Any Other Skeptics Excited About Theists Getting Raptured?

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

20 Mar 2011, 1:46 am

:D

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 2:03 am

If theists get raptured, then that means they were right all along, which means anyone left behind is about to be SOL on an epic scale.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 2:16 am

It'll be like we're playing one of those 'awesome' Left Behind PC games...

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

20 Mar 2011, 3:28 am

John_Browning wrote:
If theists get raptured, then that means they were right all along, which means anyone left behind is about to be SOL on an epic scale.

Or, ya know, they were only partially right, and we heathens will just be left in peace.

Or maybe we would have our own wars?

Allied Atheist Alliance vs United Atheist League vs United Atheist Alliance

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 8:05 am

Bethie wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

Or, ya know, they were only partially right, and we heathens will just be left in peace.

That would actually be interesting, the people in heaven would need something to watch right? Everyone knows reality T.V. is the epitome of entertainment.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 8:11 am

Bethie wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

Reminds of an incident.
My girlfriend sliced open a tomato- and lo and behold-there it was!
A life like portrait of a woman was inside the tomato.

She exclaimed OMG! Its the Virgin Marry.

But the portrait had a familiar look to me, so I cracked open an excyclopeadia,.
Sure enought the face in the tomato was virtually identiacal to that of a photo in the book of author Ayn Rand!

My girlfriend asked who Ayn Rand was. I replied that she was kinda the Atheist equivalent of the Virgin Mary.

News got out. Before long long lines of thousands of Atheists were lining up in front of the house to see the "miracle tomato" to restore their lack of faith. Several people fell on the ground and broke out into tongues.

But as the days wore one and the crowds waiting in line got bigger it started to get ugly. People started to breakout into fights because "the god I dont believe in is better than the god you dont believe in".

So we were forced to remove the object of adoration and just eat it.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 8:23 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Bethie wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

Reminds of an incident.
My girlfriend sliced open a tomato- and lo and behold-there it was!
A life like portrait of a woman was inside the tomato.

She exclaimed OMG! Its the Virgin Marry.

But the portrait had a familiar look to me, so I cracked open an excyclopeadia,.
Sure enought the face in the tomato was virtually identiacal to that of a photo in the book of author Ayn Rand!

My girlfriend asked who Ayn Rand was. I replied that she was kinda the Atheist equivalent of the Virgin Mary.

News got out. Before long long lines of thousands of Atheists were lining up in front of the house to see the "miracle tomato" to restore their lack of faith. Several people fell on the ground and broke out into tongues.

But as the days wore one and the crowds waiting in line got bigger it started to get ugly. People started to breakout into fights because "the god I dont believe in is better than the god you dont believe in".

So we were forced to remove the object of adoration and just eat it.

:lmao:

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 10:52 am

I wonder if this idea came from the Bible or somewhere else?

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 11:46 am

Bethie wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

:lol:

Eric Cartman: 2546

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 12:17 pm

Ahh, one of my favorite daydreams. That everyone (with perhaps a handful of exceptions) has left the planet, and I'm free to roam and play. Until the wolves, cougars, and feralized pets take over, at least. Or until I break a limb and die from infection or something.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 12:21 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
Ahh, one of my favorite daydreams. That everyone (with perhaps a handful of exceptions) has left the planet, and I'm free to roam and play. Until the wolves, cougars, and feralized pets take over, at least. Or until I break a limb and die from infection or something.

you just need an autodoc.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 3:26 pm

The Rapture is utter balderdash.

ruveyn

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 3:48 pm

ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Shhhh!! !! !

Some people are making a lot of money off of this "utter balderdash."

I wish I was one of them. :wink:

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 8:23 pm

pandabear wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Shhhh!! !! !

Some people are making a lot of money off of this "utter balderdash."

I wish I was one of them. :wink:

He may actually be referring to the fact that the rapture is mentioned nowhere in the Bible. It is a belief structured around the idea of "two (people) will be (present tense verb) in (place), one will be taken, and the other left" and the speed and stealth at which the return of the Lord is supposed to come.

But I doubt it.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 8:52 pm

Bethie wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

If the Christians get raptured then the atheists will get to have their way with the world, but if that happens, be careful what you wish for because you just might get it! :wink:

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 9:11 pm

The only way they'll be raptured is if they rapture themselves Jonestown style.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson