What is this last judgment which the Bible talks about?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 8:07 am

What is this last judgment the Bible talks about? Does it occur in a courtroom somewhere like in Jerusalem, Israel? Is it held in a large, public football or basketball stadium? Is the public invited to attend or is it in a private, closed courtroom? Can a person be represented by a licensed attorney? How long do these trials/judgments last? 1 day? 1 week? 1 month? Other? What does the Bible itself say?

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 10:42 am

As I understand it, this is a cheerful time when the dead humans (there will be hundreds of trillions of us by then) all rise from our graves (I guess those who had been cremated will be a conglomeration of ashes, but most will be badly decomposed at best--some of us might be down to a few molecules--those of us who will have been eaten by whales will emerge as whale poop).

It will be in an extremely large public venue. Sorry, no attorneys--they'll all be going elsewhere, anyway.

Those of us who will have been baptized, and who believed that Jesus died for our sins, and who never blasphemed the holy spirit, will ascend into Heaven, which is located somewhere in outer space. There, we shall sing perpetual songs of praise to all three of God's persons.

Those of us who will not have been baptized, or who did not adhere to correct, wholesome and proper beliefs concerning the fact that Jesus died for our sins, or who blasphemed the holy spirit, will be consigned to a pit within the Earth's core, where they shall be eternally tortured, bullied, and made quite uncomfortable by Satan and his minions.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 10:57 am

pandabear wrote:
As I understand it, this is a cheerful time when the dead humans (there will be hundreds of trillions of us by then) all rise from our graves (I guess those who had been cremated will be a conglomeration of ashes, but most will be badly decomposed at best--some of us might be down to a few molecules--those of us who will have been eaten by whales will emerge as whale poop).

It will be in an extremely large public venue. Sorry, no attorneys--they'll all be going elsewhere, anyway.

Those of us who will have been baptized, and who believed that Jesus died for our sins, and who never blasphemed the holy spirit, will ascend into Heaven, which is located somewhere in outer space. There, we shall sing perpetual songs of praise to all three of God's persons.

Those of us who will not have been baptized, or who did not adhere to correct, wholesome and proper beliefs concerning the fact that Jesus died for our sins, or who blasphemed the holy spirit, will be consigned to a pit within the Earth's core, where they shall be eternally tortured, bullied, and made quite uncomfortable by Satan and his minions.

We will all get Glorious bodies like unto Christ.

ruveyn

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 12:35 pm

Oh cum now. They won't be that glorious. Are we all going to look the same, then?

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 1:53 pm

pgd wrote:
What is this last judgment the Bible talks about? Does it occur in a courtroom somewhere like in Jerusalem, Israel? Is it held in a large, public football or basketball stadium? Is the public invited to attend or is it in a private, closed courtroom? Can a person be represented by a licensed attorney? How long do these trials/judgments last? 1 day? 1 week? 1 month? Other? What does the Bible itself say?

Judgment Day topic

I wish the bible would have done something useful and judged PGD to be the scourge of humanity.

And then he would be PurGeD. :twisted:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

NobelCynic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 2:24 pm

sartresue wrote:
I wish the bible would have done something useful and judged PGD to be the scourge of humanity

I think we all know that. :)