Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 5:46 am

loftyD
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Apr 2011, 7:26 am

UKIP aren't far right at all. I see no relation with UKIP to the BNP. UKIP are great.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 7:30 am

As is said here:

"The truth is that UKIP is a developing phenomenon which appeals to a variety of people in different areas. In some areas UKIP is backed mainly by formerly Thatcherite Tories, in some by working class Old Labour types and as is showed by YouGov's regular daily polls, the Party is repeatedly being shown to attract LibDem voters. They are not all attracted by the same narrow image or policy platform that these academics suppose they are. This is the defining difference that has seen UKIP break away from the "fringe" pack and attract a national vote share that the Green Party and BNP could only dream of."

loftyD

19 Apr 2011, 8:06 am

hmm. I read that. :) It's funny that I am a bit lefty, but UKIP seems to be the way forward for me, even tho they are righty. Weird haha :)

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 8:20 am

Why are you inclined towards UKIP? Is it the EU or is it the other policies that appeal?

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 8:20 am

Tequila I been out today while on a bus a seen the front page of today's Liverpool Daily Post, so I got a copy.
The Front story is about the Lib Dem here there being investigated by the police for election fraud.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpoo ... -28542760/

Warren Bradley was suspended from the Lib Dem's last nite on allegations of faking his son's signature.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

19 Apr 2011, 8:29 am

I very much enjoy Nigel Farage laying the verbal smackdown all over the EU.

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 8:29 am

I wouldn't touch UKIP with a barge pole. To me they BNP-Lite, the party of prejudice for racists in denial. Why anyone with Asperger's would want to align themselves with a party who openly admit that they want to take away your right to equal treatment is beyond me. :?

loftyD

19 Apr 2011, 8:47 am

Tequila: UKIP just match my values that I believe in really. I love European Culture but don't love the EU.

MotherKnowsBest: UKIP aren't a racist party at all. They stand for completely different values. Why do you think UKIP have been getting more votes than the BNP?

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 8:48 am

MotherKnowsBest wrote:
I wouldn't touch UKIP with a barge pole. To me they BNP-Lite, the party of prejudice for racists in denial. Why anyone with Asperger's would want to align themselves with a party who openly admit that they want to take away your right to equal treatment is beyond me. :?

Most of the public don't trust the three main parties over the last few years, so UKIP do have an opportunity to sit at the top table of UK politics.

Edit: Wait & see the local elections are the same day as the AV referendum, the locals might gage the mood of the voters on the big three.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 9:07 am

MotherKnowsBest wrote:
I wouldn't touch UKIP with a barge pole. To me they BNP-Lite, the party of prejudice for racists in denial.

Can you back up that assertion or is it just you smearing the opposition?

UKIP are nothing remotely like the BNP (from economic policies to social policies to integration policies to national identity policies) and I'm sure the Muslim members and candidates we have (one of the most popular candidates in east Lancashire, an area that has experienced its fair share of racial tension, is a Muslim) would be absolutely bewildered by the assertion that UKIP are racists in denial.

But I suppose wanting sovereignty over your own country and being able to set your own laws (like most other democratic nations) is 'racist'.

It just goes to show that the hysterical left are increasingly losing the argument. Can't say we're surprised.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 9:11 am

loftyD wrote:
Tequila: UKIP just match my values that I believe in really. I love European Culture but don't love the EU.

Got it in one. I absolutely love Continental Europe and wish I was there now instead of being stuck here. I want us to be good neighbours that co-operate and share friendly ties with one another rather than all being forced into one vast, undemocratic, culturally destructive bloc.

loftyD

19 Apr 2011, 9:49 am

I've been watching some of UKIP's videos, they do need to get rid of some MP's or (at least put them out of the public eye) , which lefties may say are "racist" or "nasty" that Tim/Tom Congleton or something like that comes to mind. The way some of UKIP's policies are expressed by some of their members may be interpreted as "racism" , "bigoted" ,"insert leftie word that demonises UKIP here".

Nigel Farage must stay as the leader of UKIP else I'm worried to say that people will think its racist. He has done a fine job in educating the British People stating UKIP is not racist.

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 10:06 am

loftyD wrote:
I've been watching some of UKIP's videos, they do need to get rid of some MP's or (at least put them out of the public eye) , which lefties may say are "racist" or "nasty" that Tim/Tom Congleton or something like that comes to mind. The way some of UKIP's policies are expressed by some of their members may be interpreted as "racism" , "bigoted" ,"insert leftie word that demonises UKIP here".

Nigel Farage must stay as the leader of UKIP else I'm worried to say that people will think its racist. He has done a fine job in educating the British People stating UKIP is not racist.

The same can be say about George Osborne, where was he on the PR for last year's election, no were cos the Tory's know he is a f*****g liability to them. They don't evey let him go toe to toe with Ed Balls on the media cos they know that Balls will nail the tosster good style.

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 10:23 am

UKIP is a party that plays on people's fear of Johnny Foreigner. Simple as that.

The EU was created to establish stability and prosperity in Europe and to avoid the mistakes of the past that led to nationalism and the most brutal wars the world has ever seen. It's done exactly what it says on the tin. Never before in the history of Europe has there been such an extended period of peace and prosperity as what we have enjoyed over the last 50 years. UKIP want to undo all that. Nigel Farage has already shown how he wants to interact with other European leaders, by being rude, immature and publicly insulting them. I'd rather have Ronald McDonald lead the country, he far less of a clown than Farage.

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 10:37 am

MotherKnowsBest wrote:
UKIP is a party that plays on people's fear of Johnny Foreigner. Simple as that.

The EU was created to establish stability and prosperity in Europe and to avoid the mistakes of the past that led to nationalism and the most brutal wars the world has ever seen. It's done exactly what it says on the tin. Never before in the history of Europe has there been such an extended period of peace and prosperity as what we have enjoyed over the last 50 years. UKIP want to undo all that. Nigel Farage has already shown how he wants to interact with other European leaders, by being rude, immature and publicly insulting them. I'd rather have Ronald McDonald lead the country, he far less of a clown than Farage.

I think you might be mistaken tho I need to refalre my knowledge of the history of European unity via research before I comment on that. Have you visited the European Commission & Parliament?
Because I have ten years ago & learnt a great deal about the EU works.