Page 1 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,156
Location: New Orleans, LA

09 Feb 2011, 6:42 pm

Image



Image



Image


_________________
Wherever they burn books they will also, in the end, burn human beings. ~Heinrich Heine, Almansor, 1823

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson


skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,156
Location: New Orleans, LA

09 Feb 2011, 6:49 pm

Image


_________________
Wherever they burn books they will also, in the end, burn human beings. ~Heinrich Heine, Almansor, 1823

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson


Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Age: 76
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,985

09 Feb 2011, 7:20 pm

Okay. It isn't videos.

Is this guy anybody?

Should we care?

Why should we care?

What was his point in making these posters?

What was your point posting his posters?



Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jun 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 828

09 Feb 2011, 7:22 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2YDq6FkVE[/youtube]



Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,316
Location: Omnipresent

09 Feb 2011, 7:49 pm

Philologos wrote:
Okay. It isn't videos.

Is this guy anybody?

Should we care?

Why should we care?

What was his point in making these posters?

What was your point posting his posters?

Well, Bill O'Reilly is a major talking head, and his comments are demonstrably very very stupid.



Ah_Q
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jun 2008
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 700
Location: The Freezer

09 Feb 2011, 8:08 pm

Philologos wrote:
Okay. It isn't videos.

Is this guy anybody?

Should we care?

Why should we care?

What was his point in making these posters?

What was your point posting his posters?

The guy is an asshat who says stupid things on a regular basis. The posters are making fun of him.


_________________
I live!


waltur
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2009
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 924
Location: california

09 Feb 2011, 9:14 pm

Philologos wrote:
Okay. It isn't videos.

Is this guy anybody?

Should we care?

Why should we care?

What was his point in making these posters?

What was your point posting his posters?


he's a political commentator on fox news. an enormous number of americans watch him and subscribe to his views. he has famously (and repeatedly) claimed that he believes in god and that people who don't are stupid because "the tides go in, the tides go out. you can't explain that."

seriously.

and this is one of the less ridiculously foolish fox commentators.

this is why we mock.


_________________
Waltur the Walrus Slayer,
Militant Asantist.
"BLASPHEMER!! !! !! !!" (according to AngelRho)


Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Age: 76
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,985

09 Feb 2011, 9:26 pm

Thanks for the insight. You can't tell the players without a scorecard.

Do not watch TV. Quit quite a while back.

If we did, we would likely not watch the news. Little of it new or useful.

If we did we would likely avoid the commentators - got sick of that while we still watched news before we dropped TV.

Very few are both interesting and astute - not too many are either interesting or astute. There was one guy on the public TV - but he moved out or was moved out.

On the same topic, there is apparently a successful program called the View - commentary from bunch including, I am reliably informed, Whoopi Goldberg - why did we not elect her president? - and the enchanting Babwa Wawa, whom I found irritating decades ago. My not too critical Oprah watching sister in law loves the show. There must be some cute posters on that one.



Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Aug 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,765
Location: Room 101

09 Feb 2011, 9:29 pm

Philologos wrote:
On the same topic, there is apparently a successful program called the View

That falls under the category of "prolefeed."


_________________
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH


waltur
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2009
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 924
Location: california

09 Feb 2011, 9:33 pm

Philologos wrote:
Thanks for the insight. You can't tell the players without a scorecard.

Do not watch TV. Quit quite a while back.

If we did, we would likely not watch the news. Little of it new or useful.

If we did we would likely avoid the commentators - got sick of that while we still watched news before we dropped TV.

Very few are both interesting and astute - not too many are either interesting or astute. There was one guy on the public TV - but he moved out or was moved out.

On the same topic, there is apparently a successful program called the View - commentary from bunch including, I am reliably informed, Whoopi Goldberg - why did we not elect her president? - and the enchanting Babwa Wawa, whom I found irritating decades ago. My not too critical Oprah watching sister in law loves the show. There must be some cute posters on that one.


i give up.


_________________
Waltur the Walrus Slayer,
Militant Asantist.
"BLASPHEMER!! !! !! !!" (according to AngelRho)


Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,316
Location: Omnipresent

09 Feb 2011, 9:34 pm

Actually, I heard about this from the Colbert report, which is a comedy news show. I don't see where you'd have an issue with comedy. Bill O'Reilly was very very mocked on that show, and has mocked twice already:

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colber ... asse-tyson

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v1SkpUqYj0[/youtube]

This has been spread across everywhere because the argument presented is just so bad, and Colbert is a very heavily watched comedian. I've heard of this just from reading blogs, not even television. So, really, don't blame us, stinky Philologos, because you like living in your culturally deprived hole where you solve linguistic crossword puzzles! We just find this funny!



Last edited by Awesomelyglorious on 09 Feb 2011, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waltur
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2009
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 924
Location: california

09 Feb 2011, 9:36 pm

Image

and this.



AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Feb 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,774
Location: Sean Penn, Cambodia

09 Feb 2011, 9:56 pm

waltur wrote:
Image

and this.
LMAAAOOOO



Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,573

09 Feb 2011, 9:59 pm

O RLY?


_________________
.


Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Age: 76
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,985

09 Feb 2011, 10:01 pm

Orwell wrote:
Philologos wrote:
On the same topic, there is apparently a successful program called the View

That falls under the category of "prolefeed."


Nice word - yours, in the air, or from your namesake? I can't remember.