Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Aeturnus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2006, 4:53 pm

Since most aspies and auties tend to have an unusual preoccupation with inanimate objects or subject matter, then why not delve into the world of animism?

I can find articles on animism via an easy search on the Internet, but I just can't find that site I found a year or so back. I came across this site which talked about a person who had literally married a wall, a brick wall, that she beloved. It was said to be a form of animism, though this person was said to be particularly strange. The marriage was surely off the books, because it was so unconventional, but I would have to imagine whether or not she was an aspie or something.

The thing is, some of us can get more attached to our interests than with people. Why not, then, marry them?

Animism is the religion of applying souls and emotions to inanimate objects. I never even knew such a thing technically existed until a few years ago.

- Ray M -

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2006, 5:11 pm

Wow, you're right. I hadn't thought of that. But it all makes sense. If only it involved disregarding humanity, I'd convert today.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2006, 5:29 pm

Quote:
Animism is the religion of applying souls and emotions to inanimate objects. I never even knew such a thing technically existed until a few years ago

I've always did it but never knew it had a name just thought I was strange

Sundy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jul 2006, 4:32 pm

Isn't that what the Christian Right was afraid of if the US let homosexuals get married? Or was that something to do with farmers marrying their goats? I can't remember. Whatever dude. Like it matters.

I think people should be allowed to marry whatever the hell they want to. If marrying a goat/wall/member of the same sex makes you a happier, well-adjusted member of society, go for it. And I won't be offended nor my will my principles be shaken when you introduce me to your spouse. Why conform?

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2006, 4:35 pm

subatai_baadur wrote:
Wow, you're right. I hadn't thought of that. But it all makes sense. If only it involved disregarding humanity, I'd convert today.

I think there already something like that. Goth maybe?

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2006, 2:31 pm

Bopkasen wrote:
subatai_baadur wrote:

I think there already something like that. Goth maybe?

Yes, just be sure not to be Emo by accident--it's easy to get them confused.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2006, 6:08 pm

But I think animism as a religion sounds ludicrous. Why would someone marry an inanimate object that lacked a conscious? Also I'm not the one to adhere to a religion just because it's marketed as an "aspie religion". I think most people select religions for dumb reasons, so they can fit into a camp. Truth or reliability, or logick, don't fall into place anywhere in this proccess with most people.
I don't have a religion, I believe in the truth. And though I don't know everything, I let what I don't know continue to be an open book until and if I find out and later get to know.

waterdogs
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2006, 12:12 pm

Aeturnus wrote:
Animism is the religion of applying souls and emotions to inanimate objects.
because that doesn't make any sence. i think most people with As while they might like daydreaming and certain objects i think they also know where to draw the line of real and fake, but good for you for thinking most people don't even do that nowdays