Page 2 of 14 [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 10:17 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Look, I don’t understand all this anti-Palin vitriol....I’D VOTE FOR ELMER FUDD! if the Republicans nominated him
--Rush Limbaugh

The Republicans would stand a better chance if they nominated Elmer Fudd over Sarah Palin. Elmer Fudd is much more intelligent than Sarah Palin, and would certainly stand up better to Katy Couric and William O'Reilly.

In fact, the country and the world would be much better off with President Fudd compared to *ugh* President Palin.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 10:23 am

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Look, I don’t understand all this anti-Palin vitriol....I’D VOTE FOR ELMER FUDD! if the Republicans nominated him
--Rush Limbaugh

The Republicans would stand a better chance if they nominated Elmer Fudd over Sarah Palin. Elmer Fudd is much more intelligent than Sarah Palin, and would certainly stand up better to Katy Couric and William O'Reilly.

In fact, the country and the world would be much better off with President Fudd compared to *ugh* President Palin.

I don't know why you all are in love with this Fudd Fellow he admits to being secretly evil.
in Back in action.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 10:31 am

There are a lot of similarities between the two. Both like to hunt. Both talk funny. Both are loony. And, if Elmer had any kids, I'm pretty sure they'd be at risk for Down's Syndrome.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 12:46 pm

marshall wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
pandabear wrote:
There are people who still listen to that fat, cigar-smoking idiot?

Just like there are still people who watch that other fat idiot, you know, the one with the dirty ballcap that makes "documentaries" and occasionally struggles for political relevancy. Too many fat guys, that's the problem... :lol:

I'd wager more people listen to Rush then listen to Michael Moore.

That is cause Rush actually uses facts and isn't mentally deranged.

pandabear wrote:
There are a lot of similarities between the two. Both like to hunt. Both talk funny. Both are loony. And, if Elmer had any kids, I'm pretty sure they'd be at risk for Down's Syndrome.

That last part was way out of line, you can bash her fine but trashing her over the fact she has a son with Down Syndrome is despicable.

Quite frankly so what if she talks funny and likes to hunt, who really cares, you North Easterners and Californians talk funny.

Further as far as being loony, she is a lot less loony than some of the people on this board whom are criticizing her. At least she understands the concept of a balanced budget.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 12:50 pm

So, for what are conservatives criticizing her? Is it because she has a vagina, and women aren't supposed to get involved in politics? Is she soft on terrorism? Is it because she considers herself "tolerant of homosexuals?"

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 12:51 pm

pandabear wrote:

:lmao:

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 1:08 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
as far as being loony, she is a lot less loony than some of the people on this board whom are criticizing her.

In the above phrase, you should have used the word "who" rather than "whom".

And, no-one on this board is criticizing her. We are only remarking on the notable similarities between Mrs. Palin and Mr. Fudd. If anything, we're being a tad unfair to Mr. Fudd.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 1:16 pm

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
as far as being loony, she is a lot less loony than some of the people on this board whom are criticizing her.

In the above phrase, you should have used the word "who" rather than "whom".

:roll:
I couldn't care less about proper grammar in this instance, what's next you going to complain about my comma usage...

pandabear wrote:
And, no-one on this board is criticizing her. We are only remarking on the notable similarities between Mrs. Palin and Mr. Fudd. If anything, we're being a tad unfair to Mr. Fudd.

Well, that really reflects well on your intelligence then because she seems to be more intelligent than you are. For starters, you blatant dishonesty about no one here criticizing her, using juvenile name calling, etc. Then in the same post you do the exact same thing you just denied doing. Are you so arrogant that you can't get it through your head that Conservatives are not stupid, or are you just so stupid you don't even know what criticism or juvenile name calling mean?

You know if she was honestly as stupid as you and the mainstream media claim, the mainstream media wouldn't be going bananas every time she posts a twitter.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 1:23 pm

So, assuming that conservatives aren't stupid, what is the beef that conservatives have with Mrs. Palin?

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 1:25 pm

Is Rush simply a card carrying member of the one true (no questions allowed - convert or die - so to speak) political Church of God - the Republican Party - and will defend all Republicans like Palin and paint all Democrats as being godless heathens/barbarian Vikings?

- Politics, Philosophies, Religions, Radio Show Actors

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 1:26 pm

pandabear wrote:
So, assuming that conservatives aren't stupid, what is the beef that conservatives have with Mrs. Palin?

Has to do with the fact she doesn't fit the norm, and isn't considered by the "elite" to be intellectual cause she didn't go to Harvard or Yale.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 1:34 pm

marshall wrote:
Does it not even compute in people like you and Rush that Obama may just have a different idea of what is right for the country?.

That's a good point Marshall, and one I think you would do well to think about vis a vis your own interactions with people of other ideologies on this board. You rather routinely use personal insults and moral pronouncement against people who believe that a smaller government is better or who hold differing opinions on the appropriate levels of taxation and state welfare programs or who, god forbid, express a positive opinion of Ayn Rand. The vast majority of people hold their political opinions because they genuinely believe that they are the best way to go and the right thing to do, not because they're selfish or cruel or just want to be dicks.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 2:17 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Has to do with the fact she doesn't fit the norm, and isn't considered by the "elite" to be intellectual cause she didn't go to Harvard or Yale.

Really? That's all there is to it? President Bush attended both Harvard and Yale. Therefore, attending Harvard or Yale doesn't automatically qualify one to be among the "intellectual elite." President Bush probably doesn't even know the difference between "who" and "whom" either. You can only know this if you are among the "intellectual elite."

And you claim that Conservatives aren't "stupid?" If that's the best criticism that Conservatives can wield against Mrs. Palin, then the country is indeed doomed.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 2:21 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
she seems to be more intelligent than you are.

Actually, I did go a lot further in school than Mrs. Palin did. On the other hand, I wouldn't characterize my career path as having been nearly as successful as hers. On the other hand, neither have I yet turned myself into a national laughing stock.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 2:36 pm

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
she seems to be more intelligent than you are.

Actually, I did go a lot further in school than Mrs. Palin did. On the other hand, I wouldn't characterize my career path as having been nearly as successful as hers. On the other hand, neither have I yet turned myself into a national laughing stock.

:D

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 2:53 pm

Obama may or may not be destroying the country, but that wouldn't make Palin any less stupid, crazy nor evil than she is.

Love Rush' songs though.