Page 26 of 29 [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 12:10 am

By not liking armed robbery being "okay" for giant mafias.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 2:14 am

Someone resurrected this thread?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 2:24 am

yay :bounce:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 2:50 am

auntblabby wrote:
yay :bounce:

:lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 2:54 am

I get the impression that the most right-wing aspies here are the ones most invested in passing for NT.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 4:13 am

auntblabby wrote:
I get the impression that the most right-wing aspies here are the ones most invested in passing for NT.

That's a good possibility.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 4:32 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

since I first noticed WP in 2005 [didn't join until 2010] I've noticed the high-functioning right wing aspies here seem contemptuous of their lower-functioning brethren, they often seem to take umbrage against their lower-functioning brothers of the spectrum who cannot simply "jerk themselves up by their own bootstraps" to become more like the self-appointed "upperclassmen" of WP. it is almost like they want us to worship them.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 4:57 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

since I first noticed WP in 2005 [didn't join until 2010] I've noticed the high-functioning right wing aspies here seem contemptuous of their lower-functioning brethren, they often seem to take umbrage against their lower-functioning brothers of the spectrum who cannot simply "jerk themselves up by their own bootstraps" to become more like the self-appointed "upperclassmen" of WP. it is almost like they want us to worship them.

If they had been NT's back in school, they'd have been the jocks who used to bully us - the very same jocks they choose to defend whenever the topic comes up!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 5:01 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
If they had been NT's back in school, they'd have been the jocks who used to bully us - the very same jocks they choose to defend whenever the topic comes up!

in the army it was similar types of people who did indeed bully me around and express outrage that somebody like me was even in "their" army.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 5:04 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

in the army it was similar types of people who did indeed bully me around and express outrage that somebody like me was even in "their" army.

Dicks.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 5:07 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Dicks.

when i first started getting the typical high-handed responses from them [here on WP], it reminded me of my army days, in fact.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 5:14 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Dicks.

when i first started getting the typical high-handed responses from them [here on WP], it reminded me of my army days, in fact.

Yeah. It brought to mind the schoolyard bullies back in junior high and high school who made my life miserable.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 5:23 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Dicks.

Yeah. It brought to mind the schoolyard bullies back in junior high and high school who made my life miserable.

now they use their superior verbal skills as fists against us.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 10:03 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

That's a bit far fetched, isn't it?

Soulsparrer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Oct 2016, 10:37 am

smudge wrote:
That's a bit far fetched, isn't it?

I agree, plus not everyone who isn't AS is an "NT", there are other mental diagnoses, and lots of people have undiagnosed mental issues - some of the more extreme bullies likely have mental or behavioral problems as well (that doesn't excuse their behavior, but it just points out why the black/white "us vs everyone else" mindset is myopic).

Plus this "AS vs NTs" mindset seems pretty unhealthy and tribalistic or "cultish", along with all of the generalizations about anyone who isn't AS being a "dumb jock or bully". There are plenty of non-AS people who are perfectly well-adjusted individuals, and there are people with AS who are complete as*holes.

(Wikipedia members for example; I think there's a high ratio of autism in the Wikipedia community; I sometimes make minor edits to articles, and a good percentage of those who disagree with my edits just yell "rules" at me and essentially tell me to go F myself).

Soulsparrer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Oct 2016, 10:52 am

auntblabby wrote:

Don't understand what "passing" for an NT means.

All societies have some degree of conformity and individualism; for example I might "feel like" going to work naked and not wanting to wear clothes, but when I choose to wear clothes, or choose to stop at red lights does this mean I'm "passing for an NT" or "selling out" or something?

If you mean hiding Aspergers from everyone then that's different I suppose, but I don't reduce my entire identity to a mental diagnosis anymore than I do my race or sex; I consider my humanity more fundamental.