Page 3 of 8 [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 5:34 am

Callista wrote:
Yes, you're right; a person's value is intrinsic, and has nothing to do with his value to society. But in many cases, it is also encouraging to know that it is possible for anyone to contribute--you can still find a job you can do, a way to help other people, a place in the world. You can still find your niche.

I really don't think I am going to find a job, I am starting college(again, dropped out last time), but I am fairly convinced im not going to make it very far before I end up falling over the edge of my sanity or attempting suicide. though i could just be stressed about college so im just thinking about that to rationalize the anxiety I'm feeling, don't really know.

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 6:17 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I really don't think I am going to find a job, I am starting college(again, dropped out last time), but I am fairly convinced im not going to make it very far before I end up falling over the edge of my sanity or attempting suicide. though i could just be stressed about college so im just thinking about that to rationalize the anxiety I'm feeling, don't really know.

Do you have the opportunity to engage in something like art (pottery, painting, woodwork) that uses your hands while leaving your mind to relax? It can be very beneficial to build something into your timetable, and colleges often have facilities for art. Also, I see in all your posts that you write extremely well.

SaNcheNuSS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 6:45 am

Suicide isn't permanent. Suicide doesn't help. In fact, Suicide does absolutely nothing at all. You think, you will escape by killing yourself? Is it really that easy? The answer is no it is not. When you kill yourself, you do not escape pain, you do not cease to exist, what you do is merely shed the body that you are contained in. Like a cocoon. Anyone that kills themselves is severely disappointed when they learn this. They pull the trigger and they hear the blast of the gun but they are still there, only now they are a spirit and not a physical body. They think, what have I done. I can't go back. The problem is still there. You will go back to your source and you will realize that you didn't learn your lesson. You will have to start ALL OVER again. All those years of building up knowledge and memories for nothing. All because you couldn't get over the illusion of one simple obstacle that in the long run doesn't really matter at all. All the obstacles in your life, all the pain are very small in the grand scheme of things. They are little hurdles that you can easily jump over but are afraid too. When a person commits suicide they say to them self "All I had to do was overcome that". They become very angry at themselves for being so stupid. But as I tell you this, you now have a chance. You don't have to follow in the footsteps of these people. Suicide is not the answer. Overcoming your problems and moving towards self realization and happiness IS the answer. There is a brighter world for everyone. There is a magical world and it is waiting for you to discover.

Tameem_Saied
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Jan 2011, 12:23 pm

Brother Sanchenuss! Great to see you here, and thanks for informing me about this wonderful forum. I intend to support Astrologically as well, will be posting soon on that

Your post is very insightful. Will write more soon.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

17 Jan 2011, 12:26 pm

SaNcheNuSS wrote:
Suicide isn't permanent. Suicide doesn't help. In fact, Suicide does absolutely nothing at all. You think, you will escape by killing yourself? Is it really that easy? The answer is no it is not. When you kill yourself, you do not escape pain, you do not cease to exist, what you do is merely shed the body that you are contained in. Like a cocoon. Anyone that kills themselves is severely disappointed when they learn this. They pull the trigger and they hear the blast of the gun but they are still there, only now they are a spirit and not a physical body. They think, what have I done. I can't go back. The problem is still there. You will go back to your source and you will realize that you didn't learn your lesson. You will have to start ALL OVER again. All those years of building up knowledge and memories for nothing. All because you couldn't get over the illusion of one simple obstacle that in the long run doesn't really matter at all. All the obstacles in your life, all the pain are very small in the grand scheme of things. They are little hurdles that you can easily jump over but are afraid too. When a person commits suicide they say to them self "All I had to do was overcome that". They become very angry at themselves for being so stupid. But as I tell you this, you now have a chance. You don't have to follow in the footsteps of these people. Suicide is not the answer. Overcoming your problems and moving towards self realization and happiness IS the answer. There is a brighter world for everyone. There is a magical world and it is waiting for you to discover.

This is not the way to convince anyone of anything. This also shows a profound ignorance of the workings of mental illness.

Where are they teaching people that the best way to treat depression is more of the same stuff that causes the depression in the first place?

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 1:05 pm

Verdandi wrote:
This is not the way to convince anyone of anything. This also shows a profound ignorance of the workings of mental illness.

Where are they teaching people that the best way to treat depression is more of the same stuff that causes the depression in the first place?

The same place that says to save someone drowning you should aim hoses at them.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 2:04 pm

StuartN wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Do you have the opportunity to engage in something like art (pottery, painting, woodwork) that uses your hands while leaving your mind to relax? It can be very beneficial to build something into your timetable, and colleges often have facilities for art. Also, I see in all your posts that you write extremely well.

Yes I do have writing skills, So if I can manage to keep going...I might do something with writing I am not very good with art forms like pottery, painting or woodwork. I usually can cover it up pretty well but I feel like my motor skills never developed correctly so things like that are more difficult for me then most people hell I even have trouble cutting up vegtables for instance if I am making a salad or something. Sometimes I wish I had less intelligence, then it would not be so bad that I can't seem to find much to do with it. I think I finally understand why there is a fine line between high intelligence and insanity.

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2011, 5:35 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I am not very good with art forms like pottery, painting or woodwork. I usually can cover it up pretty well but I feel like my motor skills never developed correctly so things like that are more difficult for me then most people

The main purpose of scheduling a time for doing something artistic or creative is to give the mind time off - it doesn't much matter what comes out of the art session, although it helps if it expresses something related to your feelings. I attended art therapy through my local hospital and found that it was a very helpful course of treatment. Some people have posted here about the benefits of drumming (on a tabla or other fairly quiet, portable drum) and bicycling - my outlet is photography and image processing. They are all probably having the same effect as meditation or mindfulness.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2011, 11:27 pm

StuartN wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I am not very good with art forms like pottery, painting or woodwork. I usually can cover it up pretty well but I feel like my motor skills never developed correctly so things like that are more difficult for me then most people

The main purpose of scheduling a time for doing something artistic or creative is to give the mind time off - it doesn't much matter what comes out of the art session, although it helps if it expresses something related to your feelings. I attended art therapy through my local hospital and found that it was a very helpful course of treatment. Some people have posted here about the benefits of drumming (on a tabla or other fairly quiet, portable drum) and bicycling - my outlet is photography and image processing. They are all probably having the same effect as meditation or mindfulness.

Well i like writing, so I do that sometimes.......I am also in college now, so that may keep my mind off some of the suicidal feelings. Though I am not sure my first day was today and I don't know quite how I feel about it yet.

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 12:15 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I am also in college now, so that may keep my mind off some of the suicidal feelings. Though I am not sure my first day was today and I don't know quite how I feel about it yet.

I hope you know where the student support services are, if you want to contact them, and perhaps to go and find out what sort of services they have in place.

Support for Asperger's and autism in third level education is so new where I am, but it does exist now and is apparently very good.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 12:24 am

markko wrote:
Suicide buys you a ticket straight to Hell. Who in their right mind thinks that God would openly accept someone into his kingdom for intentional ending the life that He graciously gave them. That's like receiving a gift from someone, immediately throwing it on the floor, and stomping it to pieces as they watched.

this is a hard concept for some folks, but sometimes a "gift" can be toxic to the recipient.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 12:57 am

dreamcaster85 wrote:
I just had that dream last night. But he came back again just before the dream ended :) so it was happier than previous dreams.

may i suggest to you, the book "Hello from Heaven"? it's a healing book for the bereaved.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 1:30 am

Puppygnu wrote:
I read some disturbing posts about some members considering suicide. If you find that you are thinking about suicide, this is a serious mental condition that requires immediate attention. You need to see a doctor immediately.

Sorry but I kinda had to roll my eyes at this when I read it. It kind of a no-duh statement.

The thing is OP, alot of us have gone through the process of reaching out for help. I've done it several times. The problem is however it's such a generic by-the-book process the way they help the suicidal. Suicide Prevention does not cure but is merely a distraction service until your mind is no longer obsessed with the idea of suicide. That sounds like a sucky operation in my book. I'm aware of the problems and the reasons for my suicidal thoughts and so do many others here. (It's not a mental condition but rather an aspect of depression). And I hate that there are few resources out there that actually assist people in dealing with the roots of wanting to kill yourself. And having Asperger's only adds to the difficulty. It's much more difficult to communicate to the psych what your problems are and what you want to work with. They're only paid to listen anyway, not advise.

I think the reason for so many suicide posts on WP is quite obvious. Asperger's can really make people suicidal. I mean considering what we have to struggle with everyday and the poor support we get from society I would like something more than a quick-fix distraction by a doctor. I want out of having AS for one and I want people in the outside world to stop being so freakin judgmental of me. Unfortunately you cant cure society so many of us do have a tendency to feel trapped and hate ourselves for what we cannot fix or deal with (even though the outside world insists we do) with suicide as the only way out in some cases.

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 8:29 am

raisedbyignorance wrote:
And I hate that there are few resources out there that actually assist people in dealing with the roots of wanting to kill yourself.

That starts with validating the wish to die, something that only one professional has ever done for me, and it was tremendously helpful to talk to someone who actually discussed the wish and the feelings that cause it.

Unfortunately, the suicide prevention programme here is organised by (and for) people bereaved by suicide, Christians motivated by a judgemental attitude and a hardy little band of professional careerists - I automatically distrust anyone who refers to the made-up discipline of "suicidology".

It is very hard to stand up to the feeling of never belonging, of having no social purpose in a society where social purpose is so valued, and of feeling it will never get better. The analytical mind is also forced to explain those bad feelings as feeling dirty, evil, sinful or whatever badness is in your own society / religion.

quesonrias
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jan 2011, 9:14 am

SaNcheNuSS wrote:

Unfortunately, there is no evidence to support your theory of what happens after suicide, as no one has ever been able to return to report on this. There are only theories and beliefs, not hard, concrete proof. Yes, we can say faith proves it, but try telling that to someone who has lost all faith - i.e. someone contemplating suicide.

Whatever the case, there are people who are in so much pain that this life and this world are not worth continuing in. Telling them that death is not the answer will not make them want to die any less. The answer is working to help them cope with the pain and find hope, a purpose, and happiness again.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RAADS-R: 187.0
Language: 15.0 • Social Relatedness: 81.0 • Sensory/Motor: 52.0 • Circumscribed Interests: 40.0

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 165 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 47 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

SaNcheNuSS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 8:32 am

Verdandi wrote:
SaNcheNuSS wrote:

I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. I write what is needed to be written and it is up for the reader to determine what to do with the information. I never offered any solutions in that post BUT if you want, I can offer solutions to their mental and emotional problems :-) You see, I am what they call a healer. A very GREAT healer and soon I will be showing people of my abilities. If you want to try and stop me from helping these kids you can but I can tell you that you will fail.