Slayer,
Militant Asantist.
"BLASPHEMER!! !! !! !!" (according to AngelRho)


number5
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Age: 42
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,691
Location: sunny philadelphia

19 Oct 2010, 4:53 pm

waltur wrote:
are all latinos at fault for the terrible comedy of carlos mencia?


:lol: Sadly, yes - and George Lopez.



marshall
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,752
Location: Turkey

19 Oct 2010, 5:37 pm

waltur wrote:
affirmative action is a good idea as an equalizer but, because it's a racial issue, we've never been able to actually decide the best way to do it. how much consolation do you expect a white man to take in the fact that, while he has no way of knowing whether he was passed up for that new job/promotion in favor of someone who brings more diversity to the team because he was less qualified or because of affirmative action, that the long term "ends justify the..." short term "...means.?" if you were that white man you would have no way of knowing and you might, not wanting to consider yourself substandard at your profession, just assume that it was affirmative action. home you go to your family and they ask "why?"

how many children in america are growing up right now being told by their parents that the reason they were passed up for a new job or promotion or raise was because of the color of their skin? it's an oversimplification of a very complicated truth but it's still -basically- true.

and how would you feel if, every time you inquired openly about this, you were accused of racism?

that's not to say that white racists are justified by this and certainly not to suggest that there aren't white racists.

Here's my own position on affirmative action:

I'd be in favor of a society where people of different racial backgrounds were equally represented in all fields and occupations. However, I don't think overt racism by white people is the primary reason for the lack of representation. I think things would be better off if the degree to which a person was considered to be of "disadvantaged" status, and thus eligible for affirmative action was based on financial and regional factors rather than skin pigmentation.

I don't think it's fair to label white people who are opposed to affirmative action as racist. I think it's a problem though when a white person decides to compare affirmative action to real racism (i.e. deep south pre-1960s). You can't go and place a picture of a university financial aid office worker or government HR department employee next to a picture of a Klansman holding a noose without being a racist. There's simply no comparison of the two and to do so is rightly considered offensive and racist IMO. Also, any white person who spends a disproportionate amount of time complaining about affirmative action when there are so many more pressing issues sets off the "racist alert" alarm bells.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,947
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

20 Oct 2010, 11:10 pm

Dox47 wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
When it does happen, the victim of said anti white racism doesn't deserve to be told "oh boo hoo, whitey's finally getting a taste of his own medicine".


Well you at least look like you're having fun with or without the taste of your own medicine. You and the whole schmo of congress and politics.


Eh what?

I'm genuinely puzzled here, I mean yes I'm having a good time here on PPR, but the state the government is quite alarming for me. Lest you get the wrong idea, I voted for the guy in the oval office and am very disappointed in him for a multitude of reasons, my issues have to do with size and meddling. You do also know that I was banned from this site for the better part of 6 months for discussing a hypothetical assassination market for taking out corrupt politicians, right? That the black woman in my avatar is my fiance? You're sure you're talking to the right person?


Your fiance is a very lovely young lady. You're a lucky man.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer