Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 8:25 am

Anyone visit the Holy Land Experience in Orlando, Florida? What did you think about it?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 8:54 am

pgd wrote:
Anyone visit the Holy Land Experience in Orlando, Florida? What did you think about it?

Is that where they have the dinosaur rides?

ruveyn

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 10:26 am

ruveyn wrote:
pgd wrote:

Is that where they have the dinosaur rides?

ruveyn

---

Have never been there - Orlando, Florida. It's in a state where there are a lot of theme parks including dinosaur rides.

Holy Land Experience is a religious theme park (Christianity / aspects of Judaism) where one can take a tour of a model of the Temple at Jerusalem, etc. - various theme sets based on stories from the Bible.

waltur
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 1:13 pm

that place makes me giggle. i'm glad it's so close to that harry potter themepark. they go together better than all those disney parks do.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPYj4HPudCk[/youtube]

Stephen F Roberts wrote:
When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 1:48 pm

waltur wrote:
that place makes me giggle. i'm glad it's so close to that harry potter themepark. they go together better than all those disney parks do.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPYj4HPudCk[/youtube]

Stephen F Roberts wrote:
When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

---

Well, Harry Potter does celebrate Christmas at Hogwarts (movie 1 - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone). Yes, heard that they built a Harry Potter themepark in Florida. Yes, the Holy Land Experience themepark and the Harry Potter themepark work with the age old storyline of good vs evil, good wizard vs bad wizard, cops vs robbers, and so on. From the Harry Potter movie it was clear to me the food they served at Hogwarts was noticeably a grade above what was served at Passover and Jesus's twist on the Passover, the last supper. Disney, as I recall, he made his money off of a well known fairy tale which featured a poison apple, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Food apparently is a common denominator is storytelling. As you know, Bill Maher often talks plainly about various non-profit world religions today wondering how much of them are simply fairy tales retold to keep the ministers working and living a good lifestyle. Religious theater actors = professional beggars = religious vaudeville gigs? My personal view is that there are persons who choose careers in the theater, in Hollywood, and make good money playing imaginary characters. They often belong to an Actors' Guild. Today I tend to view all non-profit religions as being a subset of acting, that is, religious theater - whether it is Scientology, Mormonism, Islam, Italian Catholicism, or Buddhism...however...many religious ministers will not admit they are acting for cash/money vs those from Hollywood who freely admit they act for cash/money.