Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SaNcheNuSS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 10:16 am

It is so good that the people are now waking up in the Third World. This is going to cause a ripple effect. Look for other oppressed nations in the Third World to rise up :-)

The people are waking up. I set the alarm clocks.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 10:23 am

SaNcheNuSS wrote:
It is so good that the people are now waking up in the Third World. This is going to cause a ripple effect. Look for other oppressed nations in the Third World to rise up :-)

As soon as the dust settles they will come to the U.S. looking for money.

Or maybe they will go to China. Let China bear the burden for a change.

ruveyn

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 10:28 am

I approve. That arrogant bastard Mubarak thinks he has the right to defy the will of the people. I hope the protesters drag him kicking and screaming from his house.

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 10:31 am

ryan93 wrote:
I approve. That arrogant bastard Mubarak thinks he has the right to defy the will of the people. I hope the protesters drag him kicking and screaming from his house.

You were born out of time. You would have been great in the later phases of the French Revolution. They called it The Terror.

ruveyn

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 10:43 am

Quote:
You were born out of time. You would have been great in the later phases of the French Revolution. They called it The Terror.

True. I was exaggerating a bit, I wouldn't really like to see him dead. I don't even care if he is deported or not. But he does not own the country, the people do. He has no right to act on their behalf, when they don't want him to. If the Egyptians want him gone now, he HAS to go. It's not up to him. He doesn't get to decide to stay for a while, or put a string-puppet in power for him to control.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 11:26 am

SaNcheNuSS wrote:

I have yet to be persuaded that this is an exercise in popular uprising. I am still waiting to see which pots of money are driving this, and what the role of Iran, Syria and Hamas is in all of this.

The potential nightmare scenario is a Hamas-friendly government composed of Muslim Brotherhood supporters who open the border with Gaza, giving Iran relatively free access. The prospects of a Palestinian state will be put back by a decade or more, and the prospect of a shooting war will become significantly advanced.

Mubarak may have been a tyrant, but what is he being replaced with? Sometimes, truly, it is, "better the devil you know."

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 11:33 am

Quote:
The potential nightmare scenario is a Hamas-friendly government composed of Muslim Brotherhood supporters who open the border with Gaza, giving Iran relatively free access

The Muslim Brotherhood is supposedly only a small part of the protests; according to news reports the people are going for a secular society (although I know how the news often paints things).

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 11:45 am

If it effects the ever slowing oil supply, prices rise even more and more people are in poverty, which will also effect trading and prices in europe, yes it will get very messy.

On peak oil and the future of our economies.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Un7gI9ocvM[/youtube]

Amongst this Chaos are politicians, one of which Tony Blair once again trying to start a war. This time on Iran. Judge for yourself.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0I4n4saT8Y[/youtube]

ps, as many people are sure to think, i am just a mindless obsessive propaganda machine trying to get attention and believing things because they are not mainstream. Respect to those who choose to read between the lines and see what is going on.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

02 Feb 2011, 12:20 pm

These riots will come to the US one day soon

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 12:22 pm

If oil prices soar and food production is hit hard, it sure will.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 12:34 pm

Jacoby wrote:
These riots will come to the US one day soon

And I will bet you just cant wait.

By the way, we have enough coal in this country to cover any shortfall of oil and there will never be a food shortage in the U.S. in the short or medium run. The U.S. (actually all of civilized North America) is well endowed with natural resources and we don't need the middle east.

ruveyn

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 12:45 pm

there will be enough food but it could become more and more expensive to afford it. prices may go first, then production will possibly dip.

It is not a question of if but it is a question of when. In a couple years maybe? Maybe in 10 years? Who knows. Peak Oil passed over a decade ago.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 12:56 pm

PatrickNeville wrote:
there will be enough food but it could become more and more expensive to afford it. prices may go first, then production will possibly dip.

It is not a question of if but it is a question of when. In a years maybe? Maybe in 10 years? Who knows. Peak Oil passed over a decade ago.

Nuclear fission awaits, once we get the eco-phreaks out of the way.

ruveyn

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 12:59 pm

I am not in favour of standard fission but I have no problem with the arc-style reactor, which uses up practically all the fuel, leaving little waste.

That video i posted above called 'Collapse' has lots of good info, and covers a bit about nuclear. Most of the focus is on oil.

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 1:56 pm

fission is okay, I personally don't mind it but Ireland will never, ever build a fission reactor.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 2:00 pm

visagrunt wrote:
SaNcheNuSS wrote:

I have yet to be persuaded that this is an exercise in popular uprising. I am still waiting to see which pots of money are driving this, and what the role of Iran, Syria and Hamas is in all of this.

The potential nightmare scenario is a Hamas-friendly government composed of Muslim Brotherhood supporters who open the border with Gaza, giving Iran relatively free access. The prospects of a Palestinian state will be put back by a decade or more, and the prospect of a shooting war will become significantly advanced.

Mubarak may have been a tyrant, but what is he being replaced with? Sometimes, truly, it is, "better the devil you know."

I think West Bank may end up becoming an independent Palestinian State, because the government in West Bank hates Hamas to the point they're willing to work with Israel.