get better 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
dry up and go away 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
grow up and get a life 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 6

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2011, 2:08 pm

Okay, I am still a bit sick, so I was a little disconcerted by that BORING.

When in doubt, let Mr Science out:

For the space of TWO [count them, 2] weeks from this post - a solid fortnight - I will post NOTHING on PPR - with one exception.

In addition to some pm owed Awesomely Glorious, whom I would not willingly and wittingly defraud, I have committed to an attack on the Arminian position, an obligation I intend to fulfill so soon as my gut starts to behave.

Other than that -

Now you see me,

Now you d

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 2:16 am

I thought it would never end, and then it snuck up from behind when I was not looking. My two weeks of voluntary exile from PPR have ended. It was not easy. PPRticipation is somewhat addictive, like picking the scab off a wound. I could not but visit from time to times [at increasing intervals], and was constantly seeing discussions where important points needed to be raised, or posts that needed their heads sat on. But I held firm.

When I started my PPR fast I was recovering from illness, very sorry for myself and shocked that once again I was the weirdo with goals and interests and standards totally incompatible with those of those around me. Increasing health and some positive feedback from some in the crowd got me out of that. I stopped being sad and hurt by about the third day.

And now I have achieved a certain perspective. I need not be hurt that the topics of burning interest to me leave most PPRians cold, and vice versa. Have I not experienced precisely that since my childhood? I need not be roused to wrath by the not even sophomoric, barely Middle School postings of certain PPRoidea who seem to feel that posting unresearched scoffing, Bandar-Loglike aping those who actually think, is striking a blow for the right [usually but not always the Left right]. Have I not seen this phenomenon even among professionals who should know better since my High School days?

Nor should I worry if something I say falls on deaf or twisted ears. Haec mala sunt, Dr. Fell, sed tu non meliora facis. I yam what I yam, I shall say what I mean to say, ruat caelum. And non-Latinists may ignore it or look it up. But I will not go back to posting a lot of pearls. I shall be expanding the list of those to whom I shall not reply for good and sufficient reason. And I shall no longer try to exert pressure toward genteel and reasoned discussion of serious issues. When there are no screens, one must accept that flies will play on the table.

Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 2:20 am

I was wondering where you went.

Was not spoken of the soul.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 9:48 am

Not far, but I needed to pull back and re-form. Would it were nunquam deformatus.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 12:42 pm

AND, if publishing my leave of absence be vanity, make the most of it. It was in fact not the fact - I have before absented myself unannounced. But the rationale I thought could use mention.