Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 12:03 pm

Okay, I'd like to seem some arguments on this matter. I know that the only source material we have are Gospels, many of which were written well after Jesus's supposed death. I'm just going to go around and assume Jesus Christ existed, because I've seen some arguments for the existence of a historical Jesus the seem convinicng (the invoking of the Principle of embarrassment).

But if we assume Jesus Christ existed because of the numerous embarrassing tantrums of his that are recorded in the New Testament and given his dramatic mood swings, is it reasonable to assume that Jesus Christ was severely Bipolar or Schizophrenic?

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 12:13 pm

Considering the fact Jesus apparently caused blind people to suddenly be able to see, caused people to rise from the dead, etc. it is safe to say that he was neither.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 12:14 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Considering the fact Jesus apparently caused blind people to suddenly be able to see, caused people to rise from the dead, etc. it is safe to say that he was neither.

Ignoring the dubious veracity of those miracles, why couldn't Satan give a severely Bipolar Schziphrenic does powers?

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 12:17 pm

Inuyasha wrote:

You should have underlined "apparently". Just cause that s**ts in a book, does not make it true ;)

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 12:25 pm

Jesus was barking mad thinking he was the only begotten Son of God.

ruveyn

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 12:31 pm

ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Uh if God created Jesus in Mary's womb, then yeah he is technically the son of God, from a legal standpoint...

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 12:32 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Uh if God created Jesus in Mary's womb, then yeah he is technically the son of God, from a legal standpoint...

And if my mother still had her cherry she would be a virgin.

ruveyn

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 12:38 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Ignoring the dubious veracity of those miracles, why couldn't Satan give a severely Bipolar Schziphrenic does powers?

MMM why would his brother give him powers then? (If your studied Mormonism then you will understand why am refering to Satan as Jesus' brother) Are bipolar & schizophrenia the only options on the menu here.

Do you what to add Jesus' visit to the Nephites in 3rd Nephi in the Book of Mormon, or is that a 'work of fiction'?

Last edited by cdfox7 on 22 Apr 2011, 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 12:45 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

They should have done a paternity test. Maybe they'd find Jesus was heterozygous for the "Balls-to-the-Walls f*****g crazy infanticidal narcissist" gene, so that'd be a good indication he was the son of God. Or Maybe Jesus, Mary, Joseph and God should appear of Jerry Springer...

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 12:45 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

And if my mother still had her cherry she would be a virgin.

ruveyn

Considering God is all-powerful, he could just say Mary was going to have a son, and she ends up having a son all without losing her virginity because she had never had sex.

I mean seriously, we have a being that created the entire universe and you're saying that God then can't create a child from scratch...

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 1:25 pm

Inuyasha wrote:

I mean seriously, we have a being that created the entire universe and you're saying that God then can't create a child from scratch...

Then why bother having reproduction?

ruveyn

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 2:00 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

ruveyn

Because God created Jesus so that Jesus could understand humans, and you can't understand humans without a frame of reference. In other words, Jesus had to experience life as a human.

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 2:39 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

ruveyn

Because God created Jesus so that Jesus could understand humans, and you can't understand humans without a frame of reference. In other words, Jesus had to experience life as a human.

Why not just create him knowing everything about humans? Doesn't the Trinity imply Jesus=God, and God=Omnipotent, so Jesus=Omnipotent? So why go through all the nastyness of God killing himself, to prove a point...to himself, to forgive sins that he declared we all have. Because crime works like that; I can walk into a prison, swap places with a rapist, and let him loose.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 4:02 pm

ryan93 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

ruveyn

Why not just create him knowing everything about humans? Doesn't the Trinity imply Jesus=God, and God=Omnipotent, so Jesus=Omnipotent? So why go through all the nastyness of God killing himself, to prove a point...to himself, to forgive sins that he declared we all have. Because crime works like that; I can walk into a prison, swap places with a rapist, and let him loose.

Knowing as an abstract concept is different from experiencing. As I said common frame of reference.

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 4:14 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
ryan93 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

ruveyn

Knowing as an abstract concept is different from experiencing. As I said common frame of reference.

For humans, yes. For an Omnipotent God, absolutely not. An all knowing God knows all, including knowing what subjective feeling feels like.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2011, 4:41 pm

ryan93 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
ryan93 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

ruveyn

For humans, yes. For an Omnipotent God, absolutely not. An all knowing God knows all, including knowing what subjective feeling feels like.

So he is all knowing, but... he doesn't know everything? :? :D