Page 2 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Astreja
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jun 2006, 12:58 am

I can imagine and relate to gods, numerous advanced and long-lived beings that occasionally lend a hand to humanity.

I have a problem relating to a single ultra-powerful, omniscient (or even near-omniscient) being. If there was such a being, its presence would be so overpowering as to be inescapable. I don't see evidence of that, which is why I stick with my small-g gods instead.

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2006, 5:04 pm

yes i do. there is no reason for it and i have no proof god exists, but i still believe.

Scrapheap
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2006, 7:17 pm

Raph522 wrote:
yes i do. there is no reason for it and i have no proof god exists, but i still believe.

At last!! a christian who's smart enough to say they can't prove god!!

ericmc783
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Jul 2006, 12:58 am

Quote:
We, as aspies, are rational creatures. I would have to question true aspieness for those who believe in God.

correct. and thankfully, im one of the seemingly few aspies (mild aspie thank god), that i can see the obvious. the obvious is that our complex universe and earth HAD to be created by an intelligent designer. it didnt design and create itself. you cant have something created and evolve from nothing lol. logically, rationally and simply impossible. remember that 0 X 1,000,000,000 (one billion) is still ZERO. You cant have something created from nothing.

despite the vastness that we dont know about "him", the evidence still strongly points to god over any other logical theory that we humans have been able to come up w/ so far, including big bang, natural selection, etc.

eipsa
Raven
Raven

01 Jul 2006, 5:45 pm

God does not exist because:
The universe is closed and finite (Einstein/Hawking). That its finite is generally accepted in the scientific community, it's finite in the sense that it curves in on itself in the 4th dimension (e.g. if you travel far enough in the same direction you'll end up where you started). If the universe is finite, it follows that nothing (nor matter, nor information) can move from inside the universe to whatever is outside the universe or vice versa.
If God exist, he necessarilly has to be located outside the universe. If he is outside the universe, he can not communicate or control anything inside the universe because nothing (not even information) can be transmitted from outside to inside or vice versa, so if he does exist it is irrelevant because he can not influence us. Conversely, if God exists inside the universe instead of outside, then he can not be a God because he does not have control of whatever is outside the universe because information can not pass between the inside and outside. He may have power over us, but he is not a God, he could be more considred an alien species.
Therefore there is no God, or God is outside the universe and therefore irrelevant.
Q.E.D.

Scrapheap
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2006, 3:29 am

ericmc783 wrote:
Quote:
We, as aspies, are rational creatures. I would have to question true aspieness for those who believe in God.

correct. and thankfully, im one of the seemingly few aspies (mild aspie thank god), that i can see the obvious. the obvious is that our complex universe and earth HAD to be created by an intelligent designer. it didnt design and create itself. you cant have something created and evolve from nothing lol. logically, rationally and simply impossible. remember that 0 X 1,000,000,000 (one billion) is still ZERO. You cant have something created from nothing.

despite the vastness that we dont know about "him", the evidence still strongly points to god over any other logical theory that we humans have been able to come up w/ so far, including big bang, natural selection, etc.

This entire post falls under the "Either Or" fallicy. Otherwise known as a false dichotomy. Most every observed phenomenon in the universe has a known natural cause.
As has been pointed out REPEATEDLY!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! on this thread, the evidence for the existence of Jehova/Yawhey is non-existent.

Barracuda
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2006, 1:44 pm

Scrapheap wrote:
ericmc783 wrote:
Quote:

This entire post falls under the "Either Or" fallicy. Otherwise known as a false dichotomy. Most every observed phenomenon in the universe has a known natural cause.
As has been pointed out REPEATEDLY!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! on this thread, the evidence for the existence of Jehova/Yawhey is non-existent.
You forgot to mention that the post they quoted said the opposite of what they said... >_< Read people!
I would like your evidence that points to God over the Big bang, as that is a fairly solid theory. Natural selection is a fact. We have observered it.

Mordy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jul 2006, 3:39 am

blah..

I question the rationality of any aspie who isn't an agnostic, it's one thing to say you don't believe in a traditional patriarchal god (which of course we all know are false), its another thing to say you are completely 100% unopen to the possibility of intelligent interference as a cause in or of the universe. Two quite distinctive claims.

jonathan79
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2006, 7:49 am

Raph522 wrote:

This is faith.

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2006, 8:44 pm

I believe in God.

Paula
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2006, 11:00 pm

The Bible tells us nature itself proves the existance of God.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2006, 3:48 pm

eipsa wrote:
God does not exist because:
The universe is closed and finite (Einstein/Hawking). That its finite is generally accepted in the scientific community, it's finite in the sense that it curves in on itself in the 4th dimension (e.g. if you travel far enough in the same direction you'll end up where you started). If the universe is finite, it follows that nothing (nor matter, nor information) can move from inside the universe to whatever is outside the universe or vice versa.
If God exist, he necessarilly has to be located outside the universe. If he is outside the universe, he can not communicate or control anything inside the universe because nothing (not even information) can be transmitted from outside to inside or vice versa, so if he does exist it is irrelevant because he can not influence us. Conversely, if God exists inside the universe instead of outside, then he can not be a God because he does not have control of whatever is outside the universe because information can not pass between the inside and outside. He may have power over us, but he is not a God, he could be more considred an alien species.
Therefore there is no God, or God is outside the universe and therefore irrelevant.
Q.E.D.

But the difference is that God is spiritual, not physical. Anyways, yes, I believe in God.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

eipsa
Raven
Raven

05 Jul 2006, 5:47 pm

aspiegirl2 wrote:
But the difference is that God is spiritual, not physical. Anyways, yes, I believe in God.

Yes, but he can't influence your life whatsoever if he's on the outside, because even *information* can't enter the universe from outside. Call it spiritual or whatever, but if he is to interract with your life it will have to go to the *physical* plane sooner or later since this is where you are..... and that's not possible...so god is irrelevant.

Musical_Lottie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2006, 7:37 pm

Barracuda wrote:
Scrapheap wrote:
ericmc783 wrote:
Quote:

You forgot to mention that the post they quoted said the opposite of what they said... >_< Read people!
I would like your evidence that points to God over the Big bang, as that is a fairly solid theory. Natural selection is a fact. We have observered it.

See, I believe that the Big Bang could well have happened. Remember, we're told in the Scriptures that the Universe was created by Jehovah. But we're not told how - he may well have caused the Big Bang, in which case I can believe it may have happened, if it had Jehovah controlling what it did. But for the Big Bang to happen spontaneously without design ... that I can't believe.

Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2006, 9:44 pm

Aeturnus wrote:

Hahahaha, "rational creatures." Interesting theory.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2006, 9:59 pm

666 wrote:
Aeturnus wrote:

Hahahaha, "rational creatures." Interesting theory.

Kind of an oxymoron, because I've yet to see a "type" of human being in which every single person who fits that type all share a common trait--even if you're talking gender, there are men who lack penises due to injuries, are there not?

Personally I don't think having Asperger's automatically makes one more rational or more logical--perhaps for the aspies who are really good at science in math, but not all are. But I do find it very interesting that so many aspies (myself included) are atheists or agnostics.