Page 12 of 18 [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next

Zeno
Veteran
Veteran

Zeno
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 2:55 am

Their provocations are becoming bolder. They have actually physically entered a bank en masse to force the issue. To get the validity they crave, it will be necessary to ratchet up the ante to put on more daring and possibly more violent displays. The police in their riot gear and with their horses actually only adds to the delectable drama as these otherwise bored and unemployable deadbeats revel in their delusions of grandeur. As cold weather approaches and the number of arrests rise, I expect the situation to deteriorate.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 3:22 pm

Zeno wrote:
Their provocations are becoming bolder. They have actually physically entered a bank en masse to force the issue. To get the validity they crave, it will be necessary to ratchet up the ante to put on more daring and possibly more violent displays. The police in their riot gear and with their horses actually only adds to the delectable drama as these otherwise bored and unemployable deadbeats revel in their delusions of grandeur. As cold weather approaches and the number of arrests rise, I expect the situation to deteriorate.

Your characterization of whom the protesters are is not accurate for the majority of them.

Zeno
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 6:05 pm

LKL wrote:
Your characterization of whom the protesters are is not accurate for the majority of them.

I would agree but it is the exceptional few who will decide how the Occupy Wall Street protests will be characterized. Some of these people really do believe that corporations are evil and that capitalism has failed. Is there anything you think these radicals will not do? Even if most have peaceful intentions, when the police is forced by the actions of a few to respond, what do you think the reaction of the crowd will be?

Zeno
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2011, 8:05 am

Quote:
Antiwar activist Cindy Sheehan, whose son was killed in the Iraq war, was among about 20 people arrested in Sacramento early Sunday after failing to follow police orders to disperse.

In Washington, author, commentator, civil rights activist and Princeton University professor Cornel West was arrested while protesting on the steps of the Supreme Court about corporate influence in politics, a legal advisor to the protesters said.

The diversity is striking. The only thing binding these people together is the opportunity to take their "grievances" public. Without an avenue that makes civil disobedience seem so cool, there would be no reason for such a disparate group to gather.

Zeno
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2011, 6:07 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/rig ... _blog.html

This is very funny. :D A couple of years ago, in a thread of the same title on this board that was deleted by pricks-against-freedom, I wrote about how Jewish domination of the financial system would become a problem. The statement that Jews were heavily represented in finance was enough to send some people over the edge and the suggestion that certain groups would look to use Jewish success in finance against them led to charges that I was a racist.

As a former banker serving the sub-prime mortgage industry, I can attest that almost all the major players in the industry were Jewish. From the originators, packagers and distributors of now toxic sub-prime products and securities, Jews were the dominant players. And having spent time investigating the alleged plutocratic conspiracy theories mostly revolving around how a small elite is hell bent on enslaving the world through their control and manipulation of the financial system, it has long come to my attention that certain fringe, extremist groups are spreading the mantra that the destruction of the American way of life is the result of Judeo-Capitalism. Many of the ideas promoted by Occupy Wall Street have in fact been expressed in various forms years ago by White supremacist movements. Even relatively benign ideas like reforming the banking system to make it more stable can be very useful to the extremists because it turns people against the system.

But now that Barrack Obama has endorsed the Occupy Wall Street movement, can we still say that many of the people who promote the idea that the financial industry is corrupt and corrupting are actually racial extremists whose real agenda is to cleanse America of undesirables?

Tadzio
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2011, 6:20 pm

Zeno wrote:

Don't worry, the next U.S.A. General Douglas MacArthur won't have any short-sighted
Truman to stop him in his desires to make the entire World occidental.

Tadzio

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2011, 6:59 pm

Zeno wrote:
As a former banker serving the sub-prime mortgage industry, I can attest that almost all the major players in the industry were Jewish. From the originators, packagers and distributors of now toxic sub-prime products and securities, Jews were the dominant players. And having spent time investigating the alleged plutocratic conspiracy theories mostly revolving around how a small elite is hell bent on enslaving the world through their control and manipulation of the financial system, it has long come to my attention that certain fringe, extremist groups are spreading the mantra that the destruction of the American way of life is the result of Judeo-Capitalism. Many of the ideas promoted by Occupy Wall Street have in fact been expressed in various forms years ago by White supremacist movements. Even relatively benign ideas like reforming the banking system to make it more stable can be very useful to the extremists because it turns people against the system.

No gentiles in the business? I suspect you were too busy counting Jews and you failed to count the gentiles as well. Furthermore you have not counted the Jews who have nothing to do with the banking or financial trade. You know, the Jews who are too busy inventing new physics and mathematics and making major advances in medicine. Those Jews.

ruveyn

number5
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2011, 7:54 pm

Zeno wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/post/occupy-wall-street-does-anyone-care-about-the-anti-semitism/2011/03/29/gIQA43p8rL_blog.html

This is very funny. :D A couple of years ago, in a thread of the same title on this board that was deleted by pricks-against-freedom, I wrote about how Jewish domination of the financial system would become a problem. The statement that Jews were heavily represented in finance was enough to send some people over the edge and the suggestion that certain groups would look to use Jewish success in finance against them led to charges that I was a racist.

But now that Barrack Obama has endorsed the Occupy Wall Street movement, can we still say that many of the people who promote the idea that the financial industry is corrupt and corrupting are actually racial extremists whose real agenda is to cleanse America of undesirables?

Your first sentence was accurate (at least I had a good laugh). The rest explains most of your previous posts (paranoid fantasies based from bigoted ideology). Maybe Stephen will share his atone phone line with you so that the Jews may call you personally to apologize for their shortcomings. "Judeo-Capitalism" lol.

Zeno
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2011, 8:41 pm

Ahh... here we go again. Anyone who says that Jews are heavily and disproportionately represented in the financial services industry is labelled a racist even though he speaks the truth. How it came about that a banking and financial system which had been dominated by White Anglo Saxon Protestants elites ended up succumbing to Jewish control is of great interest to me not least because the narratives of the White Supremacists tend to use ideas surrounding Judeo-Capitalism with great effect. Let’s just say, for the time being, that the myths about Jewish intellect as an explanation for why Jews win employment on Wall Street (already introduced obliquely by a few people here) is actually very offensive because it suggests that other ethnic groups like Blacks, Hispanics and Whites are more stupid.

Asians too have a representation on Wall Street that exceeds their proportion of the general population, but the over-representation is not quite as dramatic. And Asian faces are increasingly needed as Wall Street seeks both investible opportunities and investors from Asia. Nonetheless, if the Occupy Wall Street movement grows and develops in the direction it appears to be heading towards, I do not think that Asians in America can escape the maelstrom.

But fret not, there is hope. The Anti Defamation League has swung into action and major news media outlets throughout the country have begun to denigrate the Occupy Wall Street protests. It remains to be seen if the “persecution” will hurt the movement or help it.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2011, 3:58 am

Jews and Asians are over-represented in any field that requires a great deal of learning and intelligence, because Jewish and Asian families give a damn about education and intelligence and too many Waspy families don't.

Zeno
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2011, 7:12 am

I do not know about other fields, but I can tell you that Jewish and Asian over-representation in finance has nothing to do with their supposed intellects or love of learning. Finance is really not that difficult. In 2008/9 after the collapse of Lehman, thousands of bankers were made redundant. New Jersey actually came up with a program to train ex-bankers to become needed math teachers, but they had to pass a test. After a few months of classes, many of the former finance professionals who signed up did not make the grade. Basically, they were able to succeed as vice-presidents of an investment bank but could not qualify to teach middle school math. So really, it is not an IQ thing. There are other less savory reasons why these groups succeed.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2011, 9:51 am

Zeno wrote:
I do not know about other fields, but I can tell you that Jewish and Asian over-representation in finance has nothing to do with their supposed intellects or love of learning. Finance is really not that difficult. In 2008/9 after the collapse of Lehman, thousands of bankers were made redundant. New Jersey actually came up with a program to train ex-bankers to become needed math teachers, but they had to pass a test. After a few months of classes, many of the former finance professionals who signed up did not make the grade. Basically, they were able to succeed as vice-presidents of an investment bank but could not qualify to teach middle school math. So really, it is not an IQ thing. There are other less savory reasons why these groups succeed.

The World Wide Conspiracy of Jews? Have you been reading -The Protocols....- again?

ruveyn

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2011, 4:28 pm

Zeno wrote:

do you have a citation for this story?

Zeno
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2011, 6:07 pm

LKL wrote:
Zeno wrote:

do you have a citation for this story?

It was widely reported in the Tri-State area but mostly as a human interest story that chronicled what former bankers did after their careers had been prematurely cut short. For a while after Lehman’s bankruptcy, journalists were almost gleeful that their banker acquaintances were suddenly in the same precarious financial position as they were. There was story after story of what ex-bankers did with their lives after banking and the outcomes can be quite surprising (think taxi service and ice cream parlour). But by the end of 2009 when it became apparent that many of the former bankers, who had been regarded by their peers as the natural commandos of their generation, were simply unable to recover from their career setback, meaning that they were not as smart or as capable as others had thought them to be, scorn turned to reluctant pity and the flow of stories of how pathetic these people actually are came to an end. You might be able to pull the story I referenced if you have access to Factiva or some other news aggregator.

Zeno
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2011, 6:32 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/n ... 619110.stm

Check out what Mikey is saying. In many ways Michael Moore is a vanguard of the anti-corporatist and anti-capitalist movement having actually staged and filmed his own solo protests of Wall Street years ago when the American financial crisis first broke out. There are several things to note:

a) He is incoherent
b) He believes that capitalism is evil
c) He states that there is a lot more to come in the OWS movement
d) He has obliquely justified rough tactics

As Moore is an insider who is probably viewed as a hero figure by just about everyone in the incredibly diverse OWS movement, it would be wise to take what he says seriously. If OWS has a leader of spokesman, that would be Michael Moore.