Page 2 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 12:23 am

Master_Pedant wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:
It's not that it is difficult. It's just a bit tedious to me.

I was refering to the tedium. One acclimatizes to the tedium. Indeed, the tedium delayed me a bit, I would've posted early had Photobucket been less tedious. But I guess I have a higher marginal valuation of posting online, group/individual descriptive graphs than you.

....... Obviously. When you are at something, you are obsessed. Really really obsessed.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 12:30 am

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:

I was refering to the tedium. One acclimatizes to the tedium. Indeed, the tedium delayed me a bit, I would've posted early had Photobucket been less tedious. But I guess I have a higher marginal valuation of posting online, group/individual descriptive graphs than you.

....... Obviously. When you are at something, you are obsessed. Really really obsessed.

More so then you? Or, given this forum, more so than even Median Aspies?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 12:31 am

I thought the Libertarians were mostly right-leaning.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 12:40 am

Awesomelyglorious wrote:

Here. Here you go. Solve everything about me for you, yet?

Actually, given that I've always thought the Harm Principle was something (right) libertarians would admire, I find the lowness on your "harm" scale pretty low.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 12:42 am

Ok, this is the quiz people are talking about. I am still trying to look over what it is supposed to prove, but I take my score as a sign of superiority just the same. It shows a higher flexibility cognitively.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 12:47 am

Master_Pedant wrote:
Actually, given that I've always thought the Harm Principle was something (right) libertarians would admire, I find the lowness on your "harm" scale pretty low.

Actually, studies show that libertarians come out relatively low everywhere on that scale. On every metric, libertarians score lower than other groups, which has pushed researchers to look for other metrics for determining a libertarian moral disposition.

I took the test awhile ago, and cannot re-examine the test questions at this point without effort, as it is not allowing retakes, so I can't actually determine what the exact objection for this matter is.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 12:49 am

Master_Pedant wrote:
More so then you? Or, given this forum, more so than even Median Aspies?

More so than me, more so than anybody I have seen on this forum. I mean, some days it seems ridiculous, as we have posters who seemingly lack the ability to think things out, and here you go off referencing writings posted 2 years ago on this forum that you dug up, etc.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 12:54 am

Awesomelyglorious wrote:

We need to start a club for open conscientious disagreeable neurotics.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 12:56 am

It really sucks that there isn't a Canadian version of this study (I mean, there's some Canadian participants such as yours truly, but those results aren't organized by Canada's various political parties).

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 1:03 am

marshall wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:

I am quite disappointed over how low my conscientiousness rating is. I can't recall all the specific questions, but I think it has something to do with how narrow my area of attention tends to be. I'll be writing, thinking, or evaluating something and forget to take a shower or lose track of the the week, which probably depressed my score.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 1:08 am

Master_Pedant wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:

Tolerance to tedium is relative to whether one feels there exists a more worthwhile/stimulating/enjoyable activity at the given moment.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 1:11 am

marshall wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:

Tolerance to tedium is relative to whether one feels there exists a more worthwhile/stimulating/enjoyable activity at the given moment.

Which was what I was trying to get at with my "marginal valuation" comment.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 1:18 am

Master_Pedant wrote:
marshall wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:

I am quite disappointed over how low my conscientiousness rating is. I can't recall all the specific questions, but I think it has something to do with how narrow my area of attention tends to be. I'll be writing, thinking, or evaluating something and forget to take a shower or lose track of the the week, which probably depressed my score.

I probably have a desire bias. I'm more conscientious in theory than in practice. Openness is good, but I want to work on being less agreeable and less neurotic. I'm thinking if I express my disagreeableness more IRL instead of letting it get pent up to the point of explosion I would be less neurotic.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 1:55 am

marshall wrote:

I don't find this to work out so well. After all, boredom is the existence of a state of tedium often WITHOUT the belief in a better activity.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 2:03 am

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
marshall wrote:

I don't find this to work out so well. After all, boredom is the existence of a state of tedium often WITHOUT the belief in a better activity.

That's what I'd call Sisyphusian depression (the idea that life itself is tedious and unfulfilling), not simple boredom.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 8:58 am

marshall wrote:
That's what I'd call Sisyphusian depression (the idea that life itself is tedious and unfulfilling), not simple boredom.

I didn't say LIFE was tedious. I said moments when nothing better exists, BUT boredom exists. These do happen! These moments happen to children during the summer, as they run out of steam on things they wanted to do. They happen to me way too often, as I often find myself bored, but with little idea of how to improve it.

I think a purely comparative model of boredom doesn't work.