Do you feel safer now that bin Laden is gone for good?

Page 1 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 5:16 pm

So folks, what do you think now that OBL is out of the picture?

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 5:43 pm

No. He has been retired. There can only be trouble. This isn't like Basayev or Khattab who were really formidable and when they died it actually calmed things down. Then again, we in North America wasn't attacked by Bin Laden as frequently as Khattab and Basayev attacked Russia.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 5:45 pm

No. Not one bit. Not one ibby-dabby-dozy bit. It means absolutely nothing. The War on Terrrr charade must go on. There's populations to scare.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 5:48 pm

It's better that one who attacked America's mainland was finally hunted down, and hopefully will serve as an example to the other rich jerks who would indoctrinate and train people to kill the innocent.

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 5:51 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

Bin Laden becoming a martyr for the islamic extremism, doesn't look that the world is safer than it was before, because of that. Also, US embassies in many countries became worried about potential attacks.

Also, he was one guy that someone else can take his place, it isn't as no one else is capabable to do or be whatever he was or did.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 5:58 pm

I wasn't afraid of OBL in the first place.

On the grand scale of war, 9/11 was a bee sting, and our risk of attack after it was the same as the risk of attack before it. Perhaps lower.

We overreacted and made things worse.

I'm more afraid of Dick Cheney than i ever was of Osama bin Laden.

YourMother
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 5:58 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

:lol:

Are you serious? Firstly, it doesn't sound like he's dead to me, either that or he's been dead for ages, not that he probably ever had much to do with what went on anyway, and secondly, this whole thing will make Islamic extremists REALLY REALLY ANGRY. You're fukt, America.

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 6:15 pm

YourMother wrote:
Firstly, it doesn't sound like he's dead to me, either that or he's been dead for ages,

He is having a party with Elvis Presley and John Lennon, who are hidden underground. People stop bugging you once they think you're dead ;)

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 6:16 pm

blunnet wrote:
YourMother wrote:
Firstly, it doesn't sound like he's dead to me, either that or he's been dead for ages,

He is having a party with Elvis Presley and John Lennon, who are hidden underground. People stop bugging you once they think you're dead ;)

Hoffa is down there too. They run a wholesale factory down in Nicaragua that sells various conspiracy memorabilia and provide almost 90% of Alex Jones' funding

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 6:27 pm

Vigilans wrote:
blunnet wrote:
YourMother wrote:

Hoffa is down there too. They run a wholesale factory down in Nicaragua that sells various conspiracy memorabilia and provide almost 90% of Alex Jones' funding
zomg conspiracy theories funding a conspiracy. Sounds like an Inception sequel. A dream within a dream involving conspiracy theories funding a conspiracy.

Anyways, I think people are being pretty pessimistic about this. Yes, this isn't going to magically put an end to terrorism, which is why the Nirvana fallacy is a fallacy. But he's been held responsible for his actions so that's good.

psychohist
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 7:25 pm

I'll feel safer if it causes the invasions of privacy of the PATRIOT act to be repealed.

Other than that, no. Bin Laden hasn't had any significant impact on terrorism for years. The important international terrorism players now as to some extent Zawahiri, but mostly AQAP.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

03 May 2011, 7:49 pm

Not at all. His death is merely symbolic and doesn't change anything.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 7:57 pm

psychohist wrote:
I'll feel safer if it causes the invasions of privacy of the PATRIOT act to be repealed.

Other than that, no. Bin Laden hasn't had any significant impact on terrorism for years. The important international terrorism players now as to some extent Zawahiri, but mostly AQAP.

QFT

RedHanrahan
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 9:08 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
It's better that one who attacked America's mainland was finally hunted down, and hopefully will serve as an example to the other rich jerks who would indoctrinate and train people to kill the innocent.

The irony in this statement is absolutely astounding, god is love seig heil! seig heil! seig heil.....

What vision is left? And is anyone asking?

Have a great day!

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 9:11 pm

RedHanrahan wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

The irony in this statement is absolutely astounding, god is love seig heil! seig heil! seig heil.....

What's ironic is that you keep talking about the irony at rejoicing at the death of a mass murderer and yet you give every indication that you hate the living.

RedHanrahan
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 9:19 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
RedHanrahan wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

What's ironic is that you keep talking about the irony at rejoicing at the death of a mass murderer and yet you give every indication that you hate the living.

No fool, I hate the killing, I never rejoice in anothers death anyone who does not grasp that war begets war unless someone excercises the presence of mind and the humility to break the cycle.
You on the other hand profes christian values while espousing opinions that fly in contradiction to them.

"thou shalt not kill" - aparently the direct instruction of your god, no qualifiers, simple and plain, 'thou shalt not kill' period.

How you and your muppet hate club buddies think this can end in any way other than ugly is beyond me.

What vision is left? And is anyone asking?

Have a great day!