Page 4 of 19 [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2011
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,128

01 Jul 2011, 11:59 am

Learn to grow and store potatoes, along with other veggies.
Keeping a garden is good for your health, whatever the future may hold.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 30,430
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

01 Jul 2011, 1:29 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Well considering everything seems to point towards sh*t hitting the fan sometime fairly soon.......I think sh*t is going to hit the fan pretty quick. this will probably sound insane but this coming presidential election is a joke, an absolute joke that I cannot belive anyone could possibly fall for. Many are denying the reality that the world is running out of enough resources to sustain the worlds population.....we all know its there but how many actually think about it, its threatening to think about so not very many. 1% of the population owns most of the wealth, and they are screwing most of us over to keep it that way. Oh and then there is the war on drugs, I wont go into that here but lets just say that ties in with so much corruption so it is fairly significant. So should riots take place I don't think I will be opposed to it.


It is the Great Unwashed that gives consent to this madness in the democracies.

ruveyn


I am not quite sure what you mean by that.



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 83
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,726
Location: New Jersey

01 Jul 2011, 2:57 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:

I am not quite sure what you mean by that.


The everyday garden variety stupid voter and stupid non-voter. The Great Unwashed Public. It takes wide spread consent to produce the political abortions we live under in the democracies.

ruveyn



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 30,430
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

01 Jul 2011, 3:07 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

I am not quite sure what you mean by that.


The everyday garden variety stupid voter and stupid non-voter. The Great Unwashed Public. It takes wide spread consent to produce the political abortions we live under in the democracies.

ruveyn


Yes that is true.



Zeno
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 690
Location: Singapore

04 Jul 2011, 6:02 am

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-h ... 343.column

Cut costs and outsource to an American firm and you still become evil reincarnate. Some day all Americans will realize that it was the unions that hollowed out the country with their never ending demands for a more luxuriant life. It is only Americans who do not know that what constitutes for "middle-class" in America would be unattainable luxury elsewhere in most parts of the world.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 30,430
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

04 Jul 2011, 12:37 pm

Zeno wrote:
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hiltzik-20110703,0,1163343.column

Cut costs and outsource to an American firm and you still become evil reincarnate. Some day all Americans will realize that it was the unions that hollowed out the country with their never ending demands for a more luxuriant life. It is only Americans who do not know that what constitutes for "middle-class" in America would be unattainable luxury elsewhere in most parts of the world.


I really do not think the unions alone are to blame for the current state of the economy, maybe some of those people high up in the corporate world have something to do with it as well......Oh and the fact this system was doomed to fail just like everything else has failed in the past.



marshall
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,000
Location: Turkey

04 Jul 2011, 12:44 pm

ruveyn wrote:
marshall wrote:
I don't know. Maybe mass suffering on a large scale will be the end of the blight of social darwinism and "rugged individualism" :roll: so prevelent among the McMansion living middle classes. Idiots don't realize how spoiled we are. I long for the time when families actually had to work together as a community.


Are you advocating enforced association?

If a person wants to cut himself off from the community he is free to do so and there is no legal impediment to doing so. As long as he/she does not violate the law, all is well.

ruveyn


If you want to go native and prowl through the woods wearing fig leaves and eating berries, be my guest. The thing is when s**t hits the fan people living in a civilized society are forced to work together as a community. When a river threatens to overtake an entire town, everyone gets busy laying sand bags. Any able bodied person who lives in the flood zone yet refuses to contribute is an incredible prick who deserves to have his house bulldozed to the ground. f**k the selfish f***s.



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 83
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,726
Location: New Jersey

04 Jul 2011, 1:44 pm

marshall wrote:

If you want to go native and prowl through the woods wearing fig leaves and eating berries, be my guest. The thing is when sh** hits the fan people living in a civilized society are forced to work together as a community. When a river threatens to overtake an entire town, everyone gets busy laying sand bags. Any able bodied person who lives in the flood zone yet refuses to contribute is an incredible prick who deserves to have his house bulldozed to the ground. f**k the selfish f****.


If both your kid and a neighbor's kid were both drowning and you could only save one, which child would you save? Ah... I thought so. So don't tell me about selfish. It is hypocritical.

ruveyn



marshall
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,000
Location: Turkey

04 Jul 2011, 2:03 pm

ruveyn wrote:
marshall wrote:

If you want to go native and prowl through the woods wearing fig leaves and eating berries, be my guest. The thing is when sh** hits the fan people living in a civilized society are forced to work together as a community. When a river threatens to overtake an entire town, everyone gets busy laying sand bags. Any able bodied person who lives in the flood zone yet refuses to contribute is an incredible prick who deserves to have his house bulldozed to the ground. f**k the selfish f****.


If both your kid and a neighbor's kid were both drowning and you could only save one, which child would you save? Ah... I thought so. So don't tell me about selfish. It is hypocritical.

ruveyn

Non-rebuttal. Sorry, please try again.



AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Feb 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,774
Location: Sean Penn, Cambodia

04 Jul 2011, 2:05 pm

Zeno wrote:
The AK-47 packs quite a punch. There are many other weapons that have longer range and accuracy, but most of them, especially the American designed ones, require a lot of maintenance to keep them in good working order. AK-47s have been proven to withstand an incredible amount of abuse so it is something that you can buy and forget until such time when you might need it. You cannot really hide or disguise an AK-47 so the gun is not very popular with the gangster crowd and since it is not as powerful as say the M16 the drug cartels tend to also give it a miss. You might say that ownership of an AK-47 is legitimate in this sense.
What? I don't know where you heard that from, but both AK's and M16's are popular choices for rifles among gang bangers. But yeah rifles aren't as concealable or accessible (it's quicker to pull a pistol out from your hip than it is to run to the trunk of your car) so pistols and revolvers are the norm If I needed 7.62x39mm though I can just get an AR-15 upper that fires the cartridge.

I'll take the AR-15's lightweight, DI system, in line stock, moddability, and accuracy over the reliability of the AK-47 any day. .223 is good enough for me as long as I have a barrel that is at least 18 inches long and they're in hollow points. I think a lot of people underestimate the reliability of the AR-15 because its reputation from Vietnam still hasn't died down.

But anyways, I'd still take a TAR-21 over both of em along with an M14 for big game and more firepower where it is needed.



marshall
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,000
Location: Turkey

04 Jul 2011, 2:15 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
But anyways, I'd still take a TAR-21 over both of em along with an M14 for big game and more firepower where it is needed.

I don't know much about guns but I was under the impression that all legal civilian rifles are only semi-automatic. If you can't use automatic bursts or continuous suppressive fire, then might as well go with something that has a more powerful and accurate single shot.



AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Feb 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,774
Location: Sean Penn, Cambodia

04 Jul 2011, 2:54 pm

marshall wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
But anyways, I'd still take a TAR-21 over both of em along with an M14 for big game and more firepower where it is needed.

I don't know much about guns but I was under the impression that all legal civilian rifles are only semi-automatic. If you can't use automatic bursts or continuous suppressive fire, then might as well go with something that has a more powerful and accurate single shot.
Well the .223 is good enough for me when it comes to stopping power. Hollow points and a barrel that is at least 18 inches long will ensure that it has enough velocity to fragment at longer ranges. The main reason I prefer a TAR-21 is because its bullpup design allows it to have an 18 inch barrel and a shorter overall length so it has the high velocity as well as the compactness. It is ergonomic, well balanced in terms of weight distribution, lightweight, reliable and accurate so it kicks the asses of both AKs and AR-15s imo since it has the best of both worlds plus the bullpup design which has been implemented excellently.

I'm just not too fond of the 7.62x39mm since it has neither high power nor high velocity. So if I want to go for something more powerful, I would much rather go balls deep and get a .308. Also, suppressing fire can still be done with semi auto. It doesn't cover an area as quickly, but I am most likely gonna lay down suppressing fire towards an area that isn't too covered or concealed so I think semi-auto would be good enough. I know a dude who has been to Afghanistan and semi auto is also used there for suppressing fire.



RedHanrahan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Sep 2007
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,215
Location: Aotearoa/New Zealand

04 Jul 2011, 3:52 pm

Oh dear, another game of soggy biscuit over firearms... :roll: what exactly has it to do with PPR?

peace j


_________________
Just because we can does not mean we should.

What vision is left? And is anyone asking?

Have a great day!


AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Feb 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,774
Location: Sean Penn, Cambodia

04 Jul 2011, 4:29 pm

RedHanrahan wrote:
Oh dear, another game of soggy biscuit over firearms... :roll: what exactly has it to do with PPR?

peace j
I'm surprised you haven't been banned yet with all the flame baiting you've brought into PPR.



RedHanrahan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Sep 2007
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,215
Location: Aotearoa/New Zealand

04 Jul 2011, 4:39 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
RedHanrahan wrote:
Oh dear, another game of soggy biscuit over firearms... :roll: what exactly has it to do with PPR?

peace j
I'm surprised you haven't been banned yet with all the flame baiting you've brought into PPR.


'Flame baiting' = opinion I can't tolerate or repudiate... Feel free to take it to the moderators but remember it every time you join in a little dumping session on others and your questionable 'location' surely the implied 'anal rape' is inappropriate as an attachment to all your posts outside of the adults forum?


_________________
Just because we can does not mean we should.

What vision is left? And is anyone asking?

Have a great day!